• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ninecubed

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone in here (haven't read back through too many pages) tried Mien Leben yet? I'm all about a good challenge, but that just seems sadistic (considering I find the game pretty tough on the 'medium' difficulty).

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Any word from Machinegames on fixing/properly implementing a new game+ mode? I want to play through the Wyatt timeline, and maybe on a harder difficulty, but hell if I'm gonna grind out all of those perks again.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha, guess I'll do it if only for the unique location.

I only have to get like 7 or so enigma codes, but I've been grinding them for the past few missions. I'll try out your recommendation.
I was redoing the Roswell town mission because you can easily stealth past everything and quickly get to the commander, but there's only 1 code. The airship cutscenes and loading became tiresome very quickly.
Yeah, there is some loading indeed, especially when you have to get back to the uboat. Loading the smaller levels (like the one i mentioned earlier) doesnt take that long luckily, but yeah, you have to go back to the uboat afte that, no way to just quickly do the level over and over again.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Loved the ending, enjoyed the game entirely, was surprised at how they decided to weave some of the story together. Not quite Old Blood in terms of level design, but the story was far more interesting (at least to me) than TNO. Going to try Mien Leben after finishing the Contracts.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
2 questions:

1) how long do I still have to go if I just finished
New Orleans
?

2) Are the übercommendant missions worth doing if I don't really enjoy the shooting gameplay that much? Is there fun story character stuff or is it purely blasting nazi's?

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
2 questions:

1) how long do I still have to go if I just finished
New Orleans
?

2) Are the übercommendant missions worth doing if I don't really enjoy the shooting gameplay that much? Is there fun story character stuff or is it purely blasting nazi's?
1) You're past the halfway mark but not at the very end.

2) EDIT: No to both. I misread your post originally. Although, I think they count towards 100% which reveals something. I could be wrong.
It's basically just a way to keep revisiting areas to acquire collectibles and kill Nazis.

Ryukori

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Just finished this game. It was absolutely amazing. The story and level design really stood out. I actually liked this game more than The New Order. The story held my attention the entire time in this game, while there were some moments I became bored in The New Order.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you remember the old Wolfenstein games? They're exactly like Doom. That's what I want, that's what many fans want.

The gameplay flows were quite different. In Wolfenstein, all of the enemies were hitscan. Running into a room of enemies was a death sentence. Typically you'd clear out rooms from doorways and funnel enemies into bottlenecks to take them out before they could shoot you. The Mutant enemies were especially bad, doing massive fast damage that was unavoidable if they saw you at all, so it was really important to lure them around corners and stunlock them from the flank.

Doom was all about run and gunning. Sprint strafing to avoid projectiles. Hitscan enemies like shotgun guys and heavy machine gun dudes were way less accurate at a distance than Wolfenstein enemies were and they don't eat your health as fast, which lets you pick them off in the open.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
One issue I did had with the game was the difficulty spike
especially during the court daydream segment.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm liking this Agent Silent Death mission. She's cool (I'm pretty sure she is voiced by Claudia Black as well).

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what happened, but after loving TNO I'm really not enjoying this game. It's too difficult for a start - I'm playing on PS4 and I can't get a sensitivity I like on the aiming, with drones being particularly hard to take down I die over and over because despite wearing armour BJ is apparently made out of fairy dust now. It's just not fun.

I've met the lady with the afro (can't remember her name) and doing a 'hold the enemy off' mission and I can't get past it. I even knocked the difficulty down to one notch above easy and I still can't do it.

Is it worth it? TNO had challenging moments but I managed to overcome them, but my experience here is making me want to shelve it and go and do the washing up or something.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what happened, but after loving TNO I'm really not enjoying this game. It's too difficult for a start - I'm playing on PS4 and I can't get a sensitivity I like on the aiming, with drones being particularly hard to take down I die over and over because despite wearing armour BJ is apparently made out of fairy dust now. It's just not fun.

Get the scope for the main machine gun as soon as possible, then you can make use of the quick-scoping auto-lock-on.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Get the scope for the main machine gun as soon as possible, then you can make use of the quick-scoping auto-lock-on.

