• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Terror Twin will you play as?

• Jess

Votes: 277 71.8%
  • Soph

Votes: 159 41.2%

• Total voters

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Correction: the boosters are only buyable with silver coins, the currency you pick up everywhere. The MTX is just for skins, which is mildly less skeevy.

Incorrect. A few of the boosters are purchasable with both in-game currency and the micro transactions but the ones that actually matter and affect gameplay are only purchasable with real money. The double silver coins, double armor, and double health boosters can only be purchased with gold coins, the purchasable micro transaction currency.

Edit: Of course none of that really matters because the real issue with the game is that it's not balanced for solo players on Normal unless you get certain things. Get the full armor pep booster for 4,000 silver coins and the full health pep booster for 2,500 silver coins. Give the health booster to your AI partner and use the armor booster yourself. Also make sure you leveled up and put points into having a 50% cooldown on your pep booster ability and suddenly the game is easy mode.

Last edited:

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Starting this today finally after I wasn't able to get to it for a few days, looking forward to all the mtx people claim this game is full of. /s

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
This year is the biggest disappointment of the entire generation for AAA Western games (the games I like). All of the following are major disappointments for this year already:
- Anthem
- Far Cry New Dawn
- Wolfenstein Young Blood
- Crackdown 3
- Days Gone

Ouch!

Slight disappointments:
- Metro Exodus
- The Division 2

Honestly, not a single game has been what I would consider great. Brutally bad year.

I really enjoyed Crackdown 3 for what it was, and since I don't own a HDR display I won't mind doing another playthrough when I'll get one

But yeah everything else on that list is just plain average to bad (haven't played Days Gone tho)

You forgot Rage 2 also

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question:
I'm not sure what THIS post (about getting DOOM skins in the game) is insinuating, i.e. if you had to have the Slayer account before the game was released. Does anyone know what you need to do, if possible, to make these skins available, or was it only a "pre-order"-like offer?

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Final boss spoilers
This fight fucking sucks solo. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to fight him with, I'm pretty much completely out of ammo by the time I even get to him, the turrets up top take forever because he never turns his back on them so I can hit his jet pack, and even if I finish that part I still have to fight him again, and I still have basically no ammo. They introduced the godhand mechanic, but I can't catch lasers, so it's totally worthless at the end.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Incorrect. A few of the boosters are purchasable with both in-game currency and the micro transactions but the ones that actually matter and affect gameplay are only purchasable with real money. The double silver coins, double armor, and double health boosters can only be purchased with gold coins, the purchasable micro transaction currency.

Edit: Of course none of that really matters because the real issue with the game is that it's not balanced for solo players on Normal unless you get certain things. Get the full armor pep booster for 4,000 silver coins and the full health pep booster for 2,500 silver coins. Give the health booster to your AI partner and use the armor booster yourself. Also make sure you leveled up and put points into having a 50% cooldown on your pep booster ability and suddenly the game is easy mode.
Nope, unless there's an entirely separate screen to purchase with gold bars somewhere.

ijFicz3.png

That's the same silver coins you find everywhere and only the silver coins, not the gold bars.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Got level 35. saw a brief message saying bonus upgrade for legacy weapon ? What is that ?

Also, fuck the last boss. Phase 2 is such insane bullshit and shows how poorly this was tested to be played solo with the AI that suddenly becomes USELESS as the arena fucks with everything (can't aggro, can't shoot in the back) and the fucking boss OHKO the entire arena even when I'm behind a fucking giant concrete pillar

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed Crackdown 3 for what it was, and since I don't own a HDR display I won't mind doing another playthrough when I'll get one

But yeah everything else on that list is just plain average to bad (haven't played Days Gone tho)

You forgot Rage 2 also

Holy shit, you're right! I knew I was forgetting something....RAGE 2! I had such high hopes for it, but then didn't even bother buying it.

The year has been EVEN more disastrous than I was saying then haha.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Nope, unless there's an entirely separate screen to purchase with gold bars somewhere.

ijFicz3.png

That's the same silver coins you find everywhere and only the silver coins, not the gold bars.
SNAP! I was meaning to load the game up to double check because I decided to keep it for another night from Red Box to actually play through in quick match and help newbies with the OP pep boosters I have. That's actually nice to know. I remembered seeing some of them had both gold and silver coin purchases but just kinda figured that only the health/armor/silver coin double boosters were gold-only. They seem pretty useless since they only last 10 minutes to be honest though. Like maybe use the health/armor boosters for a Brother boss fight and that's it.

