• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS, Wyo. — Park rangers stopped a woman who was illegally driving through Yellowstone National Park Tuesday and discovered that she had sustained burns after falling into a thermal feature earlier in the day.

The unidentified woman had reportedly backed up while taking photos and fell into a hot spring or hole where hot gases emerge near Old Faithful geyser, park spokeswoman Linda Veress said in an email.

Despite her injuries, the woman drove for roughly 50 miles until park rangers finally stopped her near Mammoth Hot Springs.

www.wpxi.com

Woman illegally visits Yellowstone, falls into thermal feature

Park rangers stopped a woman who was illegally driving through Yellowstone National Park Tuesday and discovered that she had sustained burns after falling into a thermal feature earlier in the day.

tenor.gif

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
.... huh?
Isn't there a guy that fell in a couple years back and he just completely instantaneously disintegrated? What's this lady made of?

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
.... huh?
Isn't there a guy that fell in a couple years back and he just completely instantaneously disintegrated? What's this lady made of?
I think they can range wildly in temperature and acidity. She got lucky. Still, I have this mental image of a lady whose flesh is basically melting off driving around Yellowstone and I think I'm gonna have nightmares.

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
She fared better than the last guy, at least.

A man who died at Yellowstone National Park back in June was completely dissolved in acidic water after trying to 'hot pot' - or soak himself - in the waters of one of the park's hot springs, an official report has concluded. [/quote[

www.sciencealert.com

A Man Has Been Dissolved in Acid After Trying to 'Hot Pot' in Yellowstone National Park

A man who died at Yellowstone National Park back in June was completely dissolved in acidic water after trying to 'hot pot' - or soak himself - in the waters of one of the park's hot springs, an official report has concluded.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
.... huh?
Yeah, I immediately thought of that story and was surprised to read that the woman survived. But she probably fell into a cooler/less acidic/shallower spring.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
.... huh?

Oh there was this guy:

In late September, a man was severely burned after he fell into thermal water near Old Faithful geyser. Cade Edmond Siemers, a U.S. citizen who lives in India, tripped into the hot spring while on a late-night walk.

Sounds like he libedtbut probably more.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
There's a book called Death at Yellowstone (or something like that) that covers all the dumb tourists who ignore posted signs and pay for it