• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Terror Twin will you play as?

• Jess

Votes: 277 71.8%
  • Soph

Votes: 159 41.2%

• Total voters

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm one of like six people in this world who liked TNC. 🤷‍♂️
Nah, I still liked it a lot. I did end up playing it on a lower difficulty because I found it kind of tough, but I'm more in it for the story/characters and just blasting away Nazis, so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Nov 8, 2017

I liked it too. Oddly it was the story/characters I preferred in TNO, not the gameplay (except for stealth where I preferred bad-but-easy stealth to bad-and-hard stealth). Clearly a lot of people did like it, and critics in particular, but it has one of the worst reputations for a game I've ever seen on era.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
At least at the moment it's impossible for the people to notice at all. The uncensored version is not up for sale / preorder in the German store and the game is released in a few days.

Edit: According to BethesdaGermany this will not change. Only the German version will be aviable digital in the German Xbox store. They blame technical reasons for that.

Oh that's disappointing. Guess I'll have to go for a physical release then.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I really liked TNC, but it didn't jump over the extremely high bar TNO has set. I still don't get the hate for it.

Will there be a PC performance thread, by any chance? Also, if I get the Deluxe Edition on Steam, is the extra copy a full key/gift copy or does my friend have to download a special client like EA did it with No Way Out?

eddy

Oct 25, 2017

I enjoyed it, for the most part. Some obvious difficulty spikes[0] that shouldn't have been there, and I never went back and ran those assassination missions or anything.

[0] Someone I know who played the PS4 version pretty much gave up at 'courtroom' due to the difficulty spike, so that was a real problem.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know it had Co-Op.

That alongside the 30 euro pricepoint just made it day one for me

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Day 1 for me...and I''m doing the crazy thing and picking it up for the Switch. I just want a decent shooter to play on the go and looks like the timng is great.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Just like Rage 2, Bethesda blocked this game in my region in Steam but I can buy it from their store ...

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda really needs to stop their dumb review policies, I would very much like to read reviews of this before it releases.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
Can't wait to play this with a friend, pre-ordered the PC version with a steelbook.

Other games might wait, but this one cannot, the message to the devs must be loud and clear - we want more Wolfenstein.

Tony

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone is wondering, I emailed Bethesda support to ask about upgrading to deluxe from the base version (if you got it from the RTX promo specifically) and they replied that no, it will not be possible. Bummer, but can't complain since the game was free anyway. Still super excited and maybe the $30 price tag will help me convince a friend or two to pick it up.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I really hope this turns out well because me and my bro are planning on playing through the story in co op. The trailer looked great but wtf is up with the lack of marketing? It's almost like they want this one to fail, which of course isn't the case but seriously wtf?

At least the Bethesda Netherlands Facebook page is posting about it though.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I really hope this turns out well because me and my bro are planning on playing through the story in co op. The trailer looked great but wtf is up with the lack of marketing? It's almost like they want this one to fail, which of course isn't the case but seriously wtf?

At least the Bethesda Netherlands Facebook page is posting about it though.

Was there much marketing for the previous games? I don't have cable so I don't know. But also this is a "spin-off" side story game. They aren't going to put as much behind that than a full-fledged game.

I loved TNO, I liked TNC. I'm waiting on reviews before I grab this one, not that I expect it to be bad, I just want to make sure that Machine Games still has "it".

What about TOB?

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I will be getting this in two weekends. I liked both of the previous games.

I might have to convince a friend to get it with me so I can play co-op.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Was there much marketing for the previous games? I don't have cable so I don't know. But also this is a "spin-off" side story game. They aren't going to put as much behind that than a full-fledged game.

What about TOB?

Hmm I do recall some marketing for Wolfenstein 1 and 2 yeah.

On the other hand, Bethesda barely marketed Prey and I'm not sure about Dishonored 1 and 2 either.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
At least at the moment it's impossible for the people to notice at all. The uncensored version is not up for sale / preorder in the German store and the game is released in a few days.

Edit: According to BethesdaGermany this will not change. Only the German version will be aviable digital in the German Xbox store. They blame technical reasons for that.

Häh? I don't get it. I thought the German version would be uncensored. Why is there a need for two digital versions in the store?

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Day 1 for me...and I''m doing the crazy thing and picking it up for the Switch. I just want a decent shooter to play on the go and looks like the timng is great.
I'm in the same boat. I played all other Wolfensteins on PS4 due to being in Germany. But thinking about the noise my Pro makes during the summer I'd much rather play Handheld sitting on my balcony.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Häh? I don't get it. I thought the German version would be uncensored. Why is there a need for two digital versions in the store?
->
Well yea, there has to be some sort of content difference to explain the two different SKUs available for purchase. There are no Nazi symbols/swastikas in the German version, still. Those are found only in the distinctly labeled "international version" which is what everyone else gets anyway.

So it looks like this:
"German version" = German language only, no Nazi symbols, otherwise uncensored/uncut
"International version" = All languages except for German, original version with all content intact, including Nazi symbols.

Now it would just be lovely if Bethesda would shell out and get the past games re-rated under this revised law.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it, for the most part. Some obvious difficulty spikes[0] that shouldn't have been there, and I never went back and ran those assassination missions or anything.

[0] Someone I know who played the PS4 version pretty much gave up at 'courtroom' due to the difficulty spike, so that was a real problem.

Yeah that courtroom was fucking brutal. It took me almost 20 attempts on normal difficulty. Yeah if those rpg elements like health bars and level gating ruin the feel of shooting nazis in wolfenstein by making them bullet sponges due to an arbitrary number, then im out. That shit ruined far cry and its the reason shooting in the division sucks

Last edited:

Capt_Shanu

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing work on the OT. You sold me on the game. Especially the info that Arkane was involved. Would love some more Dishonored. Preordered on Steam.

And thanks for introducing me to Carpenter Brut. I just found the sound track to my next Starfinder session.

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this, everything i've heard seems to indicate that they fixed most of the issues I had with encounter design and mechanics from TNC.

Nov 6, 2017
I thought the German version would be uncensored. Why is there a need for two digital versions in the store?
Because they worked on the censored version for a very long time and the official approval to publish the uncensored version came in late / last minute. They don't have a combination (uncensored and translated) ready in time. So they are releasing the game on disc cut and uncut in Germany, with the uncut version only available from selected sellers (like amazon). Unfortunately on Xbox (don't know about Playstation) they can't offer 2 different version of one game for one country. So they decided to publish the translated cut version in Germany in the Xbox store.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
So does this have the content of a $60 game or are they purposely selling it this low price point because of the smaller dev cycle and limited marketing?

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So does this have the content of a $60 game or are they purposely selling it this low price point because of the smaller dev cycle and limited marketing?
Well I got TNC on launch day for 30 bucks.

But I expect it's got lower production values and also it has microtransactions

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Great OT, excellent work.

Pretty big Wolfenstein series fan (not much of a fan of 09 though, but RTCW is easily one of my favorite games of all time), so I'll probably be picking this up. I hope the hit feedback is improved over TNC.

Now whether to pick this up solo for my X and 4K goodness, or Switch for some potential co-op possibilities. I wish there was more Switch footage out there so I'd be able to make my decision before reviews/launch.
I too got curious to see it and found this. Having gone through about 75% of Wolf II on Switch, this looks....better somehow? Maybe it's because it's a smaller game but I'm really impressed by it.