Definitely beeline for the pep boosters though for anyone just getting into this. Those are insanely overpowered. When I realized you can change the pep booster your AI partner has I also realized you can change their cosmetic appearance too which is neat.

This was a fun game but I wish it was better. At the very least it IS "value-priced" but I can't help feeling like the value isn't really there, even at that price. All the ending of the game really did was irritate me because I know they won't be making any DLC for the story and just having the Daily/Weekly challenges for more silver coins.

EDIT: It looks like just the silver coins and XP cant be purchased with silver coins, only the buyable gold bars.

Silver coin x2 Booster
EAhhchOWwAAIOyP

XP x2 Booster
EAhhldiWkAANAcy

Last edited:

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished Brother 1. Level 40, solo. Dude was an absolute cakewalk. All it took was several shots from the Uberhammer and he was down. Getting to him was more of a struggle.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Just finished Brother 1. Level 40, solo. Dude was an absolute cakewalk. All it took was several shots from the Uberhammer and he was down. Getting to him was more of a struggle.
What difficulty are you playing on? Level 40 is pretty up there too for just Brother 1, wow.

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
I still have Gamer's Club Unlocked so I'd like to buy the "physical" Switch version from Best Buy. However, looking at the Best Buy website it appears that the deluxe version is not available online and only limited in stores. Is there a way to buy the standard version then upgrade to deluxe to get the buddy pass?

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
About four hours in on coop and I don't get the over the top negative comments. I have yet to encounter a single mtx, game is fun and challenging, the "it's an rpg now" comments are absurd considering its literally just a skill tree like 8 million other games have and takes up like none of your time.

If you liked the previous games you'll like this. I'm having a fun time and honestly kinda feels like a steal at 30 bucks.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I decided to purchase this. I put in a few hours now and while it feels a bit budget compared to the main series, it's a hell of a lot of fun. The progression systems they have layered on are right up my alley, to be honest, and I'm rather enjoying the setting and characters so far. Soph and Jess are pretty great so far.

The whole thing kind of reminds me of the Raven developed Wolfenstein game from 2009 in a good way.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
What difficulty are you playing on? Level 40 is pretty up there too for just Brother 1, wow.

I'm on normal. Been playing for 23 hours. I've been doing loads of side stuff and trying to find all the collectibles too (which don't need later ability/weapon aid) which has helped get my level up.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still have Gamer's Club Unlocked so I'd like to buy the "physical" Switch version from Best Buy. However, looking at the Best Buy website it appears that the deluxe version is not available online and only limited in stores. Is there a way to buy the standard version then upgrade to deluxe to get the buddy pass?
Consider getting it from Amazon. It's only $32 for the Deluxe edition. The deluxe edition also comes with a Joycon skin in the case.

Last edited:

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
About four hours in on coop and I don't get the over the top negative comments. I have yet to encounter a single mtx, game is fun and challenging, the "it's an rpg now" comments are absurd considering its literally just a skill tree like 8 million other games have and takes up like none of your time.

If you liked the previous games you'll like this. I'm having a fun time and honestly kinda feels like a steal at 30 bucks.

It's a really fun $30 side game in the Wolfenstein franchise.

For me, it benefits from not starting as slowly as Wolf2 did.

The RPG stuff is barely there - just play it like Wolf1 or Wolf2.

I don't get it either.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
SNAP! I was meaning to load the game up to double check because I decided to keep it for another night from Red Box to actually play through in quick match and help newbies with the OP pep boosters I have. That's actually nice to know. I remembered seeing some of them had both gold and silver coin purchases but just kinda figured that only the health/armor/silver coin double boosters were gold-only. They seem pretty useless since they only last 10 minutes to be honest though. Like maybe use the health/armor boosters for a Brother boss fight and that's it.

Definitely beeline for the pep boosters though for anyone just getting into this. Those are insanely overpowered. When I realized you can change the pep booster your AI partner has I also realized you can change their cosmetic appearance too which is neat.

This was a fun game but I wish it was better. At the very least it IS "value-priced" but I can't help feeling like the value isn't really there, even at that price. All the ending of the game really did was irritate me because I know they won't be making any DLC for the story and just having the Daily/Weekly challenges for more silver coins.

