• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
MV5BNTA4MWQ4NGUtOGQ0MS00M2QyLWE5MDItZWM2YzA0ZDgxZTA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1MTg4Mzc@._V1_.jpg

The conclusion to Cartoon Saloon's Irish Folklore Trilogy, In a time of superstition and magic, a young apprentice hunter, Robyn Goodfellowe, journeys to Ireland with her father to wipe out the last wolf pack. While exploring the forbidden lands outside the city walls, Robyn befriends a free-spirited girl, Mebh MacTíre, a member of a mysterious tribe rumoured to transform into wolves by night. As they search for Mebh's missing mother, Robyn uncovers a secret that draws her further into the enchanted world of the Wolfwalkers and risks turning her into the very thing her father is tasked to destroy.

wolfwalkers_trailer_a.jpg

Wolfwalkers by Cartoon Saloon and Mélusine Productions

Directed By: Tomm Moore and Ross Stewart
Produced By: Paul Young, Nora Twomey, Tomm Moore, Stéphan Roelants
Screenplay by: Will Collins
Story by: Tomm Moore, Ross Stewart and Jerrica Cleland (story & script consultant)
Music by: Bruno Coulais, Kíla, AURORA

wolfwalkers_review_lead-1280x600.jpg

Starring:

Honor Kneafsey as Robyn Goodfellowe

A young British girl who moved to Ireland with her father Bill. An Aspiring Hunter that wants to hunt wolves like her dad, though an encounter in the forest with a Wolfwalker will give her a new perspective about the wolves and herself.

Sean Bean as Bill Goodfellowe

A Hunter that has been brought to Ireland to wipe out the last of the countries Wolves.
Bill is a simple man following orders, trying to keep the daughter he loves safe from any harm.

Eva Whittaker as Mebh Óg MacTíre

One of the few remaining Wolfwalkers, a mysterious tribe of people who can turn into wolves when they sleep. A wild but friendly girl that befriends Roybn. She has taken charge of the Wolf Pack whilst her mother is missing.

Maria Doyle Kennedy as Moll MacTíre

Mother of Mebh and a fellow Wolfwalker. She's currently missing despite her human body being present.
Mebh is out trying to find where she has gone.

Simon McBurney as Oliver Cromwell "The Lord Protector"
"
giphy.gif

The Lord Protector believes it is his duty to annihilate all the wolves of Ireland, dubbing them Pagan and Evil not fit for this world.
He will stop at nothing to maintain his vision of peace and tame the land.

wolfwalkers.jpg

Reviews:
Rotten Tomatoes: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wolfwalkers (98%, 117 Reviews at present)
Metacritic: https://www.metacritic.com/movie/wolfwalkers (86%, 26 Reviews at present)

Full Review Thread here

Critic Consensus:
"A mesmerizing Celtic-inspired adventure, Wolfwalkers offers an epic ethereal fantasy matched by profound philosophies and stellar voice work."

1Riy1Ez.png

About Cartoon Saloon:

Cartoon Saloon is a four-time Academy Award, Golden Globe, BAFTA and Emmy nominated animation studio formed by Paul Young, Tomm Moore, and Nora Twomey based in Kilkenny (Wolfwalkers also takes place in Kilkenny as well!). From award-winning shorts to feature films and TV series, Cartoon Saloon has carved a special place in the international Animation industry.

The other films in the Irish Folklore Trilogy:

The Secret of Kells:

download.php

A young boy in a remote medieval outpost is beckoned to adventure when a celebrated master illuminator arrives with an ancient book, brimming with secret wisdom and powers.

Song of the Sea:

81Eu68DIxGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

An Irish youth discovers that his mute sister is a selkie who must find her voice and free supernatural creatures from the spell of a Celtic goddess.

Wolfwalkers_Stills_00375-700x379.jpeg

Trailers:
Trailer 1:

Trailer 2 (Warning, this trailer is rather spoilery!):

Conceptual Trailer:

Release Date:
December 11th 2020

Where to Watch:
You can watch Wolfwalkers on Apple TV+. If you have not used Apple TV+ before, there is a 7-day free trial you can use

Apple-TV-free-trial.png

The Apple TV+ Link to Wolfwalkers is right here:
https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/wolfwalkers/umc.cmc.amuoq00hqelfi98j0gvg641x

The film is also playing in select cinemas, but please only attend a cinema if it is safe to do so in your country.

