• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Game is absolutely incredible up to the point I'm at. I'm 8 or 9 hours in at
the return to Manhattan before going to New Orleans
. Can anyone give me an estimate of about how much is left?

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome, can you say what it says in spoilers ? Never saw that.
Sure, so in the room with the
Anya topless dual wielding scene, there is a note from Hitler to Engel laying on the console. In it, he tells her how he's so happy he killed BJ single handed while piloting one of the advanced mechs that his scientist made for him. Says he "crushed BJ with his iron fist".

It has more info than that but I'm pulling from memory here lol.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as how they dropped boss battles completely from this game, I don't know if that is the direction they will take.

Hitler is portrayed as a dottering and paranoid old fool whose mind is clearly not what it used to be. I have no idea how they are going to make him into an effective villain
[/QUOTE]

This is very true but

It's such a strong way to end the trilogy even if they have no other boss fights I reckon they'll do a massive finale with BJ taking on Hitler or maybe the whole gang banding together to take Hitler on. Every Wolfenstein fan wants it and hell I think even MachineGames would want to do it since they are such big fans of the franchise. I hope I'm right anyway!

Sure, so in the room with the
Anya topless dual wielding scene, there is a note from Hitler to Engel laying on the console. In it, he tells her how he's so happy he killed BJ single handed while piloting one of the advanced mechs that his scientist made for him. Says he "crushed BJ with his iron fist".

It has more info than that but I'm pulling from memory here lol.

Thanks! The funny thing is I think I read that and forgot lol.

Oct 25, 2017
How do you leave a district after killing an Uberkommando? It gives you the option to leave after killing him but I chose to stay and find secrets and now I can't leave at all.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
18 hours in, searching for everything and about 80% level completion now, what a amazing game will replay this millions of times, simply put this game is a masterpiece alongside TitanFall 2 the best shooters in years.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm having a dumb moment - under what circumstances can you just walk over armor and health and when do you actually have to press the button?

I should have done a TNO run before this - only played with the Fergus choice and forgot some of the characters. I'll probably do it after I finish.

Cutscenes/characters/musical queues are so good in this game.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Got to play some last night. Got to 2nd level
with power armor
and am stuck.
Got to 1st set of commanders and killed everyone. I'm supposed to go in a room to a console. Can't figure out how to get in the room. All doors say you open somewhere else. For life of me, can't figure out where.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I'm having a dumb moment - under what circumstances can you just walk over armor and health and when do you actually have to press the button?

I should have done a TNO run before this - only played with the Fergus choice and forgot some of the characters. I'll probably do it after I finish.

Cutscenes/characters/musical queues are so good in this game.

It isn't clear and seems a bit buggy but I think:

Ammo and armor when the drop amount isn't more than the difference between your stock and the max
Health if it won't overcharge you

Also the walking part is important, sprinting over them seemed to work less or not at all.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Finished this last night and I feel pretty mixed about it. Really enjoyed the story but some of the difficulty spikes really kill the fun at points. Also, it's probably the worst PC port I've played in awhile. It ran well but it was so unstable - at least a dozen crashes during my session last night.

I'll probably replay once the technical issues are patched.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Finished this last night and I feel pretty mixed about it. Really enjoyed the story but some of the difficulty spikes really kill the fun at points. Also, it's probably the worst PC port I've played in awhile. It ran well but it was so unstable - at least a dozen crashes during my session last night.

I'll probably replay once the technical issues are patched.
I played the entire thing in one sitting with no patches. Not once in 11 hours did the game crash or performance fall. Full 60fps on max from start to finish.

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
So I just finished the main game. I'm going to let the game simmer for a few days before going back in for a run with all collectibles. I quite enjoyed my time with it, though I feel that it is a bit on the short side (I'm clocking in at around 9 hours with some idle time). It seems as though there are relatively few chapters to go through, and I would have liked maybe 1-2 more before the conclusion. As it stands, the ending is a little anti-climactic.

I will say I really enjoyed the post-capture sequence and the audition (including cameo).

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Same here, I admittedly didn't tinker with the settings at all (well apart from FOV) and went with whatever the game defaulted to and didn't have a single crash or issue.

to be fair, it started crashing more after I enabled the overlay manually and used the command to disable the head bobbing. But I still had a few lock ups before that.

otherwise yeah, the game did run very smoothly when it wasnt crashing to desktop.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
movement is way too fast imo, it just doesnt feel right... i like the story but gameplay seems to have gotten worse with this one ...

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Just met the Manhattan resistance. The mission after that is literally what the FUCK. I don't understand what you're supposed to do, the difficulty is way way way way higher than everything before, enemies come at you from everywhere and you die so fucking fast.

EDIT: Cheesed the whole thing. Managed to find a cubby hole on the bottom floor where I couldn't get fucked in the back, still died a ton of times before I finally got it. Thank god they autosave the game before the stupid jump to the helicopter, I really don't know why that isn't just a QTE or some shit. I might drop the difficulty after this, because that entire encounter is frankly awful.

