• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I seem to be in a fight that never ever ever ends????
court room?

nowhoney

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a great OT, nice job! I'm super excited to get around to this (why must there be so many great games releasing in such a short period of time!)

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I had forgotten that Wolfenstein isn't actually easy. But I'm having a lot of fun even when I'm dying so it's all good.
I agree with the people saying there is zero hit feedback. I've died so many times without even realizing my health was that low. People complain about jam being thrown on the screen in some games but this needs something to at least let you know you're about to die. I haven't got time to glance to the bottom of the screen to read some numbers when I'm in a gunfight with multiple nazi's.
I do agree with this tho. I just can't tell when I'm getting hit. I don't remember having this problem with The New Order or The Old Blood.

Fingerthing

Oct 27, 2017
In regards to spoilers

I absolutely don't see a third game without BJ as the main character, that's not something I would want and I doubt many other fans would want that either. I mean there's still Nazis to be killed and the place for him to go is to fight Hitler in a mech suit :) Until that happens I won't be satisfied. Now I'd be fine if they completed the trilogy and then did another Wolfenstein game as someone else as but BJ, for me, absolutely has to be the main character in 3 to finally bring down the Fuhrer once and for all. Plus we're getting those Freedom Chronicles DLC anyway for other perspectives. Or hell do a few different characters perspectives in Wolf 3, I'd be ok with that too, but BJs my boy he needs to be there.

True enough, I suppose. Mecha-Hitler is a must. I just struggle to see what more interesting things you can do with BJ by casting him as a player character. He'd absolutely be a huge part of a sequel, but maybe in another role. I love the jarhead too but you can only say "just one more fight" so many times before it gets ridiculous, you know? Anyway it's just speculation, it's more interesting how TNC works as a denouncement of the past game. BJ was a character fated for death, a remnant of the old way in the face of The New Order (hah), and was all too aware of this. But now in TNC his friends and family yank him out of that old mentality and calls it out for what it is - a selfish attempt at protecting himself from real, emotional consequences - which sets him on a path of recovery and, well, love! It's just that it shows by fighting. And that means killing nazis. But the point is, it's never just one more fight. I guess. So maybe it IS worth bringing him back... Hmm.

And also something about extending his life with an artificial body gotta be some kind of message right lmfao.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True enough, I suppose. Mecha-Hitler is a must. I just struggle to see what more interesting things you can do with BJ by casting him as a player character. He'd absolutely be a huge part of a sequel, but maybe in another role. I love the jarhead too but you can only say "just one more fight" so many times before it gets ridiculous, you know? Anyway it's just speculation, it's more interesting how TNC works as a denouncement of the past game - BJ as a character fated for death, a remnant of the old way in the face of The New Order (hah) - and yanks him out of that old mentality by his friends who care for him, calling out this thinking for what it is - self-destructive and selfish - which sets him on a path of recovery and, well, love! It's just that it shows by fighting. And that means killing nazis.

And also something about extending his life with an artificial body gotta be some kind of message right lmfao.

To be honest I think the only message with BJ getting a new body is that he's a bad ass mother fucker :P I love how comfortable he is afterwards "oooh yeah I'm ready to kill more Nazis!" In terms of BJs character I'm pretty sure the team can do something interesting with him in the third game. I'll be honest though, I'd be happy with him wisecracking whilst shooting Nazis that's how easily pleased I am! They spent 2 games building him up/tearing him down, I'd be fine if the third Wolf game was just all the characters killing Nazis and wisecracking

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see it's not just me in this thread, this game is...pretty fucking hard. Even dropping the difficulty pretty low I'm still getting killed a decent amount. I don't think I ever had these issues in TNO. Having said that, the story and writing in this game is just the top of the tops.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
9 hours in now, outta Roswell.

This game man, It is absolutely insanely amazing, words cannot describe the shit I've seen today.

I've been grinning like a Cheshire cat, had my mind blown and a dumb look upon my face on more than one occasion. The game is just MAD FUN, it is fucking crazy how fun this game is.

So far, I think it's actually on par with Half-Life 2, it has been that good to me, it is a phenomenal piece of work, absolutely incredible.

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i swear automatic pick up doesnt work half time, like a soldier drops his helmet and i still gotta pick it up, same with ammo half time

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Questions from a potential buyer: is the game as short as some people said? How sidequests work? Would you recommend this over Origins, even for a long AC fan( I love TNO and OB also).

Last edited:

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Questions from a potential buyer: is the game as short as some people said? How sidequests work? Would you recommend this over Origins, even for i long AC fan( I love TNO and OB also).

I'm 9 hours in and it feels like I'm barely a 1/3 of the way through, so definitely not short. There are sidequests for your comrades on your base, all quite basic (so far) but give a cool insight into their different personalities, motivations etc.

I'm a big AC fan too, and honestly if I only had the cash for this or AC:O, I would've gone with AC:O as that's where my heart is, but I bought both and boy am I glad I did, this has exceeded all my expectations by some margin. Origins is waiting until I've finished this.

Deleted member 13506

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Just finished the main story, took me around 9 hours on "Do or die!" difficulty. I did a 2-sitting marathon because I couldn't look away. There's some crazy shit in this game. The action is frantic and the weapons feel powerful. Although I disliked the mission hub, I can appreciate why it's there.