Podcasts:

Want some podcasts to listen to before watching the film, here are some suggestions for you to check out.

https://planetradio.co.uk/podcasts/the-empire-podcast/listen/2036098/ - Empire Film Podcast interview w/ Moore and Stewart

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/gay-breakfast/coming-out-with-the-wolfwalkers/ - Coming Out with the Wolfwalkers

https://www.radio.com/podcasts/fine-tooning-21474/fine-tooning-with-drew-taylor-episode-101-the-wonders-of-wolfwalkers-349896422 - Fine Tooning with Drew Taylor (more Q&A w/ Moore and Stewart)

And for some spoilery podcasts to watch when you've seen the film.

=================================================================================================================

FAQ:

What is the spoiler policy in this thread?

You are free to post spoilers in this thread, but please mark major spoilers until the 18th of December.

Do I need to see the other films in the Irish Folklore Trilogy to watch this one?

All 3 films in the trilogy are stand-alone, they are linked by their art styles and their focus on telling folklore stories. You can watch Wolfwalkers without seeing The Secret of Kells or Song of the Sea.

Should I watch The Secret of Kells or Song of the Sea?

Yes

I don't want to subscribe to another streaming service/I don't have a way to watch Apple TV+. Is there any other way to watch this film?

If the cinemas are safe to visit in your country then you can go to them if the film is playing, but in these pandemic times, I advise against going to the cinemas, at present a home release on a DVD or Blu-Ray is currently unknown, but safe to assume that it will happen eventually.

So is that really Oliver Cromwell in the film?

In the film the Oliver Cromwell inspired character is only ever named as "The Lord Protector", the directors said this is so they have Plausible Deniability

Is there anything else Wolfwalkers related I can pick up to compliment watching the film?

An art book for the film has been released that you can buy today.

Having picked this up myself I can highly recommend getting this artbook if you adore the visual style of the film.

A Graphic Novel and Board Game for the film have also been released. But I haven't picked up either yet so no comments are available on them for me.

Does Sean Bean die in this film?

Please watch the film to find out.

=================================================================================================================

Special Thanks to Ubertag for proofreading this OT for me and coming up with suggestions to add. I hope you all enjoy watching this film!

bd06e853a59ab6d2fe39fda996f432fec987c7df.gifv

Last edited:

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I am always up for anything that gives off that Secret of Kells vibe... and what could do so more than another movie made by the same studio with a vaguely similar premise? Great OT, btw.

EDIT: Never saw Song of the Sea, so I'll have to check that out eventually.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am always up for anything that gives off that Secret of Kells vibe... and what could do so more than another movie made by the same studio with a vaguely similar premise? Great OT, btw.

EDIT: Never saw Song of the Sea, so I'll have to check that out eventually.

If you are doing a Cartoon Saloon binge watch, I suggest giving The Breadwinner a watch as well.

MV5BMWM2MzQ4YTAtMTBkZS00ODA1LWFmNTEtMjEwNzk3ZGJiZDc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM4NTM5NDY@._V1_.jpg

Not technically part of the Irish Folklore trilogy (It's set in Afghanistan under control of the Taliban) but it's another one of Cartoon Saloon's great films to check out. Although I will say content wise it's their darkest film as well (Only one to receive a 12A rating over here in the UK)

Last edited:

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of response here is heartbreaking. Wolfwalkers is hands down my favourite of the year, and most certainly Cartoon Saloon's best film yet. The visual style is fantastic, the way they use the audio space on a home theatre, the narrative hits hard when it needs to, isn't afraid to be adventurous, fun.

I could go for hours about how good this film is. Well done Saloon, you've raised your own bar again.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw it last night and it was beautiful. Not sure how it measures up to Song of the Sea at the moment.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Finally got to see it yesterday and it was wonderful. Absolutely stunning animation, as is usual for Cartoon Saloon. Now to wait for a 4K Blu Ray release (and to hope Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea get one, too).

