• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Terror Twin will you play as?

• Jess

Votes: 277 71.8%
  • Soph

Votes: 159 41.2%

• Total voters

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
the only *real* complaint i have about this game is that none of the areas really feel that different. like there are obvious visual changes, but even they aren't that great. going from one area to another over the course of a mission would be a lot less monotonous if the environments were more varied

Oct 24, 2018
This game went from "garbage" to "Can't wait to play more" after I found out you have to play this like Destiny / Division. Just dash through the open world to the objective, don't try and kill all baddies, ignore stealth and just go guns blazzing.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Had a bit of a rough start with the game feeling a little too difficult, as well as running into a crash to desktop in the middle of a mission. Also, something about the cutscene quality is odd--it's like someone turned the anti-aliasing way too high and everything looks a little smeary, but in-game everything's nice and crisp. Once I remembered that this is a Wolfenstein game, and that a certain amount of run-and-gun bravado is not only encouraged but mandatory, I started having a lot more fun. I love having the double jump here, and the way levels are designed with ample high ground is a plus. Weird how the game sort of tricks you into thinking of Jess and Soph as "sniper and melee berzerker" when about half the time the real way to play them both is to whip out a shotgun and go to town.

Not yet at the point where things get super repetitive, I've now seen all the districts and played a few side missions but not a ton. Until I read this thread I assumed I'd be hitting the Brother raids sooner rather than later, but I'm perfectly fine to clear out side missions for a while longer. Kind of wish there was a stronger story component, though. The trailer for Youngblood basically gives you the first few hours' worth of story.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Played for 4+ hours, hit level 20, and took out Brother 3.

Really not seeing the "bullet-sponge" complaints. Between my partner and I, we were roasting everything in sight.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Just wanted to say I'm loving this so far. It's different to the other games but I don't feel that's a bad thing so far.

Really enjoying the continuing story too.

It's running awesome on my PC and looks great in ultra wide

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Getting super pissed off with the game this morning.

I love Wolfie due to its moving forward and kill approach.

In this this morning I have done SO MUCH back tracking and exploring to try to get to a way point and I still can't get there.

Why can I not even look at a map to help?

ARGGG!!!! Really hating this.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Beat it on the One X. Loved it. It has flaws that are due almost entirely to the new mechanics and systems but it's still Wolfenstein and that's all I could ask for. I'm really confused on what Wolfenstein III will look like given the narrative here, certainly a lot of room for some interesting stuff but there's also a lot that is left unexplained in this game that you'd think you would almost need a second game focused solely on the twins just for plot threads specific to them to get a resolution. There's no way that they can squeeze the conclusion of the twins story AND the main narrative into a single game.

Onto the second playthrough on my Switch, looking forward to seeing how some of the later areas work considering the dynamic resolution scaler on the One X version literally blurred out the entire screen entirely for seconds at a time during some specific boss fights and the framerate would hit somewhere in the 30s. The Switch might just melt.

If I had to score it, 8/10. If I had to rank it amongst the current reboot series entries...
1. Wolfenstein: The New Order
2. Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
3. Wolfenstein: Youngblood
4. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
5. Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot
It also (obviously) gets a full price recommendation.
Is there any reason to go with the firing rate build? Seems like all-damage is the way to go?
All damage, all the time. Once you enter the last few levels of the game, you'll be up against some tough and very large motherfuckers and the more damage you deal, the quicker those encounters go.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I found an encrypted floppy disk in the Little Berlin district talking about a secret art cache in a sidestreet next to some car. I think it's the one very close to the starting location as there are some grey blobs on the minimap I can't seem to access. Does anyone know how to get to it?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday here someone explained you could change your twin's equipment playing solo. I had zero luck finding out how to do that, could anyone help me out?

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Getting super pissed off with the game this morning.

I love Wolfie due to its moving forward and kill approach.

In this this morning I have done SO MUCH back tracking and exploring to try to get to a way point and I still can't get there.

Why can I not even look at a map to help?

ARGGG!!!! Really hating this.

This has been my experience as well. I'm also having issues finding waypoints and getting stuck. I don't hate it, it's just not what I want in a Wolfenstein game.

Exploration and backtracking haven't been fun, the twins are surprisingly annoying, and I really just don't want an "open world mission select" game when I play Wolfenstein. It does look pretty good, the shooting seems fine, and it moves quickly (on One X anyway).

Glad I just used Redbox, I think I'll not bother playing anymore. It feels a bit tedious and like work.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
I'm quite enjoying this, even on my own but i'm just experienced a truly awful example of not being able to quicksave(unless you actually can and I haven't realised).

Not sure what mission it is but I was
climbing the tower, made my way to the top with with the huge mech fight, died the one time and it sent me all the way back to the bottom. I mean, come on.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Yesterday here someone explained you could change your twin's equipment playing solo. I had zero luck finding out how to do that, could anyone help me out?
Sorry, that was me. I don't check Resetera too often and usually forget to notice that little bell icon thing in the corner for alerts.