I just realised my scope had vanished, but the game updated so it moved me to the start of the level (where I left it anyway) and removed my upgrades for some reason. Still struggling though. I'd never pretend to be an FPS master, but I don't usually struggle like this.

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't gotten around to trying the console versions yet, but they didn't fix the aiming lag/smoothing that TNO and TOB also had? Dishonored 2 also had it despite being a different developer and seemingly The Evil Within 2 as well. You'd expect developers to care more considering these games are mostly tested with controllers, but I guess they think it's fine and adds to the challenge.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The gameplay flows were quite different. In Wolfenstein, all of the enemies were hitscan. Running into a room of enemies was a death sentence. Typically you'd clear out rooms from doorways and funnel enemies into bottlenecks to take them out before they could shoot you. The Mutant enemies were especially bad, doing massive fast damage that was unavoidable if they saw you at all, so it was really important to lure them around corners and stunlock them from the flank.

Doom was all about run and gunning. Sprint strafing to avoid projectiles. Hitscan enemies like shotgun guys and heavy machine gun dudes were way less accurate at a distance than Wolfenstein enemies were and they don't eat your health as fast, which lets you pick them off in the open.

thank you, expecting DOOM is madness. You're a one-man army, but a frail one. It's more of a strategical kind of gunplay. You hit fast and you hide fast, you don't dance with your enemies, you take control of the crowd coming your way.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I just tried Mein Leben and yeah, I don't think I'll ever have the patience to beat that. Kudos to anyone who does.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017

I've met the lady with the afro (can't remember her name) and doing a 'hold the enemy off' mission and I can't get past it. I even knocked the difficulty down to one notch above easy and I still can't do it.

Is it worth it? TNO had challenging moments but I managed to overcome them, but my experience here is making me want to shelve it and go and do the washing up or something.
I've had similar issues. I'm not sure what the deal is. I didn't die nearly this much in the first games or in Doom. I'm going to try it with -15 sensitivity like suggested above.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Can't remember the last time a videogame opening made me nostalgic, sad, furious, and laugh.

Kudos, Machine Games.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, the drones are a MASSIVE pain in the ass on a controller. There is no sensitivity that feels good, unlike last year's DOOM, where I found a comfortable sens immediately.

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved the game, but it seems Stealth is impossible now. I got every perk worth getting for stealth up to the max and still, i get spotted by some enemy up high on some platform that I had no hope of noticing.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I just "beat" the campaign and honestly had no clue I was so close to doing so. It seemed really short to me but I suppose it is stretched out by hunting commanders, which in all fairness I have only done once.

The game grew on me big time. I think I said either earlier in the thread or somewhere else I was not that into it initially and I loved the first game. That all went away eventually and I pretty much love this game as much as the first, as it is more or less more of the same.

I will probably pick up the Season Pass eventually. But with the X arriving tomorrow, I have COD WWII, NFS Payback, and Forza 7 to all play on it. So I will be taking a bit of a break from this game so glad I just beat it.

Absolutely a great game. I definitely need to dual wield more though. I did not even get the first perk. Pretty stupid as that is one of the main things that separates it from other FPS's, but since I tried to go Stealth more than I did not, Dual Wield did not make a whole lot of sense to me.

I also do wonder if this is officially the last multiplatform game I will have picked up for the Pro. I have zero affiliation to any manufacturer and I go where the horsepower is, especially since I tend to only play SP games. Most of my friends are on PS4 but that does not really matter since I tend to stick to SP, so this really very well could wind up being one of my last multiplatform games on the PS4. If that is the case, I cannot think of a better title to have that distinction.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, the drones are a MASSIVE pain in the ass on a controller. There is no sensitivity that feels good, unlike last year's DOOM, where I found a comfortable sens immediately.
I wish this game had the same sensitivity and controller settings as Doom. After some playing with those, I got Doom to feel perfect. I can pull off stuff in Doom I've never done on a controller before.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on PS4.