ɣGammaɣ

Oct 26, 2017
the middle of the woods
Wow beautiful Thread, did not expect that, thank you KillstealWolf

Very much love secret of kells and bought song of the sea two times. Sadly i dont have Apple tv so i will wait for the home release (pls be 4k/DV). Pretty happy to see all the positive reactions. Cartoon Saloon is an outstanding Animation Studio.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Watched this in an ACTUAL cinema last week and absolutely loved it. The animation is just stunning; the way it completely changes style depending if we're looking at things from the humans or wolves' perspective. Also, the soundtrack is fantastic, I hope it gets nominated for an Oscar.

Easily in my top 5 films of the year.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Watched this in an ACTUAL cinema last week and absolutely loved it. The animation is just stunning; the way it completely changes style depending if we're looking at things from the humans or wolves' perspective. Also, the soundtrack is fantastic, I hope it gets nominated for an Oscar.

Easily in my top 5 films of the year.
Wolfwalkers will be getting an Animated Feature nomination, no question.
That said, there will be two additional animated films that will land more Oscar nominations than it and that's kind of a shame.

Frankly, I'm just holding out hope that Wolfwalkers takes home the BAFTA win.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For those that have seen the film and are wanting to pick up the Artbook, There's a Q&A approaching for this Saturday with the film directors, Tom Moore and Ross Stewart.

The Art of WolfWalkers Virtual Panel / Q&A - Nucleus | Art Gallery and Store

Calling all animation fans! Order a copy of The Art of WolfWalkers from our site and gain exclusive access to an online (Zoom) Q&A with the Cartoon Saloon directors Tom Moore and Ross Stewart as well as the book's author Charles Solomon! This is a rare opportunity to look behind the scenes...

Calling all animation fans!

Order a copy of The Art of WolfWalkers from our site and gain exclusive access to an online (Zoom) Q&A with the Cartoon Saloon directors Tom Moore and Ross Stewart as well as the book's author Charles Solomon! This is a rare opportunity to look behind the scenes, learn about the making of the film, and ask the directors questions related to the visual development process for this new animated fantasy adventure!

ONLINE Q&A INFORMATION

• Information may be subject to change. Please check this page closer to the event for updated information.
  • On December 19 at 1:00PM PST, Nucleus will be hosting a live 2 hour Q&A with the directors and book author of The Art of WolfWalkers via Zoom.
  • Customers that purchase a signed or unsigned copy of The Art of WolfWalkers from our website, from now till 11:59 PM PDT December 18, will be emailed access to the Zoom Session. Zoom info will be sent no later than 11:00AM PST December 19 - the day of the panel.
  • Copies signed by the author will ship after Christmas 2020.
  • Unsigned copies will ship in late November / early December.
  • After you have made your purchase, you can email your questions for the panelists to [email protected]. Please use "WolfWalkers Questions" in the subject line.
  • The deadline to submit questions is on December 9 at 11:59 PM PDT. Keep in mind that questions will be pre-screened, not all questions will be answered, panelists will answer questions according to their own discretion.

It's a little late to submit your own questions now, but if you want to hear about how the film was made this seems like a great place to do so, I got to learn a lot of cool things about the film thanks to the Q&A panels held at the animation festivals earlier this year. Plus the artbook is really snazzy as well.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
This was unbelievable. The art style is just phenomenal! One of the most, if not the most beautiful animation I ever watched.

The story is fine, but the art is just so incredible. The way they seamless mix styles, it's just so beautiful.

Now I must watch all of their other works

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My short review:

Inspired panel-style framing and impressionist backgrounds make for a really pretty storybook-style film that happens to combine themes of nationalism and man vs nature quite harmoniously. It's not quite the tearjerker The Breadwinner was, maybe because the real world parallels aren't quite as poignant and the Irish-English tensions are quite simplistic. Still the wolf vision gives way to fun action sequences and a heartwarming vibe. Fans of Ghibli films will appreciate the similar themes, especially Princess Mononoke.

