• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
Several hours in and loving it. It's not really all the different from The New Order structurally but they've so clearly been given a bigger budget and more freedom with their writing and sense of humor. Visuals, design, combat all feels improved on TNO. Story and character work is as wonderful as the first.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question if someone might know... I am normally a Sony guy and sometimes a PC guy, but soon to have an Xbox One X in the mix too....
About the Xbox Play Anywhere thing... It says buy on Xbox or on the Microsoft Store to be able to play on pc or xbox one...
Does that mean I have to get it digitally?
If so cool enough, otherwise I was going to wait for the Target sale next week

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just looking at the achievements/trophies...yeah, I don't think a lot of people will be getting 100% on this one.

One in particular looks brutally difficult.

Nothing stuck out to me as seemingly hugely difficult, especially if the difficulty level is the same as the first. Which one did you have in mind?

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Question if someone might know... I am normally a Sony guy and sometimes a PC guy, but soon to have an Xbox One X in the mix too....
About the Xbox Play Anywhere thing... It says buy on Xbox or on the Microsoft Store to be able to play on pc or xbox one...
Does that mean I have to get it digitally?
If so cool enough, otherwise I was going to wait for the Target sale next week

Play Anywhere can only be used if purchased digitally.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing stuck out to me as seemingly hugely difficult, especially if the difficulty level is the same as the first. Which one did you have in mind?

Beat the game on "Mein leben" difficulty. No checkpoints, no saves, permadeath. Basically, you have to beat the game on the hardest difficulty in one sitting without dying.

EDIT: Beaten. Damn, these spoiler tags are nifty!

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I am a child. I am immature and I have no self-control, respect, or discipline. Please send help.

J3g8OhP.jpg

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game on "Mein leben" difficulty. No checkpoints, no saves, permadeath. Basically, you have to beat the game on the hardest difficulty in one sitting without dying.

EDIT: Beaten. Damn, these spoiler tags are nifty!

Probably talking about the permadeath mode. No saving/you have to do it in one sitting.

Oh shit, didn't know about that. Yeah no way I can get the Plat unless that mode is baby first FPS level of difficulty lol

Last edited:

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
While I wait for the game to launch here I have a question.

I bought the game on CDKeys a few weeks ago, the page said it had the pre-order bonuses, but now the page doesn't say anything about it. The key that I activated doesn't say anything about being pre-order, just the name of the game. Does that means that I will not have Episode Zero until I get the Season Pass?

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
Is Steam unlock midnight EST as usual?

Yeah, but you can use a VPN to unlock early if you want. Via JaseC and the PC Performance thread:

To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change your password via the the desktop client
1) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Australia, New Zealand or Asia
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

VPN Gate is preferable, assuming there's a relevant server available and the bandwidth is decent.

Note: The German Edition is a separate app and cannot be unlocked early.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Anyone else have problems getting the Steam overlay up in game? Couldn't get it to work.

Played the last 2 hours and I'm incredibly impressed by it, feels a lot like Doom (2016) mixed with Goldeneye? That sounds a bit of an odd combo I know but that's what came to mind.

The sound mix is a bit odd though and the guns have nowhere near as much oomph to them as I thought they would. Dual wielding is still a blast regardless, but yeah, a bit more noise and weight to the guns wouldn't of gone amiss.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone suggest a good recap video/resource on the previous game to watch or read? Would love to get refreshed on the story after beating it a year ago.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game support HDR at launch? I know it was announced to include it a while back but that announcement was alongside Evil Within 2, which does not support it yet.

Exclusive to a retailer called JB HiFi here in Australia, not sure about other countries.
Ah, damn. America tends to miss out on this sort of thing and I love collecting steelbooks.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I only see the DLC key for the uncut version, but not for the German version.
Guess I'm gonna post something about that on the German version discussion boards on Steam.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Several hours in and loving it. It's not really all the different from The New Order structurally but they've so clearly been given a bigger budget and more freedom with their writing and sense of humor. Visuals, design, combat all feels improved on TNO. Story and character work is as wonderful as the first.
So if you loved the previous game, you'll really love this one?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting this but HOLY GOD IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD.

Like, I shouldn't be surprised by this. The first one was good. This one is better. The writing is just godlike.

Toa TAK

Oct 25, 2017
I'm late on this, but this is such a wonderful OT. I love it so much. Full on German works on so many levels. Bravo.