• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I got it as an email from the retailer.

I bought the PC version from Green Man Gaming and didn't get a code. Usually have had good luck with preorder bonus stuff from them, while saving a few bucks (not CDKeys savings, but..).

Edit: I got the deluxe version, so I guess it's built in there. No clue how to access it though.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the pre-order DLC, I'm guessing it's just a preview/epilogue to the DLC being sold as a Season Pass? Couldn't find a good explanation of what it actually is on the PSN store.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big fan of The New Order. It's one of my all time favs. New Colossus though...is something else. Something better.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Playing on a PS4 Pro. It looks great. Intro was something else. I'm probably a couple of hours in.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys is my game broken or am I not seeing what to do like

Involves opening a hatch on the floor. Like?????????????????

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
I feel sorry for the game to be released along with Mario Odyssey and Assassins Creed Origins. I'm sure more people would buy it if it was released earlier or slightly later. I hope it sells well though and we'll get a Wolfenstein III along the road.

Edit: Just saw a picture Wario64 posted and it seems to confirm what I just wrote. There are hardly any Wolfenstein pre-orders whereas Mario seems to dominate.

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help like for real what the fuck is going on? I've covered every inch of this space and can't find anything?

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
So I could only play 5 minutes but oddly enough I'm seeing triangles on the characters. Is this a graphical bug or is it because my 970 is old now?

Gonna see if I can get a picture of it later today

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I'm playing on the highest difficulty and have about 6 and a half hours and just started the 6th mission. Taking my time, exploring, and so on.

I'm the rare person enjoying it much less than the first game so far tho.

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to feel like there's a conspiracy because people are ignoring my posts

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
1.5 hour impressions:

Gameplay is fast paced, great feeling guns, largely linear, nice set pieces. Surprised how long the in-game cutscenes are. Much, much more flashy & polished than last Wolfs.

Fantastic graphics. No technical problems at all on my PC. 1080p 60fps no drops absolute max settings except super sampling and no deferred rendering (1070).

Oh yeah and the music is really really good.

Also annoyed that the game will not let me take screenshots with Shadowplay nor Steam... maybe I should check if there's a hotkey right in the game.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for 15 hrs. 6 hours for real?? geeez

anybody else beat it yet and can give some numbers?
6 hours definitely seems like a fast run though. It's probably like TNO that way. I replayed that before this and on easy and it was only 4 hours. But on my main playthroughs on a higher difficulty and being exceedingly thorough it was more like 14 hours.

I'm about 5 hours into this on normal difficulty (which is definitely too easy but that's what future replays are for) and I'm certainly not almost finished. At least I presume I'm no where near done with it. I just got up to the point covered in the E3 trailer (milkshake in the diner).

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I played it for a few hours now and I'm really enjoying it. The beginning is really something. The gameplay is fun and fast like you would expect. I'm enjoying the guns so far and the energy weapons have some cool effects. The writing and acting are also really fantastic as well so far. It's definitely a game that does not hold back at all.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
HOLY SHIT!
I will never be able to play through the game.
Not for technical reasons, though. Purely for story-related reasons that happen in the intro that don't even involve Nazis.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
1.5 hour impressions:

Gameplay is fast paced, great feeling guns, largely linear, nice set pieces. Surprised how long the in-game cutscenes are. Much, much more flashy & polished than last Wolfs.

Fantastic graphics. No technical problems at all on my PC. 1080p 60fps no drops absolute max settings except super sampling and no deferred rendering (1070).

Oh yeah and the music is really really good.

Also annoyed that the game will not let me take screenshots with Shadowplay nor Steam... maybe I should check if there's a hotkey right in the game.

What are you doing for V-Sync? I'm getting a lot of tearing. I've tried both Fullscreen and Borderless window but when I set Vsync on everything locks up.

I agree that the screenshot functionality is a bummer. No Steam Overlay and the nvidia share stuff is buggy.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
HOLY SHIT!
I will never be able to play through the game.
Not for technical reasons, though. Purely for ethical reasons that happen in the intro that don't even involve Nazis.