While it didn't resonate with me as much as Song Of The Sea or Breadwinner, it's a fun romp and the visuals are stunning.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to do my big long write-up for Wolfwalkers now. Warning, here be spoilers

So I've been anticipating this film since the conceptual trailer dropped in 2017, whilst I had been aware of Cartoon Saloon with The Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea, admittingly it wasn't until The Breadwinner from that year that I actually got around to watching one of their films. I was fortunate enough to be able to watch The Breadwinner on the big screen at my local art-house theater (Though in 2018 summer was when we got to watch it), going in I knew the subject matter was for the film but I was still surprised by it's 12A rating. The film certainly stood out with its animation and how it handled its subject manner. And ranked 8th of the 45 films of the year I saw (It didn't quite top the animation list, Isle of Dogs, Coco and Spiderverse beat it out in the end on my list, had I got to watch it in 2017 though, probably would have been top on the animation list, that or the MLP Movie hahaha.)

Afterwards, I tracked down The Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea as well. Loved both of those as well. Song of the Sea became a personal favourite of the bunch. So, all caught up, I was primed for Wolfwalkers when it released.

...And then we got the lockdown, which pretty much made me think we'll be having an even longer wait for the film to come out. No issues, I've waited 3 years already, I can wait for another 3 if need be. Thankfully didn't have to wait that long as we got an Apple TV announcement in September. Shortly afterwards the London Film Festival announced the would-be screening films online this year, and Wolfwalkers was among them, so I grabbed a ticket and watched the film back in October. The film has been stuck on my mind ever since.

The obvious first thing to mention is the animation and how gorgeous it is, you could take a screenshot of any individual frame of this film. The Woodcarving inspired drawings really pop, and there's a great contrast between the sharp pointy town of Kilkenny under the Lord Protectors rule, and the Lush, Curvy, Free-flowing forests that the Wolves roam in. This extends to the character designs as well, and it's fun to see characters art styles even change depending on how they align, most noticeable with Robyn as she grows closer with the Wolfwalkers.

All the characters are great in this film and no one feels miscast. Robyn makes a for a great lead character with her arc of wanting to be a hunter with her dad and eventually getting to hunt and lead the pack. Bill Goodfellowe does the simple man trying to protect his daughter, Sean Bean certainly gives the role of a conflicted father well but knows that his daughter is what matters the most, Cromwell... I mean "Lord Protector" proves an imposing antagonist to take down and the film does well to make you hate him and how dangerous his actions are. Moll is a little under-used for the film but certainly leaves an impression when she shows up, but it's Mebh that stands out as my favourite character of the film. From her design with the hair full of leaves to her unapologetic Irish voice acting from Eva Whittaker, to those sharp teeth and the interactions with the wolves as she acts as caretaker of the pack. One of my favourite bits of animation for her is when she teases Robyn that the wolves are going to eat her. And she has to wave her hands to push the Wolves into actually chasing her which is brilliant.

Story-wise I would say it's a case of a simple story but executed perfectly. I can draw a comparison to Princess Mononoke with Town VS Forest dynamic and in contrast with Mononoke which showed a balanced side to each the spirits of the forest and iron town with only the offscreen emperor being the closest figure to the big bad for the film. This film is all with siding for the forest and what Cromwell is doing is wrong. It's maybe a bit blunter on the message front for that, but the core of the film is with the friendship between Robyn and Mebh, and that truly shines. And even with a fairly familiar setup, I was still uncertain on where exactly the film was going to end up going as it was entering its final act.

I must also give praise to the Wolf Vision scenes of the film, with the Running with the Wolves segment being my personal favourite part of the film. Aurora's song matches up perfectly with the animation with Robyn's first night as a wolf learning from Mebh.

de58kqy-f9918456-1fc4-424b-801b-6173c08bbde4.gif

I think I've seen this film 5 different times now, twice at two different film festivals, once with the family when it came out on Apple TV and then twice after that as well. And I still want to see it again. The one thing I hope for is that when cinemas re-open again, I can find a place that will run this on the big cinema screen so I can fully embrace the 2D Animation, My home setup is nice and certainly above average, but it doesn't match to the full-screen experience. I hope this a film people talk about for a long time and does not get overlooked. Cartoon Saloon has hit 4 for 4 on all their films so far and Wolfwalkers is my favourite of their entire lot (Here's hoping next years My Father's Dragon goes 5 for 5). Wolfwalkers might actually be one of my favourite films of the past 5 years. I've already picked up the Artbook, I'm planning to get the Graphic Novel, If a 4K Blu Ray is coming out. I'll grab that as well.

