• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I aint black, but i am brown, and has someone that has been called the sand variety of the n-word several times to my face, i have no problem with people fearing a full body cast is in their future if they start some racist shit.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
But then we encourage, as a society, a sense of vigilante justice and lawlessness for punishing racist people with body slams and who knows what else.

By all means, this woman deserves to be humiliated and exposed as a racist. But it stops at exposure and humiliation, and should not be legal to physically harm her.

People should not be emboldened to legally use violence against each other after an exchange of harmful or even racist words.

She's a racist piece of shit. And labeling her as such would have been enough to ruin her.

Tell me how being labeled as a racist piece of shit ruins anyone, when the President of the United Fucking States of America is rightfully being labeled as such every single passing day.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
A "Violence Jack" is a pacifist? And again, she's not an 'old biddy'.

What does it matter if she's old or not? I'm not gonna shed a tear for her whether she's 55, 25, or 105. Personal past experiences dealing with violence and uncontrollable anger towards racist fucks and bullies lead me down a path I didn't want to follow. That doesn't mean I won't crack a smile if some old racist bitch got smacked around for calling someone the n-word.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I reached out to some of his family members on facebook asking if they had any plans for a gofundme or if there was any way I could contribute to any legal or whatever other costs. I'm sure they're swamped with stuff right now but I really want to help.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Great to see that lady get what she deserved, but sadly it will probably also result in a major pay day.

I worked retail far too long and you have to keep your cool. Customers belittle employees so much. Kick them out of the store, call police, but you cant escalate shit like that any further.

That said as a 32 year old white male I'll never be in that Popeyes guys shoes so it's hard for me to even imagine the amount of rage running through his body in that moment. Just sucks he will probably lose his job and get sued on top of it.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

One case is pretty fucking weak. Just being labeled as a racist has never cost people in any, actually tangible and consistent fashion because it *all* depends on if the employer leans left, or not, which, you know, isn't a given at all.

The claim this user makes is just absolutely naive, and assumes that a majority of people would even care. That's not how reality works right now.

18 pages of people to put on my ignore list.

I feel you. :(

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
What does it matter if she's old or not? I'm not gonna shed a tear for her whether she's 55, 25, or 105. Personal past experiences dealing with violence and uncontrollable anger towards racist fucks and bullies lead me down a path I didn't want to follow. That doesn't mean I won't crack a smile if some old racist bitch got smacked around for calling someone the n-word.
First, it's ironic that you don't understand the effects of chosen language in regard to an incident that occurred because of specific language.

Second, i don't know what the fuck you are talking about beyond point one.

Oct 27, 2017
Ill hang out where I want.
Feel free. Just don't expect not to be called out on your bullshit.

You're trying to marginalize and downplay the racism, systemic and otherwise, oppressed minorities face every single day and have faced for decades... sorry, centuries -- to white people in positions of power and benefiting from their privilege having their feelings hurt.

Imagine fucking claiming that white people are victims of rampant racism. You're not even subtle.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
People get banned and warned for console warring anything close to Transphobia or Homophobia but Diet Racism and being a racist apologist almost always gets waved off....

Nov 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory false equivalences around racism, Prior similar severe infraction
Educate myself lol. Ive experienced it dude. From both sides.

I responded to a poster and so far caught a couple insults from that. Im usually here to just talk about games. There are plenty of other hot takes to respond to.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got video proof of her kicking someone , that's assault. People get charged with assault every single day no matter color.

Nothing would happen over her using the N word via law but they had her on video kicking. That's assault.

If her family really do work in a police force which is infamous for being racist then I highly doubt she will get into much trouble.

Oct 27, 2017
People get banned and warned for console warring anything close to Transphobia or Homophobia but Diet Racism and being a racist apologist almost always gets waved off....
I'm actually surprised at the line that's allowed to be crossed. Some posters don't even veil it and yet I took a one month vacation for something I said about the dog killer in the Huckabee family.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget about those #WhitePeople hashtags and jokes about under-seasoned food. Feeling oppressed yet man?

Okay but for real what the fuck is up with our food. I had quesadillas on new years at a friends house and buddy let me tell you that my mouth was getting fucked in the best way possible and I have not been able to replicate it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
First, it's ironic that you don't understand the effects of chosen language in regard to an incident that occurred because of specific language.

Second, i don't know what the fuck you are talking about beyond point one.

What the hell are you talking about? You said I was a pacifist, and I told you why. Just because I wouldn't have resorted to violence in that situation doesn't mean I'm shaming the guy that did it or siding with the old racist bitch.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are people in this thread really stating that it is ok for a 250 pound man to body slam an old woman in the parking lot for saying a racial slur?

A five year old knows it's not ok to hit someone for calling you a name. If you think it is, in any way....well that is on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.