EDIT: It looks like just the silver coins and XP cant be purchased with silver coins, only the buyable gold bars.

Silver coin x2 Booster
EAhhchOWwAAIOyP

XP x2 Booster
EAhhldiWkAANAcy
Interesting, those other two are not even present for me.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I'm quite enjoying the level design in this. It actually feels kind of wasted for a co-op game where people just blast though content at max speed. That's why I'm mostly playing alone right now and exploring the environments to find secrets and whatnot.

Can definitely see the Arkane influence in that respect.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Just died right at the end of brother 1 and get sent all the way back to the beginning. Well that's some horseshit. At least I keep my XP, unlocked weapons etc.

That was with the AI that does okay with regular missions but just gave up in brother.

PS went through brother 3 coop with a random last night and that was some fun, we just managed and it took both of us playing well to get it done, satisfaction!

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh this thread is a Rollercoaster earlier today I was ready to write the game off and now the last few posts have me back in

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm on normal. Been playing for 23 hours. I've been doing loads of side stuff and trying to find all the collectibles too (which don't need later ability/weapon aid) which has helped get my level up.
I was level 31 at the credit roll 7 hours in, you're really taking in the experience my man.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I'm quite enjoying the level design in this. It actually feels kind of wasted for a co-op game where people just blast though content at max speed. That's why I'm mostly playing alone right now and exploring the environments to find secrets and whatnot.

Can definitely see the Arkane influence in that respect.

Yeah I'm keeping 2 save files right now, a solo one where I'm exploring the levels very thoroughly and another for co-op

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The audio in the underground sewer sections is horribly fucked. Doesnt matter which section it is. The audio drops out be it music, sound effects, or dialog. It just cuts in and out nonstop. Im on ps4.

Apr 8, 2018
Final boss spoilers
This fight fucking sucks solo. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to fight him with, I'm pretty much completely out of ammo by the time I even get to him, the turrets up top take forever because he never turns his back on them so I can hit his jet pack, and even if I finish that part I still have to fight him again, and I still have basically no ammo. They introduced the godhand mechanic, but I can't catch lasers, so it's totally worthless at the end.
I'm on the same boat and it really fucking sucks. I tried to beat him about a dozen times now and I also have little to no ammo available plus only one shared life. I'm doing this on fucking Casual difficulty too, like I don't even wanna know what it feels like to solo this on Challenging difficulty.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I would love Sophie and Jess to star in a (much) better Wolfenstein together, but I know it's not going to happen.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Way too much backtracking in this game.
Do some random fetch quest then come back to HQ to claim your reward and fight the same respawning enemies over and over again. I wish we can just fast track after completing a mission.

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the Best Buys around my area are out of the Switch "physical" edition (and almost out of the deluxe). Curious to know how many took the plunge on opening weekend.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
This year is the biggest disappointment of the entire generation for AAA Western games (the games I like). All of the following are major disappointments for this year already:
- Anthem
- Far Cry New Dawn
- Wolfenstein Young Blood
- Crackdown 3
- Days Gone

Ouch!

Slight disappointments:
- Metro Exodus
- The Division 2

Honestly, not a single game has been what I would consider great. Brutally bad year.
Day's Gone is good and I had fun with Crackdown 3

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

it's not an rpg. And no one is saying that. People are saying that it has superficial rpg elements, which it does. They serve little to no purpose to the enjoyment. They only exist to extend the lenght of the game.

- The enemies are more spongey than in TNO and TNC.
- The leveling is basically pointless 2% stat boost, and all enemies level with you. The only purpose they serve is to prevent you from immediately doing the brother raids after the first mission, because that way the game could be finished under 5 hours.
- This is a VERY fast paced shooter at its core, yet you're constantly collecting coins and constantly open the menu to distribute skill points and buy upgrades. Just because "8 million other games have it", it doesn't mean that a Wolfenstein game should have it. If anything, Wolf TNO/TNC was refreshing in the sea of rpg-lite games.
- The open world is tiny, and they crammed in dozens of side missions into it to try and make the game feel way bigger than it is. Once you've done 3 of them, you've basically done all. Constantly revisiting the same locations and killing the same enemies over and over again just to have something slightly different to fetch or someone different to kill is not particularly exciting.