On PS4, you press Triangle and it equips that Pep Booster/Cosmetic to your AI partner. I'm assuming it's Y for Xbox?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
This has been my experience as well. I'm also having issues finding waypoints and getting stuck. I don't hate it, it's just not what I want in a Wolfenstein game.

Exploration and backtracking haven't been fun, the twins are surprisingly annoying, and I really just don't want an "open world mission select" game when I play Wolfenstein. It does look pretty good, the shooting seems fine, and it moves quickly (on One X anyway).

Glad I just used Redbox, I think I'll not bother playing anymore. It feels a bit tedious and like work.
Yeah it's pissing me off, just help me out in getting on with the action.

Why no map?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, that was me. I don't check Resetera too often and usually forget to notice that little bell icon thing in the corner for alerts.

On PS4, you press Triangle and it equips that Pep Booster/Cosmetic to your AI partner. I'm assuming it's Y for Xbox?

Thank you! I'm afraid I'm on PC, so it's not that easy to find out :D Can you tell me what screen you do it from? I'm guessing the overall Character screen?

Edit: Ah, found it! It tells you on the right side of the screen while you select a specific part to equipc. Incredibly weird placement since all the other button explanations are at the buttom. Thank's a lot, would have never found this out on my own :D

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to realize this is more of a sequel to Raven's 2009 Wolfenstein than anything. The whole structure is pretty similar as is the upgrading of your abilities and weapons. Enjoying this more and more as I get through it and upgrade my weapons and skills.

I've also gotten into the routine of going out on 'runs' to areas to complete a few quests at the same time then warping back to the catacombs for the rewards, then doing it again for the next areas, rather than solely doing one thing at a time. I think the game flows better that way.

Nov 8, 2017
Press and hold E (on PC) or whatever the interact button is on console, and you will automatically fast travel back to base from wherever you are.

Only if you have already got the metro. Two Brother's down and in both cases we had to backtrack to the start to leave because we hadn't located the metro station that was necessary. Brother 2 (we did it first) was a nightmare to navigate out because of it's bizarre layout.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Some of the readable articles you find are really interesting and provide a nice lore background. Funny little easter eggs too, Mick Gordon is an Anthropologist in this universe. :D Also I'm still waiting for the bullet sponges that are supposed to be everywhere. So far everything melts right away, if not, I switch guns to the other armor type and they melt again. Only fought the tutorial boss and he was a pain so I'd guess that only bosses are a bit spongey.

Natasha Kerensky

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Praha, CZ
this game looks very interesting but i hear that you should play it in coop for optimal fun. how does that work? can i play it local coop? or is it just regular invite over psn or steam?

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You do you Soph.

vlcsnap-2019-07-28-15zekzg.png

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm starting to realize this is more of a sequel to Raven's 2009 Wolfenstein than anything. The whole structure is pretty similar as is the upgrading of your abilities and weapons. Enjoying this more and more as I get through it and upgrade my weapons and skills.
this is the first thing I've read that makes me want to play it. Though Wolfenstein 2009 is as good as it is because the gunplay and weapons you get to play around with were genuinely fun to use. Gunplay has never been a strong point for MachineGames' Wolfenstein games.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Played for 4+ hours, hit level 20, and took out Brother 3.

Really not seeing the "bullet-sponge" complaints. Between my partner and I, we were roasting everything in sight.
Yeah I finished the game with a friend and nothing felt more spongey than what I remember in TNO? It actually felt less inconsistent than that honestly.

We were under leveled for the end too. Enemies were showing the skull level indicators and everything.

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017
The maps are quite deep for coop with strangers. I just can't help myself exploring and then they get impatient.
We had no lives and I was waiting for my partner to come open the box but they didn't. So i follow him to the next section of brother 1 and we die.NIce...
It's fps encounter arenas bundled in dishonored 2 maps, strange but more fun than the new collosus so that's already that.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
That ending boss is a new definition of bullet sponge enemies bullshit.

I was literally left with zero bullets after he crashed his jackpack. Not to mention he has too hard attacks when he's on the ground + soldiers everywhere doesn't help either. AI simply can't help there either.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Some of the readable articles you find are really interesting and provide a nice lore background. Funny little easter eggs too, Mick Gordon is an Anthropologist in this universe. :D Also I'm still waiting for the bullet sponges that are supposed to be everywhere. So far everything melts right away, if not, I switch guns to the other armor type and they melt again. Only fought the tutorial boss and he was a pain so I'd guess that only bosses are a bit spongey.

They're bullet sponges compared to the previous Wolfenstein games.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
That ending boss is a new definition of bullet sponge enemies bullshit.

