• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Terror Twin will you play as?

• Jess

Votes: 277 71.8%
  • Soph

Votes: 159 41.2%

• Total voters

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
f5cdcI6.gif

rsKwqi9.png

GjDX5d2.png

gsCFiv3.gif

sBQz3ed.gif
zR4lrHl.png

pJfsifR.gif

8FTDtxZ.png

3apoul7.png

jYKKOGQ.png

FMH4Xmq.png

FGx563p.png

ley8tUf.png

xO6Mr6i.png

W9xeJEW.png
phIQj5l.png

qprxHJD.png

XjZHj88.gif

kBiG9aF.png

aNkX3E2.png

a4BCFJk.png

dLn4Dog.png

CRMQrcc.png

dVxQPYx.png

smZTXiQ.png

DQh9SnT.png

HXqGqSC.png

xCGbkRZ.png

qXbk1Ii.png

rcgBree.png

tuv2q63.jpg

um0Ueg7.jpg

CSqD9RU.jpg

p0LLFhq.jpg

F0gCemJ.jpg

UUcO6pC.jpg

A3dnjQT.jpg

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Had a lot of fun making this OT with AgentStrange and working on the graphics/GIFs. I've been following this game's pre-release closely but I know that isn't the case with a lot of you so here's some general things to know
  • PC version comes out a day before globally (July 25) which is why the OT is going up a bit earlier than expected (Bethesda just tweeted this out like an hour ago)
  • Mick Gordon isn't working on the OST because he's too busy with DOOM Eternal. Martin Stig Anderson (who worked on TNC) and Tom Salta are composers for Youngblood.
  • Switch version is launching day and date with the other versions
  • Buddy Pass players can join co-op games with other players however, they will not receive achievements or trophies
  • MachineGames have stated that this game is going to differ from the previous entries by being a lot more open-ended as opposed to being another corridor-shooters. This means providing players with multiple methods of reaching their objectives and larger levels. Arkane Lyon were specifically brought onto develop the levels for this game and MachineGames have explicitly described the game's level design as 'Dishonored-like'
  • There's less emphasis placed on the story in this game due to the open-ended structure. MachineGames have stated that you'll be spending more time in gameplay than out unlike Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • There will be RPG elements, you can level up, explore Paris freely and tacke missions in any order you want to unlock new tag team abilities, gadgets, weapon attachments, cosmetics and more.
  • If you play in Co-Op, you can buff your teammate with a 'pep signal'.
  • Each player has multiple lives. If you're downed and not revived, you lose one. If one player loses all their lives, it's game over. Extra lives can be found throughout the level
  • Mein Lebel (perma-death) difficulty will not be included in Youngblood, which will make life easier for achievement hunters as MachineGames tied an achievement to completing this mod in Wolfenstein II which was extremely difficult
  • Things like dual-wielding and dashing are now skills that you have to unlock through the various skill trees each character has
  • Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot will have its own story set before the events of Youngblood.
  • For the first time in series history, the German version of the game will be uncensored
Resero Network's preview video on Wolfenstein: Youngblood is really good imo. They go over a lot on what the game is and it showcases some of the new levels.

Last edited:

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
I'm excited to play through this with a friend. I love the deluxe edition / buddy pass system. It turns the game into a fantastic value when split with said friend.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
think i'm in for this day 1 given the coop and the reduced price. Gonna hit this with my brother. "Lighter story" doesn't really dissuad me - I loved the other games but there was a lot of story, and it makes sense with the coop

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder how long it'll take for raytracing to get patched in. Guess its worth doing a non-RT playthrough to get a good feel for how it looks before switching to it, though.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up for free with my 2070S, hopefully it's not too far past launch that raytracing support is added.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Despite some of the concerning talk in E3 previews about enemies being more spongy than before, thanks to an influx of armor, I'm still down for more Wolfenstein.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Fantastic OT! Incredibly excited for this, I know some people were a bit down on Wolfenstein II but I personally loved it, nearly as much as the first. Really excited to see the level design in this game with Arkane's influence.

Apr 8, 2018
Great OT!