I was on
Zerstörer
Game had saved, I kept dying, game downloaded 1.02, I kept dying, I logged out in frustration, logged back in and game auto-updated itself, and now I can't reload any of my saves because the versions of the game don't match. I'll have to start at beginning of the level. Sigh. Deleted the game, reinstalled in the hope I could download day one patch on its own and... nope. Game downloads both 1.01 and 1.02 together. (Attempted to load saves without patching. Same problem: incompatible versions of game.) How convenient!

DPart

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man.. this game is hard as balls!
Just finished, great game

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Well... I think this patch just destroyed my ability to finish the game.

Was doing districts before I set off on what i believe was the last mission. After the patch all the main characters like Anya ect... are nowhere on the ship and I can't progress and get fergus' arm to get access to the last mission.

Same thing just happened to me too.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, is there anyone who thinks this game is actually *better* that The New Order? Even those who like it seem to have tempered enthusiasm for it, and, it seems mostly due to the crazy story beats.

Does anyone actually prefer the gameplay of The New Colossus to that in The New Order?

The Tackle is rip and tear your guts and instakills annoying drones

shotgun looks and feels much better to use

Asymmetric dual wield means kill common nazis with normal gun in one hand and charge lasercraftwerk for robot enemies in the other hand.

Its much better for me.

Nov 1, 2017
I completed the campaign on Terror Billy difficulty and while it was definitely harder than TNO I did not have as much of an issue as others in here seem to have had. TNC expects you to play smart, watch your flanks constantly and know when to run n' gun or hole up. I can't wait to give it a try on Death Incarnate for a replay in the near future.

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Was gonna wait until christmas to get this but balked and ordered it earlier, mainly because I'm itching to play it but also partially because I want to help this game by getting it full price. I'd hate if they weren't able to finish the trilogy due to lack of sales (though Bethesda seem to be pretty good with this sort of thing as a publisher).

Supernorn

Game Developer @ Chucklefish
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
London
I kinda blasted through this game over a couple days and it was everything I hoped for. There were some issues I had with the combat and if I had to choose I do think TNO's gunplay felt more satisfying. But the writing and the characters are just taken to a new level here. And the story certainly goes places.. I'm there for the next one.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same thing just happened to me too.

Posted my issue on the Bethesda forums and it seems like this is an issue across all three platforms with everyone in the exact same scenario. Patch seems to break this one exact mission. Hopefully an emergency patch is issued quickly. I really wanna finish this game soon.

Bandit1

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I had issues reloading my save with a different update installed... Ended up starting the game over just for kicks, playing on the easiest difficulty and going as hard and as fast as I could. Surpassed the point of my previous save and will probably try to finish the game without updating just so I don't run into the same issue.

Quick question - after I complete the story will I still be able to go back to the sub for enigma stuff?

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
So, anyone played Episode 0? I'm on pc and it still hasn't unlocked (some 15 hours to go....)

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just got finished playing Episode Zero, it was alright. Agent Silent Death was my favorite segment of the trio, but overall I found it kinda meh. I'm enjoying the main game a lot & pretty sure I'm close to wrapping up, but I don't think I'll get the season pass for this - nothing in the preview DLC wowed me at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Just looked at my stats page and it says I'm only 99% done. 100% everything but level completion, which is at 97%. What could that possibly be?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
How long is the DLC?

I'm conflicted on this game, to me the setting and presentation was much more fun this time around, but the game has serious pacing issues in it's story mode. The difficulty is also so odd, it feels like the whole thing was just not really well balanced. Had zero trouble with the first game on the medium difficulty setting, this I struggled, and had to put it way down for some parts. Trial and error game play isn't fun, and I expected to feel more like a bad ass like in DOOM.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
I really hope each Freedom Episode won't be only twenty minutes long as is the first one. If yes, Wolf 2 season pass would be biggest shit in a long time imo.

Edit: do you guys think they may do an "Old Blood" kind of expansion down the road?

Last edited:

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Just looked at my stats page and it says I'm only 99% done. 100% everything but level completion, which is at 97%. What could that possibly be?
I just checked mine and it looks bugged. I was at 99% complete before. After that, I reloaded a prior save to get an achievement and it dropped it down to 95%. I reloaded a later save that had everything but a few readables obtained and now it says 89% complete.

