• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Finished it over the weekend, loved the game....perfect follow up to TNO :) The middle section was one of the most ludicrous (in a good way) experiences I have had in a FPS in some time.

Time played stats / completion below for those interested:

14hrs playtime
34% completion

I obviously missed alot of the collectibles and side content

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like anyone who didn't choose Constrictor Harness gets the short end of stick when it comes to stealth. It really comes in handy.

Also, I'm on one of the last levels (I think so at least) and the beginning of it was just amazing. I don't even wanna spoil the name of that level by putting in the spoiler header. For a sec I felt like I was playing some RPG/TT game and I loved every second of it. So amazing. Now I can't wait to kill that boss hahaha.

Airhead

Oct 25, 2017
What the absolute heck did this game just do.

oh my God they cut his head off and futurama'd him in a jar.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Hey! First post at the new site.

Absolutely loving this game. I'm taking my time and really soaking it in. The cutscenes are just fantastic, amazing writing and voice acting.

And that shotgun. That shotgun.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like anyone who didn't choose Constrictor Harness gets the short end of stick when it comes to stealth. It really comes in handy.

Also, I'm on one of the last levels (I think so at least) and the beginning of it was just amazing. I don't even wanna spoil the name of that level by putting in the spoiler header. For a sec I felt like I was playing some RPG/TT game and I loved every second of it. So amazing. Now I can't wait to kill that boss hahaha.
I really thought I fucked up by choosing the ramshackles until
I found the constrictor sitting on a bench top in an assassination mission. Now I have both!

Oct 25, 2017

I'm awful at stealth in this game lol.

Actually is there a way to stealth kill the dudes with the dual heavy weapons. I know r3 drains gas behind them, but shooting it just alerts everyone.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really thought I fucked up by choosing the ramshackles until
I found the constrictor sitting on a bench top in an assassination mission. Now I have both!
Wait what?
You can get other contraptions from assassination missions? Man, that's great.
I'm awful at stealth in this game lol.

Actually is there a way to stealth kill the dudes with the dual heavy weapons. I know r3 drains gas behind them, but shooting it just alerts everyone.
Shoot them with a weapon that has suppressor.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe there are THAT many more enemies after you clear the bottom of the
courthouse
level. I finally beat it, but did it in the most unfun way by camping at the ammo stashes.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuckkkk?

Let me warn you guys right now - you better save every five seconds during the section where you're riding a robot dog. There are no checkpoints. Even when your objective updates to a new one after clearing one area, it won't autosave. I just died and had to redo everything.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I give up.

Where am I supposed to go after killing everyone in that facility in Venus. I'm outside and I just ran past that laser shooting robot dog. Following the way I have to walk on some pipes but the problem is that the way is blocked and I don't have the shoulder ram thingy.
What the fuckkkk?

Let me warn you guys right now - you better save every five seconds during the section where you're riding a robot dog. There are no checkpoints. Even when your objective updates to a new one after clearing one area, it won't autosave. I just died and had to redo everything.
That's weird. I had no problem during that section. Died a few times and always came back from the most recent checkpoint.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Scene with the Nazi Soldier and KKK having a conversation about learning German had me laughing. So much good NPC dialog in this game. Makes me feel good about taking the time to listen to what everyone has to say.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm disappointed that stealth isn't very satisfying. It seems like run and gun was the preferred approach. Other than that I'm enjoying the game. It feels like this game engine is super efficient because the frame rate is so smooth. Anyone else notice this or is my perception just off?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed that stealth isn't very satisfying. It seems like run and gun was the preferred approach. Other than that I'm enjoying the game. It feels like this game engine is super efficient because the frame rate is so smooth. Anyone else notice this or is my perception just off?
Nah, you are right. The game runs really good on my standard PS4. I think I only noticed frame drops in one scene which had a lot of explosions in it.

Okay, I give up.

Where am I supposed to go after killing everyone in that facility in Venus. I'm outside and I just ran past that laser shooting robot dog. Following the way I have to walk on some pipes but the problem is that the way is blocked and I don't have the shoulder ram thingy.
Finally got it but man, that was some level design.