And then there's the story which, frankly, outside of 2 good cutscenes might as well not exist. But what's even funnier is that even the story missions are just constant repeats of eachother, though at least the locations are different.

So no. This is definitely not a game that everyone that liked the previous Wolf reboot games can enjoy. In many ways it's the exact opposite of that. Instead of being a well paced, narrative heavy, linear shooter, it's now a bloated, open world-ish, story-light shooter that makes sure to remind you to open up your menu screen to upgrade your character and weapons every 5 minutes.

Even compared to the Old Blood (which by the way was cheaper) this feels underwhelming. TOB was at least structured like a normal Wolf game, and it was 5 hours of that, with new maps in each mission rather than running through the same stupid checkpoint 10 times. If youngblood didn't have coop, it'd be complete trashfire.

And as a sidenote, I did enjoy the twins banter, but they are not anywhere near as good as BJ's inner monologues. This game really highlights just how magnificent those are, with how much I missed them. I don't think I want a Wolf game without BJ as the player character anymore.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
it's not an rpg. And no one is saying that. People are saying that it has superficial rpg elements, which it does. They serve little to no purpose to the enjoyment. They only exist to extend the lenght of the game.

- The enemies are more spongey than in TNO and TNC.
- The leveling is basically pointless 2% stat boost, and all enemies level with you. The only purpose they serve is to prevent you from immediately doing the brother raids after the first mission, because that way the game could be finished under 5 hours.
- This is a VERY fast paced shooter at its core, yet you're constantly collecting coins and constantly open the menu to distribute skill points and buy upgrades. Just because "8 million other games have it", it doesn't mean that a Wolfenstein game should have it. If anything, Wolf TNO/TNC was refreshing in the sea of rpg-lite games.
- The open world is tiny, and they crammed in dozens of side missions into it to try and make the game feel way bigger than it is. Once you've done 3 of them, you've basically done all. Constantly revisiting the same locations and killing the same enemies over and over again just to have something slightly different to fetch or someone different to kill is not particularly exciting.

And then there's the story which, frankly, outside of 2 good cutscenes might as well not exist. But what's even funnier is that even the story missions are just constant repeats of eachother, though at least the locations are different.

So no. This is definitely not a game that everyone that liked the previous Wolf reboot games can enjoy. In many ways it's the exact opposite of that. Instead of being a well paced, narrative heavy, linear shooter, it's now a bloated, open world-ish, story-light shooter that makes sure to remind you to open up your menu screen to upgrade your character and weapons every 5 minutes.

Even compared to the Old Blood (which by the way was cheaper) this feels underwhelming. TOB was at least structured like a normal Wolf game, and it was 5 hours of that, with new maps in each mission rather than running through the same stupid checkpoint 10 times. If youngblood didn't have coop, it'd be complete trashfire.

And as a sidenote, I did enjoy the twins banter, but they are not anywhere near as good as BJ's inner monologues. This game really highlights just how magnificent those are, with how much I missed them. I don't think I want a Wolf game without BJ as the player character anymore.
I just don't understand how they went with the nearly perfect New Order and Old Blood....to this in one generation.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I swear to God. I climb to the top of brother 2 and my power strip resets and i lose power. So I have to start the mission back in the parking garage. I climb back up to the top of the damn tower and I get an error in the system software and get booted back to the xmb. I'm so mad right now that I have to play this mission a third fucking time from the beginning cause no checkpoints.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Way too much backtracking in this game.
Do some random fetch quest then come back to HQ to claim your reward and fight the same respawning enemies over and over again. I wish we can just fast track after completing a mission.

I mean... you can? For going back to HQ at least.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Besides the ContraNetwork video that was posted earlier in this thread, has anyone here played the Switch version of this? Just curious what the consensus is.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
I paid 30 dollars for the deluxe version and just played with my friend for 3 hours straight. Once we got into the grove, it definitely got fun. I'm enjoying it and I don't feel the micro transaction pressure at all. More just motivations to explore and replay so you can unlock cool stuff. Definitely will keep playing.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Played this a bunch tonight with a friend and...woof, man. I don't know if I can keep playing it

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
I got to level 22 already killed Brother 3 early I guess? without ever leveling up my character.

Just focused on leveling weapons and doing stealth kills which is way easier than TNC.

Overall Im really enjoying the game, just wish I had better co-op partners. AI does it's job but the randoms I've gotten all seem to just stand around and get killed.