I was literally left with zero bullets after he crashed his jackpack. Not to mention he has too hard attacks when he's on the ground + soldiers everywhere doesn't help either. AI simply can't help there either.
Oh just stick to him and use a shotgun in the second phase and no soldiers will spawn....

Plum

May 31, 2018
Fuck this game

...now that's out of the way this game's lack of any form of a checkpoint system is goddamn awful. I got right to the top of one of the Brother towers and was just about to defeat the boss but the game crashed (because the Switch simply couldn't handle that shit). Now I'm right back at the bottom and have to go all the fucking way back up.

You'd expect this kind of shit from games 20 years old, not a modern first person shooter like this one.

Plum

May 31, 2018
...now the game's just completely broken on my Switch. Lighting has been turned off completely, it's running at fuck-all FPS and textures are just refusing to load.

But because of the fucking bullshit checkpoint system I will have to do 10 minutes of gameplay over again if I try and reset.

Fuck this.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They're bullet sponges compared to the previous Wolfenstein games.

Only they aren't. The enemies that person is blasting away in the video can also be blasted away with one-two shots in Youngblood. I think the difference here is that the new game drops a lot more elites on you and that's what gives people the idea that everyone's a bullet sponge. I used the shotgun for like 90% of my kills (beat the game yesterday) and with the exception of elites or bosses, everyone goes down in one-two shotgun blasts.

Fenzer

Nov 6, 2017
I kinda like it so far. We just discovered the mission hub with my friend but can't really understand what to do next.

We tried to do the first Raid but run into overpowered ennemies. Are we supposed to do some secondary missions to level up and finally beat these enemies ?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I got done beating the game on PC, and on the whole, I like this game. I don't know if I love it, but I definitely don't regret buying it.

I feel that some of the complaints are overblown. The only real bullet sponge enemies are the big robots and the bosses, and they've always been bullet sponges to an extent. Everything else(even the aforementioned robot enemies) is very manageable with the right weapon, especially if you give it the right upgrades. It doesn't even have to be pure damage. I ran a +fire rate shotgun with only one damage upgrade(flashlight for dark areas), and it served me well the entire game.

I remember two shotting one of the Brother bosses with the Laserkraftwerk, and I was playing on Normal difficulty. Just give it the chargeable beam upgrade, then the rest +damage, and just melt high armor enemies with charge shots.

I got the game for like $20-25, and I feel that it's worth that price. If this was $60, I'd probably be a little sore after the experience. For the price, I think this is a fine Wolfenstein game.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Si I like it so far. We just did the discovered the mission hub with my friend but we can't really understand what to do next.

We tried to do the first Raid but run into overpowered ennemies. Are we supposed to do some secondary missions to level up and finally beat these enemies ?

Once you get to the mission hub, you'll be told that you are not yet ready for the Brothers, and you'll need to build up your team and your arsenal. This is your time to go out and do the various side missions that the people in the hub can give you, rescue others who can help you later, and level up.

It's basically like the part in Mass Effect 2 where you go off and spend a good chunk of time building out your team before you move onto the big bad dudes. Also, stop by and see Abby, she can give you daily and weekly challenges which you'll get through the course of playing anyway, for the most part, which will level you up faster.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I beat Brother 1 yesterday, probably a good place to give my quick thoughts.

First couple of missions were pretty cutscene heavy, but that seems to have tapered off significantly once you get to start roaming around the streets of Paris. The dialogue is great but there really isn't much of it at this point other than the generic "We got this, Sis!" kinda stuff. The twins don't have BJ's internal monologues so I do think you lose a bit of the characterization that made the past games so great, and what is there is quite infrequent even if the twins are pretty likeable.

Game is far more focused on the shooting and exploration. You can absolutely see the Arkane influence with the verticality and all the shortcuts, but the districts I've run through so far don't really feel all that distinct. I think the shooting is pretty much on par with the past games, and the RPG lite stuff doesn't really bother me too much, I think it just serves as a way of progress gating seeing how the game is a bit more freeform this time. I don't know if I dig the enemy armor system however, I think it just feels like a way to force you to use different guns.

Overall it's a fun little experimental side game so far. For the budget price I'm certainly enjoying it but I don't know if it's going to be for everyone.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I got done beating the game on PC, and on the whole, I like this game. I don't know if I love it, but I definitely don't regret buying it.

I feel that some of the complaints are overblown. The only real bullet sponge enemies are the big robots and the bosses, and they've always been bullet sponges to an extent. Everything else(even the aforementioned robot enemies) is very manageable with the right weapon, especially if you give it the right upgrades. It doesn't even have to be pure damage. I ran a +fire rate shotgun with only one damage upgrade(flashlight for dark areas), and it served me well the entire game.

I did 3 Stier (damage) upgrades on every weapon to get the +10% damage perk, and then stuck on two Tempo (rate of fire) upgrades for every remaining upgrade and, yeah, few enemies last long. Doing 110% damage at 110% speed makes a huge difference.