• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
It's so stupid. Yearning for the US to return to the "good old days" that:

a) Are never coming back no matter how hard they wish
b) Got Trump elected in the first place
This is what kills me the most. People pretending like an entire political party didn't cosign all of Trump's horseshit almost in lockstep when they had a chance to get rid of him earlier this year. GOP is basically a terrorist organization yet people want to continue pretending otherwise.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
This isn't even surprising. This is on par with those videos of him being creepy with those girls.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
He has been a creep for a long time, and we just let him be that way.

Had he been excised earlier, we would not be in this position.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Trump basically brushed the Reade allegation aside when asked about it yesterday, so it seems like he doesn't want that can of worms turned to his side. If he wanted to, he would have a 10 paragraph essay of tweets about it today.

Nah, he specifically focused on _false_ accusations. It's still in the toolbox for sure. All it takes is one of these looking even more credible for Trump and Co, to blast from the rooftops that "Biden is an actual rapist" and that he was falsely accused by hypocritical Dems in another witch Hunt.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
Politically speaking about this story only, i really need to hear from her aunt on this... because its kind of insane to imagine she didn't tell her aunt, and if so that her aunt judged it would be better to stay silent on this happening to a child?

Its sad to imagine how this womans story will be consumed once her aunt is attracted to it but it seems impossible to avoid at the same time.

For the posts about attack ads and these allegations... could you see something, yes. probably? eh, not so likely.

Allegations like this easily get used as a bludgeon against women regardless of affiliation. The trump side is happy enough to use this to make all allegations look "false" or overstated even in attack form. The kavanaugh question or trump claiming spectator are used to make themselves look better and to demean validity of the conversation from happening. This is why its upsetting seeing anyone buy into the messaging from these sides who share an active interest in diminishing women coming forward. Its disingenious and harms what people are advocating for in the first place.

Polling from something like the kavanaugh ordeal shows how this topic can easily turn voters. Its not a comfortable or easily digest. Its ugly. This is especially true with men in general when it comes to relating or feeling insecure discussing or reading theses types of stories. Bidens biggest weakness here is undermining what looks to be a built in advantage with women voters due to trump just existing. How that grades out across the spectrum is anyone's guess... the enthusiasm gap (while its still very early) for biden just shows the blood lust out there to trash republicans/trumpism. The vessel to do so isn't as important as the end goal, biden is wonder bread for many politically. Which is why i think this primary was so soulless.

There's a reason why its easier to get people to rally against a celebrity or wealthy person accused of doing something wrong; even if just enjoyment in seeing them knocked down a peg. Politics brings more hyperbole and personal idea of belief attached to their name. Political party's and similar movements *are* identity cults for the people who consume them avidly... we just haven't seen this many people drink the kool aid in a long time.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
All those weird videos and gifs out there, with him touching or hugging girls or women "weirdly"....
I don't know man. This isn't looking good for him.
I saw some of those and I got uncomfortable immediately, especially when he's doing this while taking some group photos with the family.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Trump basically brushed the Reade allegation aside when asked about it yesterday, so it seems like he doesn't want that can of worms turned to his side. If he wanted to, he would have a 10 paragraph essay of tweets about it today.

Why are people forgetting that when Trump was accused of sexual assault, he literally brought Clinton's accuser on stage with him to drag Hillary down. He has no shame and he doesn't care. His base doesn't care either. He'll do whatever it takes.

"""Good thing""" the democrats don't seem to care that much either, I guess.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Nah, he specifically focused on _false_ accusations. It's still in the toolbox for sure. All it takes is one of these looking even more credible for Trump and Co, to blast from the rooftops that "Biden is an actual rapist" and that he was falsely accused by hypocritical Dems in another witch Hunt.

My guess is Trump will make it a meta commentary about how when Democrats are accused, they aren't assumed to be guilty by the media or party or celebrities or whatever.

And unfortunately he has been given a lot of material to work with.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Could be real or not. But there's definitely a large set of incidents, considering the amount of videos that have caught him in weird situations.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's because he knows he can toy with it and deploy the tactical nukes when convenient. Now is not the time to destroy Joe and he knows it. His passive words will be long forgotten when/if Joe secures the nomination. You thought the Swiftboat ads against Kerry were bad? You ain't seen nothin yet. We aren't the only ones with these creepy gifs and video clips. Believe that.