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm wonder if there is a R3 melee move for every enemy type? Not sure about the doggies.

Big dudes you open up oil pipes or something?

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuckkkk?

The checkpoints are weird. Sometimes they don't seem to trigger, which is something I vaguely recall TNO doing as well. Other times, they trigger an autosave when you have 10 health and no armor...

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuckkkk?

Ah thanks for that, I just stopped playing once I got to that part. I'll be keeping that in mind.

Oct 27, 2017

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Watched the game.

The cutscenes were over the top and goofy and fun to watch.. can't say it was a good call to have so many cutscenes though.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Just started the game, it's going to be a fun ride but taking my time because I want to play on the scorpion (I refuse to say one x)

It was full of firsts for me
rolling around in a wheel chair shooting nazi's and bunny hopping all over the place

Only thing I don't like is
is this dude going to be in this power armor all the damn time??

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Just got back from venus and did the sides.

Man the writing is spot on! All the bombate and Sigrun... the venus chapter... in fucking credible!

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started the game, it's going to be a fun ride but taking my time because I want to play on the scorpion (I refuse to say one x)

It was full of firsts for me
rolling around in a wheel chair shooting nazi's and bunny hopping all over the place

Only thing I don't like is
is this dude going to be in this power armor all the damn time??

To your question: no.

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the game.

The cutscenes were over the top and goofy and fun to watch.. can't say it was a good call to have so many cutscenes though.

It was a good balance between gameplay and cut scenes imo. They did a lot to give context of the events which would've been fairly limp without it, and contrast nicely with something like DOOM, which didn't have any, and didn't need any. Plus this and TNO both had the base exploration parts to develop everyone further. Both of the games did storytelling brilliantly in their own way.

Considering that, as far as I can tell all games in the series are canon except maybe Spear of Destiny, BJ has to be one of the most well-developed action protags ever.

The former half of that statement may be debatable, the latter is not though I don't think

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Currently playing through TNO as it's been in my library since last year unplayed. Have TNC waiting on me as soon as I finish.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well beaten on medium mode (roughly the same time as TNO). Haven't really checked out the side quests yet, which I will probably take the difficulty down a notch when I get to them.

Wish it wasn't as frustrating as it was, but even then, the gameplay still has a lot of nice things about it, and when it shines, it really shines. Story and characters are just masterclass, with so many awesome cutscenes, and this game was just nuts.

Probably wouldn't be my GOTY (especially with BotW), but even with some quirks with the gameplay, it was still a wonderful ride to go through mostly. I hope this is successful, and thus would look forward to the next game!

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
It was a good balance between gameplay and cut scenes imo. They did a lot to give context of the events which would've been fairly limp without it, and contrast nicely with something like DOOM, which didn't have any, and didn't need any. Plus this and TNO both had the base exploration parts to develop everyone further. Both of the games did storytelling brilliantly in their own way.

Quite a few of the cutscenes were hilarious and even intense but I belong to an old guard that thinks a game should be mostly gameplay. More storytelling should have been done through audio and things you see ingame.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Quite a few of the cutscenes were hilarious and even intense but I belong to an old guard that thinks a game should be mostly gameplay. More storytelling should have been done through audio and things you see ingame.

?? I'm 20 hours into the game (playing on Death Incarnate, which does skew things a bit) and I've had maybe 90 minutes of cutscenes. By any measure, the game is "mostly" gameplay.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Considering that, as far as I can tell all games in the series are canon except maybe Spear of Destiny, BJ has to be one of the most well-developed action protags ever.

I think the Machine Games titles might be their own canon with some bits of RTWC and Wolf 2009.

I thought The Old Blood was bit of a re-imagining of RTWC or something through.

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
?? I'm 20 hours into the game (playing on Death Incarnate, which does skew things a bit) and I've had maybe 90 minutes of cutscenes. By any measure, the game is "mostly" gameplay.

People seem to be beating the game at much shorter times, 6-7 hours.

Perhaps your difficulty is adding many hours of gameplay.