• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adan0s

Oct 27, 2017
Was so excited to play this but unfortunately due to the extensive head bobbing I had to stop playing after an hour :/
Hope they will add a setting for that in the ps4 version.

three_muffins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to play Wolfenstein (have not played the first one either yet), but sadly i live in germany and the game is heavily censored. Even the uk version is censored.
Only way for me to play the uncensored version would be the us version of the games. I would love to buy Wolfenstein the New Order (and the old blood dlc).
That is no option because amazon.us does not deliever games to germany.

Looks like im going to miss out on Wolfenstein (or watch a youtube lets play)

Brockxz

Oct 31, 2017
I would love to play Wolfenstein (have not played the first one either yet), but sadly i live in germany and the game is heavily censored. Even the uk version is censored.
Only way for me to play the uncensored version would be the us version of the games. I would love to buy Wolfenstein the New Order (and the old blood dlc).

What exactly is changed/removed from the game besides swastika?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly is changed/removed from the game besides swastika?
What he said i think and apparently
Hitler lost his mustache

I just finished the game, overall i enjoyed the story. I do have a few gripes with it that i mentionned in my last post.

- I played it on "Call me Terror-Billy" but oftentimes it feel the damage you receive range from normal to friggin ridiculous, B.J. feels extremely fragile throughout the whole game compared to TNO and i played that one on Über.

- The lack of feedback from getting shot makes a lot of encounter frustrating, there's a lot of "i had tons of armor and 120+ health but suddenly i'm at like 40 health" situation which makes the forced combat scenarios in places annoying.
-glare at the Courtroom fight

- A bit too many Stealth sections, while normally i don't mind i find the stealth rather bleh in TNO/TNC there's a lot of heavies that easily spots on-top of other annoyance past the mid-point of the game that can ruin your stealth.

That said, i think the story was superb, i'm 50/50 on the gunplay but when it works right, its a blast. I recommend it but expect frustrating moment. If you played TNO but found it a bit too hard, TNC is harder so play it on an easier setting and you'll have a good time. I'd give it at 8/10.

Story stuff:
Obviously we're getting a trilogy, what would be cool is retrieving a Da'At Yichud relic in the 3rd game which would be the Spear of Destiny, i mean we have that relic Super Spesh had that seem to keep Set intrigued (or the doorknob if you prefer) excited to see where it goes next, i'm guessing taking down Hitler.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Do you remember the old Wolfenstein games? They're exactly like Doom. That's what I want, that's what many fans want.
Did you play The New Order? Because complaining that a sequel to the game has the same tone as its predecessor is kinda dumb.

I'd understand if you were talking about TNO, but this game is what Wolfenstein has been since 2014 and three games now.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How is the UK version censored?

Also what happened to the section from the trailer, where you were shown killing klan members?

Min

Oct 25, 2017
How is the UK version censored?

Also what happened to the section from the trailer, where you were shown killing klan members?

Could also be in the assassination side missions? Not sure about the scene in the trailer, and was surprise to learn any combat with Klan members were only in the side quests.

Oct 25, 2017
Did you play The New Order? Because complaining that a sequel to the game has the same tone as its predecessor is kinda dumb.

I'd understand if you were talking about TNO, but this game is what Wolfenstein has been since 2014 and three games now.

Yes, but this is way worse than TNO. TNO had better combat scenarios, better level design, better pacing and less story telling. Oh and Wolfenstein Old Blood is still the best modern Wolfenstein game.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Started playing the German version today after finishing the international version a few days ago.
It's pretty damn good. Really good German voice acting (as expected). A bit sad that literally all references to Nazis have been removed, but oh well, could be way worse.

Was Set Roth ever mentioned to be a Jew in the German version of TNO? Because right now every reference to him being one seems to have been removed in TNC and is only slightly hinted at. At least the Da'at Yichud is still a thing.

Also the Kreisau Circle is now the Wiesenau something something, that's weird, I don't remember that change in TNO.

All in all I only got to New York and will continue playing now to keep up with the other changes made to the German version.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say I'm really enjoying this and I'm not even that keen on FPS games usually.

I liked the first one but this seems to have a better narrative and keeps me engaged and is easier to follow. All too often games become convoluted in their plot and I just lose interest. This has a straightforward yet engaging and deep plot that really shows the horrors of war and the time period with its racial overtones. The characters are also well developed with excellent voice acting and motion capture.

Compared to Titanfall2 the story was just bad and I lost interest in it halfway through. It felt like Transformers. Although the combat was still good.

Anyway, the gameplay and particularly the gunplay in Wolf2 is excellent. I do echo what people have been saying though it's sometimes hard to see you're getting hit and before you know it you're dead. Also the game doesn't work very well as a stealth game as it's most fun going on guns blazing but you can't really do that either in a lot of scenarios as you just die quickly. Certainly playing it like Doom does not work. You have to use cover a fair bit.

