• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
ANCHORAGE, Alaska — An Alaska woman had the scare of a lifetime when using an outhouse in the backcountry and she was attacked by a bear, from below.

"I got out there and sat down on the toilet and immediately something bit my butt right as I sat down," Shannon Stevens told The Associated Press on Thursday. "I jumped up and I screamed when it happened."

"I just shut the lid as fast as I could. I said, 'There's a bear down there, we got to get out of here now,'" he said. "And we ran back to the yurt as fast as we could."

Alaska Department of Fish and Game Wildlife Management Biologist Carl Koch suspects it was a black bear based upon photos of the tracks he saw and the fact that a neighbor living about a half mile away sent him a photo of a black bear on her property two days later.

Koch suspects Shannon's wound was caused by the bear swatting at her with a paw rather than being bitten. Either way, the location might be a first.

"As far as getting swatted on the butt when you're sitting down in winter, she could be the only person on Earth that this has ever happened to, for all I know," Koch said.

www.nbcnews.com

Alaska woman using outhouse attacked by bear, from below

“I got out there and sat down on the toilet and immediately something bit my butt right as I sat down,” Shannon Stevens said.

Oct 28, 2017
Does a bear shit in the woods? No. No it does not. It uses the outhouse.

"I got out there and sat down on the toilet and immediately something bit my butt right as I sat down," Shannon Stevens told The Associated Press on Thursday. "I jumped up and I screamed when it happened."

"I just shut the lid as fast as I could. I said, 'There's a bear down there, we got to get out of here now,'" he said. "And we ran back to the yurt as fast as we could."

Once safely back inside, they treated Shannon with a first aid kit. They determined it wasn't that serious, but they would head to Haines if it worsened.

www.nbcnews.com

Alaska woman using outhouse attacked by bear, from below

“I got out there and sat down on the toilet and immediately something bit my butt right as I sat down,” Shannon Stevens said.

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
That's what happens when you walk in to an occupied stall. You get your ass bit.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I always heard that is a common problem in Alaska, too the point folks stash a gun in the outhouse

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Koch suspects Shannon's wound was caused by the bear swatting at her with a paw rather than being bitten. Either way, the location might be a first.

Yeah. Unless her butt was doing some weird play dough stuff, I really don't understand how the bear could've bitten her butt.

Imagine being attacked by a bear covered in outhouse stuff.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I can't read the article right now, but does it explain how a fucking bear fit in a toilet?

Jan 3, 2018
MqVkTv8.jpg

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it normal that the question that lingers in my head is, how do you guys know she went in there to poo? Maybe she just needed to pee. Is it because Winnie the Pee isn't as funny?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fake news. Girls don't poop.

Alaska Department of Fish and Game Wildlife Management Biologist Carl Koch suspects it was a black bear based upon photos of the tracks he saw and the fact that a neighbor living about a half mile away sent him a photo of a black bear on her property two days later.
More like brown bear.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of that Xfiles episode, where that creature somehow crawls inside a port a potty toilet.