I quite enjoyed TNC and I'm digging the setting/vibe this one has. Really curious to see how this reviews. Any word on when the review embargo will be lifted?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Fuck yeah. Love me some more Wolfenstein, The New Order and Colosus were both super fun and often hilarious. Looking forward to see what they do with this.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing OT! Wow!

So pumped to jump into this, I've had it preordered for a few months now! Nazi killing hype!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Amazing OT!

Hating all of the RPG-lite shit here but excited for everything else. I would ask if we were getting a Cyberpilot OT too but you'd barely have three sentences to put in it, Bethesda seems hellbent on pretending that it doesn't even exist.

In any case, the better half and I are going to run
through this on Switch on launch day and then I'll be doing a replay on PC as the first game on my new ultrawide monitor that's coming in next week. Dying to hop in.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Why is it not full price?
And what can we expect content wise?
Because it's more like an expansion that got separated from the original game (Wolfenstein 2 in this case). It'll be shorter than that was, but given that it's open world with side missions and stuff you can probably end up spending just as much time in there. I believe they said it'll be 25-30 hours to see and do absolutely everything.

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
Because it's more like an expansion that got separated from the original game (Wolfenstein 2 in this case). It'll be shorter than that was, but given that it's open world with side missions and stuff you can probably end up spending just as much time in there. I believe they said it'll be 25-30 hours to see and do absolutely everything.
I see. Thank you

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
  • For the first time in series history, the German version of the game will be uncensored

Also worth noting that for the first time ever, you're able to buy either a German version which has German audio OR an "international version" without German audio but all the other languages, such as English. About damn time.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Great OT vestan AgentStrange !
Nice surprise that some get to play on Thursday already.

For the first time in series history, the German version of the game will be uncensored
Also worth noting that for the first time ever, you're able to buy either a German version which has German audio OR an "international version" without German audio but all the other languages, such as English. About damn time.
Isn't the German version still censored though? I think there wasn't enough time to undo all the censoring before release.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
How should i know which sister am I going to pick? They werent able to differentiate them aside from looks. Come to that, with campaign being so long, they sure showed too close to nothing... I mean, does Bethesda really want all their games except for tes and fallout to bomb or wtf?

Save singleplayer my ass. No one knows this game is coming lol.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Great OT vestan AgentStrange !
Nice surprise that some get to play on Thursday already.
Isn't the German version still censored though? I think there wasn't enough time to undo all the censoring before release.
Well yea, there has to be some sort of content difference to explain the two different SKUs available for purchase. There are no Nazi symbols/swastikas in the German version, still. Those are found only in the distinctly labeled "international version" which is what everyone else gets anyway.

So it looks like this:
"German version" = German language only, no Nazi symbols, otherwise uncensored/uncut
"International version" = All languages except for German, original version with all content intact, including Nazi symbols.

Now it would just be lovely if Bethesda would shell out and get the past games re-rated under this revised law.
How should i know which sister am I going to pick? They werent able to differentiate them aside from looks.
read the OP :)

Nov 8, 2017
So the Steam version is like a uPlay title where it will need both launchers? Rage 2 wasn't like that so it's disappointing if so. Hopefully they just meant that it uses the Beth multiplayer servers as opposed to a steam works backed?

Would be interested to see where they made the statement.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it a little early for the OT? I nearly thought it was coming out on Tuesday when I saw this thread.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Day 1 for me as well. My first playthrough will be as Jess. If the playstyles are different enough I'll do a 2nd playthrough with the other sister.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
There's a weird rumor I heard that this actually takes place after a supposed Wolfenstein 3 ? Anybody know anything about that?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
There's a weird rumor I heard that this actually takes place after a supposed Wolfenstein 3 ? Anybody know anything about that?
I don't think they ever actually confirmed that. It would be really bunk if the nazis aren't actually defeated in Wolf 3, leading to them controlling the whole world minus America in Youngblood. 3's gotta be Old Man BJ vs Extremely Decrepit Hitler Brain in a Mech Suit.

Regardless, I'm sure there will be some stinger or tease or something relating to the next full game. If development was running concurrently on it with Youngblood, that thing should be out next year some time, but I'm not sure if this was a separate team at MachineGames or if they hadn't started Wolf 3 development in full to be able to make this.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really need a game right now (replaying Borderlands 2), but I'll grab it this week to support the franchise and devs.