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
uh...how do you exit a district if you choose to stay after getting the card?

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Damn, Wolfstone is addicting.
I laughed when the red soldier (SS officer in original) said "For Mother Russia" and "my life". Kreisau circle == communistic terror organization lol

The writing is so smart in this game, but then again they had the perfect political situation for inspiration, it's the perfect context a game will ever find itself in.
Articles are really well written. Also postcards, letters and journals.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
So is steam overlay not working for anyone else with this game? I even getting achievements, but they don't pop up when I get them.

Oct 25, 2017
Got to play some last night. Got to 2nd level
with power armor
and am stuck.
Got to 1st set of commanders and killed everyone. I'm supposed to go in a room to a console. Can't figure out how to get in the room. All doors say you open somewhere else. For life of me, can't figure out where.

If you're where I think you are then there's a grate you can crawl through to get into one of the rooms. I can't remember if it's a wall grate or a ground pound grate.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am on the bandwagon of those who enjoyed the ride.

However... the war map felt so pointless, beside the ability to... nnn... "complete" your arsenal.
There were no secret bosses and no cutscene rewards. At homebase nobody talked about the fact that all was done so there was no feeling of progress (except a one liner for side quests). Butcher of Boston or mighty master of killer-drones, they were dudes with a cap and a shotgun at a standard location, with nothing staged nor any new art asset (a few specific chit-chats among soldiers about their boss was all there was if i am not mistaken). That's a missed opportunity,... or the joke's on me... perhaps that was a statement about modern games. I won't fall for it next time.

Without heavy DRM, micro-transactions or loot boxes, since the game is good, the game was bought full price + extra. It deserves another episode, there is room for improvement in level design and enemy variety but the story was engaging.
For information, on a gtx970+core i7 on W7-64bits, the game felt well optimized and the only crash i had was my fault. Well done.

Bionicman

Oct 27, 2017
Long time Wolfenstein and Doom fan here, loved all the Id games since the early 90's and going to buy this as soon as I get paid but why is the game getting bad reviews on Steam? Is it a technical failure ? Or the usual alt-right review bombs?

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
movement is way too fast imo, it just doesnt feel right... i like the story but gameplay seems to have gotten worse with this one ...
report01uz4.jpg

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long time Wolfenstein and Doom fan here, loved all the Id games since the early 90's and going to buy this as soon as I get paid but why is the game getting bad reviews on Steam? Is it a technical failure ? Or the usual alt-right review bombs?
Looking quickly at the recent reviews, they seem legit.
Tech issues, sound issues, boring gameplay. I can't say i experienced the first two but the game was a bit boring at times due to health system and overall a bit boring guns.
Honestly inclined to think TNO was a bit better overall. This is not bad (nausea aside), and i would not say "i don't recommend". I can see why some would.

I didn't see see but a couple of small tech issues but bugs may be heavily system config dependent.
(My system is i5-6600K (no OC), R9 390 8GB and 16GB DDR4 memory, Xonar DGX soundcard, Windows 10.)

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't enjoy Wolfenstein 2, and I was a big Wolfenstein The New Order/The Old Blood fan. It didn't click. I was just spamming, not giving a shit. My soul's empty for Wolf 2. Maybe later.

That captured Caroline scene was awesome tho. It made my jaw drop.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Freaking hell at what I am guessing is the "final battle" of the game.

When you go to the top of Ausmerzer, and must deal with a bunch of Super Soldier that come in two at a time along with a group of soldiers. Kind of lame that there doesn't seem to be bosses per say.

I followed this steam page guide to re-enable. You need to update the game's launch settings.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1182794545

Okay it is working.

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to get downsampling working on PC? I tried going from 1440p down to 1080p but the image was zoomed in and cutting off most of the picture instead.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never played the first modern one.

I am loving the story and characters but I think the gameplay is TRASH. Can't figure out where to go in certain levels. The feedback when you're taking damage is awful and almost non existant. The feedback when you hit enemies is also bad. The gunplay feels off. Playing on Xbone btw, so I do concede its probably solid with a mouse instead.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I just finished the main story and it took 6 hours on Bring em on difficulty. I'm not really sure how I beat this game so fast, I didn't even try to speedrun.
I collected most collectibles, I didn't skip cutscenes and I even died multiple times. Oh well, it was still fun.

About ending:
It was a bit lackluster, I didn't expect that to be the ending. I was like "that's it?"

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never played the first modern one.

I am loving the story and characters but I think the gameplay is TRASH. Can't figure out where to go in certain levels. The feedback when you're taking damage is awful and almost non existant. The feedback when you hit enemies is also bad. The gunplay feels off. Playing on Xbone btw, so I do concede its probably solid with a mouse instead.

That's one of issues I'm having with this game; the almost non-existent feedback when you're taking damage. What the hell were they thinking.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After mid game with the new skills unlocked and my trusty double automatic shotguns, I'm having way more fun. Is a shame it kinda locks you out of these new mechanics for so long.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just ordered the first game with the dlc, alongside Wolfenstein 2. Can't wait to join you guys.