How are you guys changing weapons midway in combat? I find this is almost impossible to do and you have to have the right weapons before a fight starts and stick with it till the fight ends. Changing them in the middle of a fight by holding R1 is just cumbersome and a bit slow and normally gets me killed. Is there some kinda quick select thing I'm missing? you just get killed quickly pressing R1 in the middle of a fight as there is actually no quick way to select another weapon because you have to hold R1 and move the stick to the correct weapon which is hardly ideal as you're getting shot as you can't really move while you're doing this at the same time as selecting. It's like trying to rub your nose and belly. R1 doesn't pause the action either.

I'm getting confused with dual wielding too. Again it's a bit random which weapon the game ends up picking when you press up on the dpad.

I love the combat otherwise but I feel like this whole weapon selection system works sometimes against the game at times as you can't select weapons quickly enough unlike Doom.

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
Such divisive feelings on this game for me. And I loved TNO. I feel as if the gameplay was quite lacking throughout all but the last 4th of the main campaign. You die too easily, the encounters were meh, and the enemy design could use some improvement. I think where the game shines gameplay wise is when you beat it and dig into the districts. There's more freedom and you have more options at your disposal. I can't help but think "Why not give this to us in the main story???"

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Such divisive feelings on this game for me. And I loved TNO. I feel as if the gameplay was quite lacking throughout all but the last 4th of the main campaign. You die too easily, the encounters were meh, and the enemy design could use some improvement. I think where the game shines gameplay wise is when you beat it and dig into the districts. There's more freedom and you have more options at your disposal. I can't help but think "Why not give this to us in the main story???"
I think I agree with this. For the first half of the game I felt like I was watching more than playing. It was a good movie. However, I do think the gameplay is better, overall, than the previous entries. But I don't think it reaches its potential. I'll echo what you said about the encounters. The actual combat is fun, but encounters never reach that "wow" factor, at least for me.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i hope you guys like tunnels, bunkers and commanders! because thats all the dlc episode is so far. just reused assets thrown together.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just wrote my review, pretty late to publish it but I had my hands full with other games too.
Anyway, if interested. In short pros: Story and characters, replay value and set-pieces. Cons: Blurry visuals on Xbox One (haven't tested the Xbox One X), head bobbing and simply terrible hit detection feedback.

Great game though, Machine Games is an excellent developer. Looking forward for whatever they bring next.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where the hell is the DLC episode at? I pre-ordered on PSN which said on the page came with Episode 0 and yet I don't see it in the Freedom Chronicles list....

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on confirmation that the PS4 Pro version will get an update for HDR.

Xbox One supposedly just got its X update. Curious as to what is included

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks, that explains it.

Seriously? They are OK with all the gore, a
naked, blood-drenched pregnant woman dual-firing weapons
but the swastika is too much?
I mean its German law. Unlike a number of other countries nazi imagery isn't just very frowned upon its downright illegal. The only exception I think is if it is in an educational environment like a museum.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I think I agree with this. For the first half of the game I felt like I was watching more than playing. It was a good movie. However, I do think the gameplay is better, overall, than the previous entries. But I don't think it reaches its potential. I'll echo what you said about the encounters. The actual combat is fun, but encounters never reach that "wow" factor, at least for me.

Like the last game, I think there's a failure to utilise the setting. They have these classic inspired mechanics which is great, but they could do so much more with the weapon selection and enemy types given the opportunities afforded to them by the story. DOOM really starts to tick once you've got a few weapons and there's lots of enemy types in play.

Most of this game I've been shooting dudes with an automatic gun. Needs a bit more variety, I got my hopes up when I saw the teleporting robots but otherwise there's been little else.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday evening I finished
courtroom section
. Until that moment I had been playing on "Do or die!" difficulty but after about 15 unsuccessful attempts andy many very loud and mostly unparliamentary comments directed at whoever designed this section I decided to lower difficulty level. Such an unexpected difficulty spike. Conclusion of this fight didn't make me feel better either. In such situations Irritating deadzone in left analog sticks out like a sore thumb.

I thought the Episode 0 DLC was for everyone who pre-ordered the game? It says it's unavailable for me as I didn't pre-order the season pass.

You need a code to unlock it. I got it from the shop that sent me the game.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday evening I finished
courtroom section
. Until that moment I had been playing on "Do or die!" difficulty but after about 15 unsuccessful attempts andy many very loud and mostly unparliamentary comments directed mostly at whoever designed this section I decided to lower difficulty level. Such an unexpected difficulty spike. Conclusion of this fight didn't make me feel better either. In such situations Irritating deadzone in left analog sticks out like a sore thumb.
Yeah, but it's just that area. I didn't have an issue after that.
I think it's because the game strips you of your weapons and you're immediately surrounded. That doesn't happen again.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean its German law. Unlike a number of other countries nazi imagery isn't just very frowned upon its downright illegal. The only exception I think is if it is in an educational environment like a museum.