I imagine most people will probably be checking out Soul as an animated feature for Christmas Day, and I can't blame them, initial impressions for that film also sounds really good and I'll be checking it out with the family tomorrow. But for those that haven't seen either, a double feature of the two sounds like a wonderful way to spend Christmas Day tomorrow. And I hope to hear more impressions on the film from everyone else here soon.

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
The start of the movie was extremely forced. There was an abnormal motivation and the lack of any sense to go out into the forest for the girl.

Also, the father is a bit too stubborn. The confict between girl and the father should not have lasted this long, instead, the landlord should have been fleshed out into a bit more cunning and ruthless villain.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Finally watched myself. A great finisher for the Iris Mythology Trilogy, though the initial premise is a bit too similar to The Secret of Kells (parent wants to keep child in town, child runs out and meets magical person who is initially hostile but becomes best friends), but the plot otherwise diverges from there. The art for the Wolf Sense is great, and I love the Running With the Wolves scene. I love the thick squiggly lines in close-ups. We get a historical figure who is never named directly and uses Christianity quite a lot in this (to the point that he reminds me of Judge Frollo), and I wish The Secret of Kells had done that too.

The Secret of Kells>Wolfwalkers>Song of the Sea

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched first two of the trilogy but I watched this today. It was great. I love hand-drawn animation and the style and use of color is also well-done. I liked pretty much all of it. The ending was fairly typical but handled pretty well. I will check out the other two.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
FYI, Wolfwalkers presently OUTSCORES Soul in both critical reviews and audience reception on BOTH Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic... and they presently share the same user score on IMDB.

Don't need an epic 14-page thread on Era for the little guy to get noticed and come out on top. Here's hoping it nets some awards love this April from BAFTA and the Annies.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
The start of the movie was extremely forced. There was an abnormal motivation and the lack of any sense to go out into the forest for the girl.

Also, the father is a bit too stubborn. The confict between girl and the father should not have lasted this long, instead, the landlord should have been fleshed out into a bit more cunning and ruthless villain.
I will wholeheartedly acknowledge (and even sussed out in my impressions review back in September) that this film's opening is its weakest aspect.

We see Robyn act out impetuously while chattering away to Merlyn, she gets caught by her father, he delivers heavy-handed overprotective parenting advice (which feels right at home in 2020), it clearly goes in one ear and out the other, Robyn proceeds to act out further and we observe these story beats getting the wash, rinse, repeat treatment with ever-escalating stakes for the first 20 or so minutes.

And yet, despite all that, I can't really knock it given that it IS still effective at delivering on its key tenets of highlighting character motivations and introducing us to this world and the underlying tension towards wolves using Bill and the townsfolk as a vehicle for showcasing those elements. To say nothing of how much stronger the remainder of the film feels by contrast once the central Robyn-Mebh dynamic is introduced and juxtaposed against those opening minutes.

Oct 27, 2017
And yet, despite all that, I can't really knock it given that it IS still effective at delivering on its key tenets of highlighting character motivations

I don't think that the motivation behind girl's desire to hunt wolves is ever explained. We don't even have the father training or encouraging her to pursue this path, she is just... fixated on it, and the movie never explains why.

To fix this, I think, the movie should have introduced the lord demanding results (and threatening with a punishment) from the father as the first scene. Set the father on the backfoot at the start of the movie instead of 1/3 into it. It would solve problems:
• Highlight why the girl is so hellbent on going out to hunt wolves (to help the father avoid demotion or imprisonement), now I can both understand and even relate to her situation
• Introduce the lord early on, and allow him to develop his character further in later interactions

I think you could even wrap this enchange within 2 minutes, at no change to the runtime or the sequence of events. She also talks to her bird, which is kind of the audience too, so telling the bird how she is going to help father hunt wolves to avoid punishment is easy.

