• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Terror Twin will you play as?

• Jess

Votes: 277 71.8%
  • Soph

Votes: 159 41.2%

• Total voters

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
My next purchase, really looking forward to it. Not sure who I will play as at the moment, also hoping I like it more than the add-on The Old Blood. That had a slow, frustrating stealth opening and the last boss was quite infuriating.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Trophy list is out. Seems there is no difficulty related trophies for once...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9408-wolfenstein-youngblood
Yeah, Mein Leiben from TNC was honestly bullshit so I'm glad they came out and said they weren't gonna do any more difficulty achievements before the game even came out, lol.

Super neat OT! Thank you AgentStrange and vestan

I'll preload today! More Wolfenstein is always goood
Thanks, man! Appreciated!

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017

I don't really care if it's with or w/o swastikas but what about audio? Is everything translated and you won't even be able to select the original synchronisation? Asking re: the Steam version specifically... do you know anything about that? The Steam page doesn't offer much information.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Eight! I liked the game. While level design was kinda wonky, I quite enjoyed the story.

Nein! Nine! I also loved TNC. The gameplay wasn't quite as pure as TNO (especially after Doom2016), but the story was great, I loved the characters, and things picked up once B.J.
ditched his old body.

Raring to go for Youngblood, over here.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
I loved it! Set it on the lowest difficulty and had a blast eviscerating Nazis for 20 hours. The story was super fun, the locations felt really neat and varied and the atmosphere that Machine Games create is the best in the industry!
The game is definitely fun on easy. TNO however was fun no matter what difficulty you played on, the difficulty just altered what playstyle was more effective.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Because they worked on the censored version for a very long time and the official approval to publish the uncensored version came in late / last minute. They don't have a combination (uncensored and translated) ready in time. So they are releasing the game on disc cut and uncut in Germany, with the uncut version only available from selected sellers (like amazon). Unfortunately on Xbox (don't know about Playstation) they can't offer 2 different version of one game for one country. So they decided to publish the translated cut version in Germany in the Xbox store.

Uuugh... okay, got it.
Hopefully stuff like this won't happen in the future.

Thanks!

Apr 8, 2018
So I've been thinking about getting the Deluxe Edition now. Do you guys think anyone that hasn't played any of the new Wolfenstein games would still have fun/get enjoyment out of this?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Any impressions on the gameplay? That's what felt so sloppy in TNC. The magic enemy bullets from across the map, no hit indicators, the unfun unfair feeling encounters.

Nov 6, 2017
but what about audio? Is everything translated and you won't even be able to select the original synchronisation?
German version -> Only German text & voice. Nothing else.
If you want the original synchronisation you need to buy the international / uncensored version, but this version has no German text & voice.

Asking re: the Steam version specifically... [...] The Steam page doesn't offer much information.
If you look at the language infos it's quite clear:
Steam German Version -> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1057810/Wolfenstein_Youngblood_Deutsche_Version/
SSrsXXE.jpg

Steam International Version -> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1056960/Wolfenstein_Youngblood_International_Version/
DcTr5gc.jpg

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I don't really care if it's with or w/o swastikas but what about audio? Is everything translated and you won't even be able to select the original synchronisation? Asking re: the Steam version specifically... do you know anything about that? The Steam page doesn't offer much information.
was this part in my post not clear enough? :)

So it looks like this:
"German version" = German language only, no Nazi symbols, otherwise uncensored/uncut
"International version" = All languages except for German, original version with all content intact, including Nazi symbols.

I mean, I even bolded the important words...

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
German version -> Only German text & voice. Nothing else.
If you want the original synchronisation you need to buy the international / uncensored version, but this version has no German text & voice.

If you look at the language infos it's quite clear:
Steam German Version -> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1057810/Wolfenstein_Youngblood_Deutsche_Version/
SSrsXXE.jpg

Steam International Version -> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1056960/Wolfenstein_Youngblood_International_Version/
DcTr5gc.jpg
was this part in my post not clear enough? :)

I mean, I even bolded the important words...

Thanks for clearing this up. You explained it perfectly fine, I somehow thought this would only concern the XBOX version...

It even looks like you can buy the international version via Steam in Germany. Did they change the legal framework that you're now allowed to show the symbols? Until now, games either had to remove them or were immediately added to the index...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for clearing this up. You explained it perfectly fine, I somehow thought this would only concern the XBOX version...

It even looks like you can buy the international version via Steam in Germany. Did they change the legal framework that you're now allowed to show the symbols? Until now, games either had to remove them or were immediately added to the index...
Yeah that was a fairly recent change in Germany that games no longer have to hide the nazi stuff.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

My post even has a link to the news article discussing that ... :D

Are you sure you're not currently melting in one of those heatwaves going around? :D

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So I just purchased a new GPU (building a new PC) and it came with Wolfenstein Youngblood and Control.
I loved Prey (the last Arkane Studios game I played) and I played the first of the new Wolfenstein games (The New Order) - but never played The Old Blood or The New Colossus.

So my question to people is do I need to play either of those? Or can I jump into Youngblood all fine? Is there anything I should know about this game (I know next to nothing outside of this awesome OT).

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So my question to people is do I need to play either of those? Or can I jump into Youngblood all fine?
You can jump into Youngblood, it's a self-contained story and takes place 19 years after The New Colossus. The events of The New Colossus have no real connection to Youngblood aside from America being liberated after what you did in The New Colossus.

There's nothing you really *need* to know other than basic stuff like the twins being BJ's daughters and that even in the 80s, the Nazis still have massive control over Europe. Honestly, it's the perfect jumping in point if you really want to get into the nu-Wolfenstein series. If you like Youngblood, you'll probably end up checking out The New Colossus too.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
Can't wait, more Wolfenstein is always welcome! This weekend i'll be stabbing, shooting killing nazis, just like papa!!!!

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I never played a game that was set up for coop that was a great single player experience as well, so I am keeping my expectations low.
I love wolfenstein and also enjoyed the new colossus, but I expect this to be the worst single player experience of them. still looking forward to it.

Nov 23, 2017
I never played a game that was set up for coop that was a great single player experience as well, so I am keeping my expectations low.
I love wolfenstein and also enjoyed the new colossus, but I expect this to be the worst single player experience of them. still looking forward to it.
Halo or gears? Lost planet? Plenty of co op games that don't suffer from that.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Nein! Nine! I also loved TNC. The gameplay wasn't quite as pure as TNO (especially after Doom2016), but the story was great, I loved the characters, and things picked up once B.J.
ditched his old body.

Raring to go for Youngblood, over here.

Count me in here. I almost posted about it in the Unpopular Positive Opinions thread. I bounced off the early sections of the game several times but buckled down and played through it last month and I was all in after the moment you mentioned in the spoiler.