We've swung back around to mastermind Trump playing 5th dimensional chess again. No, Trump doesn't know shit about shit, if he wanted to make his dumb ass comments, he would make them. Either he doesn't care (likely) or he hasn't realized the situation (also probably likely to be completely honest).

As for the rest, I'm sorry, Biden is fucking garbage but pretending there is enough time to switch candidates is silly. All you would do is alienate the moderate dem vote and just hand the election over. They made the choice, maybe next time a dem president is finishing their term(s) in office, don't fall asleep and we won't have to take our 20 steps back again.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We've swung back around to mastermind Trump playing 5th dimensional chess again. No, Trump doesn't know shit about shit, if he wanted to make his dumb ass comments, he would make them. Either he doesn't care (likely) or he hasn't realized the situation (also probably likely to be completely honest).

As for the rest, I'm sorry, Biden is fucking garbage but pretending there is enough time to switch candidates is silly. All you would do is alienate the moderate dem vote and just hand the election over. They made the choice, maybe next time a dem president is finishing their term(s) in office, don't fall asleep and we won't have to take our 20 steps back again.

And to clarify since posting in these threads is like walking on egg shells, the "don't fall asleep" isn't some personal thing to you, it is to every voter in 2016.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see how folks defend Joey's doing this.
You and me both know how that's going to go.

"He was being nice by complimenting a shy/emotionally vulnerable teen on her physique."

Disgusting, but I can assure you a lot of people will try to rationalize to that effect.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Politically speaking about this story only, i really need to hear from her aunt on this... because its kind of insane to imagine she didn't tell her aunt, and if so that her aunt judged it would be better to stay silent on this happening to a child?
Power dynamics is like a universal force like gravity and electromagnetic.

Can't see it, can't smell it, but boy do you know it's there.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is part of a disgusting pattern of behavior which disqualifies Joe Biden from serving as president. I won't vote for him in November and I'll do what I can to make sure those around me are aware of the accusations against him.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The gifs are indeed very creepy and over the line so I wouldn't be surprised.

I know Obama isn't some white knight but why on earth did he pick a creep like him as VP twice?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know Obama isn't some white knight but why on earth did he pick a creep like him as VP twice?
First time because he needed to signal to white people that he wasn't gonna shake the boat up too much. Second time that + changing your ticket between elections projects instability with your administration.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
After seeing those Joe Biden close-talking YouTube clips, it's easy to see the guy is a pervert.

Oct 28, 2017
The gifs are indeed very creepy and over the line so I wouldn't be surprised.

Plugged up a lot of holes in terms of demographic support. Perhaps also a positive working relationship, a lot of people seem to like Biden.

As much as it paints the Democrats as a bunch of hypocritical hacks - at least the Republicans for the most part are totally OK with supporting garbage as long as they get their agendas through like stacking the courts - I don't think the majority of people will care unless there's actual physical proof of Biden actually raping someone.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im beginning to wonder whether Bidens hard-to-look-at personal space invasion will just go down as "Joe being Joe" to the average voter, seeing as it doesn't seem to be coming over as a shock to anyone.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
This is part of a disgusting pattern of behavior which disqualifies Joe Biden from serving as president. I won't vote for him in November and I'll do what I can to make sure those around me are aware of the accusations against him.
Are you not voting at all? Or what state you in. I think some people should hold their nose if they in a swing state, this election is too important to let Trump win

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
The democrats could have picked literally anyone else but they decided Biden was their man. SMH.