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
This was probably the most beautiful Cartoon Saloon movie yet. I particularly liked how it played with perspective, and how the animation became "rougher" in the woods as opposed to the town.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that the motivation behind girl's desire to hunt wolves is ever explained. We don't even have the father training or encouraging her to pursue this path, she is just... fixated on it, and the movie never explains why.

Film explains that Robyn used to go hunting with her father when they were back in England together. But the Lord Protector has rules preventing any children from going into the forest, which Bill follows as he wants to keep Robyn safe.

It's not hard to understand why Robyn thinks she wants to hunt wolves, the keyword being think, there are giant posters scattered around Kilkenny with a bounty for wolves on them. And the town sings songs about Killing the Wolf as well. Plus it's what her father is being paid to do.

And that last point is the key part, Robyn thinks highly of her dad, and always talks about how she wants to go hunting with her father like things used to be. I think that's the key crux to Robyn, she just wants to be with her dad and impress him. Think how when the bully kids approach her, she's quick to bring up how great of a hunter her father is and how she would be just like him. Or how when trying to tell him about the Wolfwalkers, it's so he has a way to do his duty to the lord protector.

It's only when outside the town, in the forest and she learns about Mebh, the Wolf Pack, and the Wolfwalkers, being given a different perspective makes her realize she doesn't actually want to hunt wolves instead she just longs to be free like she was in England.

I think the Lord Protector probably could be expanded upon in the film, but I don't think there is much need to do so either. He's a stand in for Oliver Cromwell. The Irish hate Cromwell and all we really need to know is why the Irish don't like Cromwell and why he's the biggest threat of the film. And the film does that well enough showing his iron grip on Kilkenny and it's people despite pretty much everyone in town hating him, how it is unreasonable to try and reason with him because he believes Wolfwalkers are Pagan Witchcraft which must be destroyed and how he will not stop until he achieves his goals because he believes it's the lord's way.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched this.

Blown away. Absolutely my favorite movie of the year. Gorgeous with an amazing cast and a wonderful story of female empowerment and friendship.

I feel like this would almost be told in a limited series, however. Like four episodes, one of Robyn and her father's situation, one on their forey into the woods, one of Robyn learning about her new life, and one of the climax. It felt a little rushed, but I loved it. I wanted more history of Robyn and Mebh.

Also, holy shit Mebh gave me Sprite vibes from Secret of Mana so hard.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
In case there are those of you who haven't watched Wolfwalkers yet because you don't want to pony up for Apple TV+ (although they do have free trial subscriptions), Guillermo del Toro would like you to know that you have another option...

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw this and I feel like I don't have much to say other than it was a really great movie. I was surprised that the ending was as happy as it was. I was sure that the mom was going to die.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So are wolf walkers werewolves?

Sorta, to pull from the Graphic Novel which expands a bit on the Wolfwalkers.

In the Kingdom of Osraighe, there was a tribe with the power to heal. When Naomh Pádraig (Saint Patrick) came to tell the people of the new religion, this tribe stayed apart from the others. They would not give up the old ways.

When the holy man preached, they howled from the forest like wolves to remind the people that there was another, older wisdom in the woods. Some say Naomh Pádraig cursed them; others that he blessed them. But the result was the same—for ever more, they would walk as people by day and roam as wolves by night.

Leaving their human form behind, any harm or good that befell them as wolves, they felt in their waking form, too. They were a proud breed living with the wild wolves, keeping the peace between man and the wilderness.

Key difference is the power to heal and that it's when they sleep they take the form of a wolf, and any harm the wolf body takes, the human body also takes it as well.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I liked the film a lot and liked how ambitious the animation was in uniqueness. It also did wonders in explaining the power of Wolfwalkers.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Truly exceptional film.

Gotta love a film where
thinly veiled Oliver Cromwell kills himself after being bitten by a werewolf.