I was referring to the UK version. There are definitely swastikas in there, so not sure what the poster was referring to.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well... I think this patch just destroyed my ability to finish the game.

Was doing districts before I set off on what i believe was the last mission. After the patch all the main characters like Anya ect... are nowhere on the ship and I can't progress and get fergus' arm to get access to the last mission.

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, is there anyone who thinks this game is actually *better* that The New Order? Even those who like it seem to have tempered enthusiasm for it, and, it seems mostly due to the crazy story beats.

Does anyone actually prefer the gameplay of The New Colossus to that in The New Order?

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
So, is there anyone who thinks this game is actually *better* that The New Order? Even those who like it seem to have tempered enthusiasm for it, and, it seems mostly due to the crazy story beats.

Does anyone actually prefer the gameplay of The New Colossus to that in The New Order?
Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I don't think you could clearly say one way or the other.

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I don't think you could clearly say one way or the other.

After replaying just the first couple hours of TNO last night, I can *definitely* say I enjoy that gameplay a lot more than I did with this one.

I'm just curious to see if there are other who are emphatically the reverse.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well... I think this patch just destroyed my ability to finish the game.

Was doing districts before I set off on what i believe was the last mission. After the patch all the main characters like Anya ect... are nowhere on the ship and I can't progress and get fergus' arm to get access to the last mission.

Is the
arm
not where it should be either?

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Quick update on the patch: it immediately allows you to play Episode 0 (I've just started it to make sure) and opens "combat scenarios", which are similar to challenges from The Old Blood (you fight to get best score).

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
After replaying just the first couple hours of TNO last night, I can *definitely* say I enjoy that gameplay a lot more than I did with this one.

I'm just curious to see if there are other who are emphatically the reverse.

I think barring the terrible damage indicator, TNC eventually becomes a better playing game when you get all your upgrades, which is sadly only possible in the final stretch of the game. Keep in mind I'm talking purely core combat player abilities here.

The Ram Shackle and Battle Walker are great for mixing up run & gun tactics, melee attacks look better, guns sound better, armored enemies are easier to deal with, health/ammo auto pick up, hatchet throwing >>> knife throwing, etc.

The style of encounters are very different though, and TNO handed you badass moments a lot more.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a couple hours into it and I'm not digging it nearly as much as I did TNO, which I loved. The difficulty is wonk I can't tell where the hell I'm being shot at from, and I'm not a fan of the Doom like speed. I much preferred TNO is that regard.

I dropped the difficulty and I'm hoping to just run through the game as it's seemingly just way more of a frustrating experience. That being said, the story and cinematic's are great.

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
I think barring the terrible damage indicator, TNC eventually becomes a better playing game when you get all your upgrades, which is sadly only possible in the final stretch of the game. Keep in mind I'm talking purely core combat player abilities here.

The Ram Shackle and Battle Walker are great for mixing up run & gun tactics, melee attacks look better, guns sound better, armored enemies are easier to deal with, health/ammo auto pick up, hatchet throwing >>> knife throwing, etc.

The style of encounters are very different though, and TNO handed you badass moments a lot more.

That's exactly what kept me from enjoying it as much as TNO. If they had perhaps spread out those upgrades across the game, it would have been a much more enjoyable overall experience. It's weird because I was really disliking the game up until I beat it. Now I really enjoy the gameplay. But I just cannot forget that long stretch of game with bland options.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a couple hours into it and I'm not digging it nearly as much as I did TNO, which I loved. The difficulty is wonk I can't tell where the hell I'm being shot at from, and I'm not a fan of the Doom like speed. I much preferred TNO is that regard.

I dropped the difficulty and I'm hoping to just run through the game as it's seemingly just way more of a frustrating experience. That being said, the story and cinematic's are great.
I feel like it's substantially harder than The New Order and Old Blood or the latest Doom, for that matter. I am dying way more often. Maybe I just need to adjust the thumb stick sensitivity or something.

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, but this is way worse than TNO. TNO had better combat scenarios, better level design, better pacing and less story telling. Oh and Wolfenstein Old Blood is still the best modern Wolfenstein game.

TNO had more story telling than this game - there's way less gimmicks and forced conversation sections in TNC. In TNO the middle act between the concentration camp and bridge level had long stretches without regular combat.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing for almost ten hours, and I can't believe how depressing this game feels at times. The entire world went to shit, Blasko really can't catch a break and every single glimpse of hope is squashed in minutes.

I enjoy the game a lot, and there are some pretty funny moments, but damn this is not a happy place.