My level completion is also 97% but it also says my perk levels is 0% (I have all of them maxed)

Oct 25, 2017
I just checked mine and it looks bugged. I was at 99% complete before. After that, I reloaded a prior save to get an achievement and it dropped it down to 95%. I reloaded a later save that had everything but a few readables obtained and now it says 89% complete.

My level completion is also 97% but it also says my perk levels is 0% (I have all of them maxed)

I thought the Freedom Chronicle stuff might have been it, so I played them and checked again. I was now at 53% completion, with half of my stats at 0% including level completion. So I reloaded my main game save, quit to the menu and looked again and I'm now at 89%, with level completion still at 97% and Perks at 0% and everything else at 100%. lol

Umbra_Witcher

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
I don't want to be a debbie downer, but this game was quite disappointing for me. When I say that, I equate it similarly to Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided from last year, both solid titles, but they didn't reach the level I expected. I loved how the guns felt and early on I felt like it was going to be an amazing game, but that feeling faded as I went on, with glimpses of awesome mixed in. I definitely prefer The New Order/The Old Blood over this.

Here are my issues:
-The fact that you can't pause or skip cutscenes is mind-blowing. Following up on this, I also thought there were way too many cutscenes to the point that I felt the story was the main focus over the game. The first half featured short levels and I felt I was barely getting started in a level when all of a sudden it was over. The tone of the story was all over the place too, and sometimes I appreciated the wackiness, while other times I was almost embarrassed with the heavy-handed politics and
fridge and topless pregnant lady moments
-This leads me into an identity crisis the game also seems to have with its gameplay. BJ is far too fragile (and the health indicators are visually quite poor) to go guns-a-blazing wiping out Nazis at will, and I feel this was done to differentiate the game from Doom. This forces Wolfenstein into something more reminiscent of a cover shooter. The best strategy is often waiting for waves of enemies to flood a corner and then just annihilating them all as they come into view. This was especially prevalent in the final area where you can just stay in the bunker and unload, popping your head out to launch some more devastating attacks at the bigger enemies.
-The game also over-emphasizes stealth. I like the idea of the commander system, but the game isn't built like a stealth game is with numerous different paths to sneak around in. Most of the commanders were met only after already clearing an area, and the stealth wasn't developed well enough to play the game as I believe the developers intended. I had one instance where I went through a long section without being spotted, being overly careful, only to be randomly seen from across the map. Moments like this constantly dissuaded me to play carefully and prevent alarms, instead causing me to revert to the aforementioned tactics from the last bullet point. This issue also ruined the uber commander side missions for me, especially since they don't have checkpoints.
-If the fights did get wild, there is the issue of picking up armor/health/ammo/weapons being the same button as reload. Sometimes the game would automatically pick this stuff up, while other times it'd make me manually hit a button, and there were times, I just wanted to reload, but kept running over countless items on the floor blocking my ability to reload.
-I'm not sure about the other upgrades, but I picked the walker upgrade and it was awfully clunky. The jump controls in general were janky and BJ would fail to grab onto ledges or get caught on objects in the world far too frequently.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Anyone have a bug on Xbox where you upgrade the LKW to have double capacity, but you can only ever charge it halfway full to the same 100 you started with?

Really weird :-(

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I'm enjoying the game, but yeah, I definitely agree with some of the difficulty spikes.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished it. Game started pretty slow for me. But, once it really got going, I didn't want to stop. Holy fuck. So good.

I did find it odd that you don't try to kill Hitler. I was slaughtering armies on that space station, but don't even give a fuck about him. Just seemed weird. He better be the boss in the next game. Don't try to subvert expectations or anything, just give us that Mecha-Hitler final fight to end it all. If that doesn't happen, they have fucked up.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to start this today. That beginning was....something to say the least, but the opening level was pretty good overall.

But holy shit does the next real level make my ps4 Pro howl. I'm not one of the "pro is too loud" people but this was legitimately loud, like it was screaming for help lol