I can't imagine anyone else would even have a chance at beating Trump. I love Bernie's ideas, but I don't think even he could do it. At this point though, I imagine a lot of de-motivated dems will sit out the election (or throw away votes) and give us 4 more years of an even worse person anyway.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
"Mr. Biden it says here you wrote [Fourteen? You are very well endowed for fourteen] in the chat log. Care to explain it?"

d40d6a85-c327-4dd7-ac02-c38514293aed_1920x1080.jpg

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im beginning to wonder whether Bidens hard-to-look-at personal space invasion will just go down as "Joe being Joe" to the average voter, seeing as it doesn't seem to be coming over as a shock to anyone.
I suspect that will be some of it. I knew an older woman who was a family friend about Biden's age who was very similar in always wanting hugs and such and being very up close especially compared to people today who generally are aware of peoples personal space. It was uncomfortable though I know she wasn't trying to sexually harass me or anything. Just a severe personal bubble issue that I notice with a lot of people their age especially if they are very expressive people

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 month) - Normalizing and excusing sexual harassment
We've been knowing about creepiness for years. Its never given me "rapist" or "sexual predator" more so just "old person". He acknowledged it and has for the most part stopped that behavior now that we have the language and movements to address it. It feels like many of yall want this so desperately to be true because you didnt like the result of the primary, which he overwhelmingly won with all this baked in. I'm not excited to vote for him but its who we got. And yes, Trump is 100x worse; Stop trying to equivocate the two when you know thats a bad faith argument.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty well-worn territory with Apharmd, I wouldn't bother on this front.

I would normally ignore this smug post, but I want to clarify something- I have a fourteen year old daughter. She is a child. Joe Biden making sexual comments about a 14 year old is utterly disqualifying for the office for which he is running.

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the functioning adults you could've picked in the primary, it had to be this rapist, huh.

We've been knowing about creepiness for years. Its never given me "rapist" or "sexual predator" more so just "old person". He acknowledged it and has for the most part stopped that behavior now that we have the language and movements to address it. It feels like many of yall want this so desperately to be true because you didnt like the result of the primary, which he overwhelmingly won with all this baked in. I'm not excited to vote for him but its who we got. And yes, Trump is 100x worse; Stop trying to equivocate the two when you know thats a bad faith argument.

Well isn't this a bunch of dismissive bullshit.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Reading the title I figured this was from the 70s or something. To do that at any time is disgusting but in 2008? How the fuck did he not at least know better?

Biden needs to go, this presidential race is a disgrace.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would normally ignore this smug post, but I want to clarify something- I have a fourteen year old daughter. She is a child. Joe Biden making sexual comments about a 14 year old is utterly disqualifying for the office for which he is running.
In our perfect (or id just take any semblance of normal tbh) world.

But, voters are those who decide who.will ne making the laws that will affect your daughters life.

And the wide majority.dont seem to give a(n actual, real, non politically partisan) damn about almost anything these days as far as I can see. 2015/2016 made me realise that most voters priorities have pretty much zero to do with any kind of morals.

But as you've said you're in a blue state that seems unlikely to go anywhere but blue so your act isn't as "strong" as those who live in swing states.

What would you honestly do if you were in a swing state where thousands of votes made a difference last time around?

Personally, I could get over my own inner feelings of voting for someone who seems as grotesque as Biden is accused of being, but I think I'd never get over it if my vote contributed to another Conservative administration concluding in even more states banning things like abortions that rape victims often rely on. I think it'd be pretty hard to rationalise to my own daughter if she asked me.

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the functioning adults you could've picked in the primary, it had to be this rapist, huh.

Well isn't this a bunch of dismissive bullshit.
Dismissive in what sense? I'm aware that if he said that its incredibly gross. That doesn't change the fact that many people don't have a problem with it because its passed off as "light hearted" behavior from an older generation.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Dismissive in what sense? I'm aware that if he said that its incredibly gross. That doesn't change the fact that many people don't have a problem with it because its passed off as "light hearted" behavior from an older generation.
Its never given me "rapist" or "sexual predator" more so just "old person".
It feels like many of yall want this so desperately to be true
I'd wager he was calling it dismissive cause of these parts here, you know where you're actively dismissing this because "old person", which is not a fucking excuse I've known men older than Biden who knew not to say this type of shit and not to rape women, and the part where you imply you don't think this is true

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I find myself both suspicious and angry that this stuff wasn't brought to light more during the primaries when it could have helped a better Democrat pull ahead for the nomination.

Why on Earth did it take this long for this stuff to hit the mainstream? Was it the media ignoring it? Were the victims just hoping Biden would lose to the others in the primaries?

I don't even question some of these accusations themselves. I question the timing of their revelations.

Status
Not open for further replies.