• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Just looking at the achievements/trophies...yeah, I don't think a lot of people will be getting 100% on this one.

One in particular looks brutally difficult.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Just pre ordered. This is by far the most anticipated game of 2017 for me. The only problem is that I am in the middle of a playthrough of The New Order. Need to finish it ASAP lol

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely, yes. This and TNO are two damn fine games. I consider The New Order to be the best game of the gen right now and Old Blood is a nice expansion of that, even with its flaws.

On topic: I played about 4.5 hours now on PC ("Do or Die!" difficulty, which is basically hard) and god damn, is it good. Stealth is just as satisfying as in TNO, especially if you have a supressed pistol, but the gunplay is just as great. Too bad that I jinxed myself in the PC performance thread by saying "It runs great" while only having played the first level when in reality the GTX 970 drops regularly under 60fps if you don't drop down to High and even then there are scenes that run under 60. 1080p, by the way. Wolf II made me realize that I should switch out my GPU next year.
Great, thanks! Stoked to play through these for the first time.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
so in my DLC window on Steam it shows that the Episode Zero content is already there, does that mean it comes out at release? I thought I read someone saying it wouldn't come out till the 7th.

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to keep the game on your normal steam account without having to use VPN? Cause it used to work for me when Fallout 4 was released

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, was CDkeys.com pre-order supposed to have Chapter 0 DLC or not? Should it be visible on Steam or not?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Holy cow, that's an awesome OP!

My copy should be arriving tomorrow from Amazon. I finally managed to finish TNO last weekend so at least I'm caught up. lol

rare

Oct 25, 2017
So, I checked my statistics.
8 hours, 61% level completion.
There's also some more side stuff to do that aren't just finding stuff, like it was in TNO.
Really hope all of you guys enjoy this, I'm enjoying the story MUCH more than TNO or TOB.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is wrong with the sound? Gun shots sound like they are coming from 100' away. Music level and voice levels are fine, ambient audio is fine, but gun shots and other "action" sounds literally sound like they are 25% the volume of the rest of the effects. And there is no dedicated sound effect slider.

PC version by the way.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
What the hell is wrong with the sound? Gun shots sound like they are coming from 100' away. Music level and voice levels are fine, ambient audio is fine, but gun shots and other "action" sounds literally sound like they are 25% the volume of the rest of the effects. And there is no dedicated sound effect slider.

PC version by the way.

Sounds kinda like the last game then :(

Oct 25, 2017
DNGbPt8XcAAModR.jpg

UNPACK FASTER!
nice!

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What difficulty will you all be starting this on? I think I'll start on medium first, then go again on hard.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
C5qvgMZ.png

So check your DLC lists and episode zero should be there, looks like it is playable from the start when it unlocks.

Not 100% since it isn't time for an unlock.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Great! However: why is it letting us activate keys from another country? Maybe JaseC knows?

On topic: Boy if I'm hyped for this, loved the first one and was almost my GOTY that year, Alien Isolation won in my book.

The ROW version is heavily region-locked against Germany, but the German Edition isn't heavily region-locked against the rest of the world.

One thing I've always found interesting about the modern Wolfenstein games is that Switzerland gets both versions.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ROW version is heavily region-locked against Germany, but the German Edition isn't heavily region-locked against the rest of the world.

One thing I've always found interesting about the modern Wolfenstein games is that Switzerland gets both versions.

Germany have their own version?

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Ugh bestbuy is delivering this late. See you guys Monday I guess. Usually I just pick it up from the store on the way home from work when this happens and return the original when it comes in. None in any stores around me. This is now Mario weekend.
DNGQllhVoAASi8J.jpg:large

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Now that you mention it. It feels like the camera is on a third person model but from a first person viewpoint.

It would be neat if that was it. It would not be their first game to do this. Riddick (all version) + the Darkness 1 (I have not played it in person ever, but watched vids) do this as well. They probably could not do it in Wolf TNO and TOB because how idtech5 renders stuff / was a hastle to work with / not enough time to get it right in idtech5.

Starbreeze were known for that. Arms and hands in the first person model were always overly animated. I've always quite liked it. The more I'm playing of this, I totally see what you mean. It's more animated than TNO and TOB was.

I bought from cdkeys and have no Episode 0 either. I'll give them a shout and see why not.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic OT. Very well made. Sucks that I do not understand German :(

I guess you don't need to understand anything other than the goal is to kill nazis as much as possible :)

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo.... should I buy this on PC or Xbox One X (I'm picking one up on the 7th. Don't judge me)
Intel 6700k, GTX 980 Ti, 32gb ram... but monitor is only 1680x1050. XOX will be hooked up to my 4K TV.

J/K... I know the answer.
Why not BOTH!

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered my ages ago and they said you should have been upgraded to it. I'm still having trouble getting a response on the blank html download code link.
Did you try the original confirmation email link?
That worked for me after i contacted them.

But that was before i knew my code would not have DLC for some reason :/

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Has anyone played the PS4 version without the 1.01 patch? It's going to take 3 hours for me to download and I really want to play it now. I don't want this to be another Doom where the game is almost unplayable without the patch.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Did you try the original confirmation email link?
That worked for me after i contacted them.

But that was before i knew my code would not have DLC for some reason :/
I did try original confirmation email. It takes me to screen to download Steam. Should I contact them again? I sent an support ticket this morning.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered my ages ago and they said you should have been upgraded to it. I'm still having trouble getting a response on the blank html download code link.

I still haven't gotten a response after nearly 10 hours. I expect this to be resolved soon, but this is disappointing, not to mention the possibility of getting the germany version...

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I did try original confirmation email. It takes me to screen to download Steam. Should I contact them again? I sent an support ticket this morning.
That was what happened with my key. I emailed customer support. It took a few hours but they eventually got back to me and told me to check that link again, and that time, the code then showed up. It was a scanned image.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't see the DLC in my Steam either ;(

But now that I think about it...I only bought the game from them yesterday (Thursday), and the product page/order confirmation email does call the game "Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus PC" rather than the "Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus PC + DLC" it used to be called (as per the screenshot taken a few days before).

Damn.
"Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus PC + DLC
Download"
For me :/
I'll contact them tomorrow.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
That was what happened with my key. I emailed customer support. It took a few hours but they eventually got back to me and told me to check that link again, and that time, the code then showed up. It was a scanned image.
Oh okay. I guess I'll just wait it out. Man I was hoping to kill some nazis today.