Are you talking about the flashback as a kid and
killing the dog?
. You can
aim to the side and miss and then the dad will just shoot it. I actually haven't tried hitting the dog :(

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
What are you doing for V-Sync? I'm getting a lot of tearing. I've tried both Fullscreen and Borderless window but when I set Vsync on everything locks up.

I agree that the screenshot functionality is a bummer. No Steam Overlay and the nvidia share stuff is buggy.

I just have V sync on in in-game settings. Zero problems with tearing. Regular fullscreen. I don't use any special apps nor driver settings for vsync or fullscreen. Before the game was unlocked I did a (driver cleaner) clean install of Nvidia driver ver 388.00 (not 388.10).

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I just have V sync on in in-game settings. Zero problems with tearing. Regular fullscreen. I don't use any special apps nor driver settings for vsync or fullscreen. Before the game was unlocked I did a (driver cleaner) clean install of Nvidia driver ver 388.00 (not 388.10).

Bleh, why does mine lock up when I set V-Sync on :( I'll just have to see if anyone else has the problem and finds a workaround tomorrow.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Are you talking about the flashback as a kid and
killing the dog?
. You can
aim to the side and miss and then the dad will just shoot it. I actually haven't tried hitting the dog :(
Yes, I was talking about that.
Thanks for telling me that
I at least don't have to take responsibility.

EDIT: Seems like ALT+Tabbing out of the game makes it freeze. Had to close it, but if that's the only bug I encounter then that's fine.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Bleh, why does mine lock up when I set V-Sync on :( I'll just have to see if anyone else has the problem and finds a workaround tomorrow.

Someone else said they had an issue with the game not saving settings. When you check your settings has it changed from the default to saying vsync 'on' (rather than 'fast' or whatever it starts with)?

Also you haven't installed any overlays or anything? I'm on the latest version of Win 10... evga 1070 with a recent (latest?) bios...

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
My Pro gets a bit loud in some games. The worst I had heard it before was the Nioh blacksmith.

I have never heard my Pro make as much noise as this game does. It is absolutely ridiculous how loud the fans are when I play it.

I had listened before to some YouTubes of people complaining that they had loud Pros to compare to how loud mine was, and they were much louder than mine playing the same games.

This is a whole other level. It actually does sound like a jet turbine. I always thought that was an exaggeration, but here I am. Actually, it sounds more like a dustbuster.

It's only with this game though. Just played AC:O and Horizon and my fans only revved up on a little. Wolfenstein makes it so loud I'm afraid my console is actually getting damaged.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Okay, I solved most of my issues with the Borderless Gaming program: set Wolf to a window, apply the borderless gaming and now Alt-Tabbing is not a problem, Nvidia Share seems to be working, and the tearing is gone. Yay.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
My Pro gets a bit loud in some games. The worst I had heard it before was the Nioh blacksmith.

I have never heard my Pro make as much noise as this game does. It is absolutely ridiculous how loud the fans are when I play it.

I had listened before to some YouTubes of people complaining that they had loud Pros to compare to how loud mine was, and they were much louder than mine playing the same games.

This is a whole other level. It actually does sound like a jet turbine. I always thought that was an exaggeration, but here I am. Actually, it sounds more like a dustbuster.

It's only with this game though. Just played AC:O and Horizon and my fans only revved up on a little. Wolfenstein makes it so loud I'm afraid my console is actually getting damaged.

Do you play it with a disc or digital version?

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
32 hours for a 6GB patch. Guess I won't be playing this tonight after all. I hate Day 1 patches.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Played the first full mission. LOVING IT.

I keep getting a white line on the right side of my screen though and its bugging me. (Xbox)

Casper

Oct 25, 2017

That was something I noticed as well. Also digital. Mine has never been loud at all. It will ramp up sometimes when I first put a new game on, but rarely for long. This is full blast. Happy it's not unique to me I guess.