This game is stunning on PC (4770K/GTX1080), and IMO runs very well even with the settings cranked (ultra?) at 1440p. id Tech 6 is crazy.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About halfway through..

It really FEELS like you are encouraged to run and gun (music, badass comments etc), but with all the hitscan enemies you are forced to play it like a stealth/cover game. I dropped the difficulity and it is way more fun not covering all the time.. that said it is still not as run and gun as i would like

Also why do i have to press a button to pick up armor/health etc?

After Doom 2016 these two things REALLY annoy me

Last edited:

MASTER MENACE

Oct 25, 2017
In A State Of Trance
Anyone know if you still have to use a button prompt to pick up ammo/health/armor? Or can you enable auto-pick up when moving over it?
Edit: Just read the thread above me...shame. That's what stopped me from beating the previous game. Such an dumb mechanic that ruins the flow. Just make it like DOOM ffs.

Guess I'll never play the game now.

Oct 25, 2017
Questions from a potential buyer: is the game as short as some people said? How sidequests work? Would you recommend this over Origins, even for i long AC fan( I love TNO and OB also).

My first run took 18 hours and I took my time and explored but still missed a ton of side content and missions. Side quests take place during the hub where you use a map to access side missions.

I would but I don't like Assassins Creed and want this to sell well enough to get more lol.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Really pleasantly surprised with how this game runs on my PC. I saw the specs and the minimum being a GTX 770 and thought "uh oh", as my card is a 780 6GB. In the starting area though I can hit 60fps at 1080p with everything on High (and a couple of settings on Ultra). Not sure if that will change later in the game in other areas and I'll have to dial the settings back, but considering when I saw the specs I thought I'd be playing on a mix of medium and low settings, I'm very pleased with how it runs.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if you still have to use a button prompt to pick up ammo/health/armor? Or can you enable auto-pick up when moving over it?
Edit: Just read the thread above me...shame. That's what stopped me from beating the previous game. Such an dumb mechanic that ruins the flow. Just make it like DOOM ffs.

Items do pick up my walking over them but it can be pretty janky.

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing on the easiest difficulty. I feel like the "right way to pkay" on harder ones is to use cover a lot and stealth, but that's not fun for this kind of game.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017

Auto-pickups are enabled by default, it's just pretty finicky.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Thanks for the answers guys, ill buy Wolf 2 instead of Origins, i gave AC and Ubi more chances than they deserve. I also want to see the end of this trilogy, if the game director keeps his promises. 3 needs to be wilder tho.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Campaign finished.
Overall pretty good though this felt like it enforced stealth a bit more than Wolf TNO. At least until i got a contraption.
I am a bit dissatisfied with the end but that's just me. Felt a tad abrupt. That said, the game has incredible amount of good sections and scenes, so i'm not too bothered by that.

However, i will not be replaying this or getting DLC unless the game gets an option to disable headbob. It is just too much for me, borderline nauseating (very rare for me in games). Because of this, i feel i paid a bit too much for this :/

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Campaign finished.
Overall pretty good though this felt like it enforced stealth a bit more than Wolf TNO. At least until i got a contraption.
I am a bit dissatisfied with the end but that's just me. Felt a tad abrupt. That said, the game has incredible amount of good sections and scenes, so i'm not too bothered by that.

However, i will not be replaying this or getting DLC unless the game gets an option to disable headbob. It is just too much for me, borderline nauseating (very rare for me in games). Because of this, i feel i paid a bit too much for this :/

Not official but people have been saying that this has worked well http://steamcommunity.com/app/612880/discussions/0/1479856439031296705/

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Some notes after couple of hours:
- Sound mixing (all profiles) is weird just like in TNO
- Works well on 2600k / 970 with high 60 fps 1440p, some bugs encountered such as visible mouse cursor popping up
- Hit indicators are not visible enough, sometimes it's hard to see you are actually taking damage
- The enemy AI seems to be quite simple, firefights are more like whack-a-mole just like in the first one
- Picking up items still annoying and you end up mashing pickup key anyways
- Narrative, characters, environments & alternate history stuff are still awesome

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On medium the AI does attempt flanking (surprised me a couple of times) and it does throw grenades if you hole somewhere. But given how weak you're for most of the game, i figure they left the AI dumb on purpose.
Also, whether AI can do anything depends on your style, i noticed it is kinda bad in face of aggression. And area matters too, it is better in open areas, i think.

Also, there is auto-pickup but it does not apply to all items.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017

Gotta try that, thanks! Because if it solves the problem for me, i figure i can get the DLC as well.

it works but it can introduce a ton of bugs. there's been a few cutscenes, in engine not pre rendered, where the camera doesnt go where it supposed to because everything seems tied to bj's head and turning head bob off detaches the camera.

Oct 25, 2017
does the penthouse fight time out eventually and you're just saved? I stealth killed a few people and emp'd the mechanical soldier and then a helicopter flew in. Previously, I had tried to run and gun and had to fight many more soldiers before dying.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
- Sound mixing (all profiles) is weird just like in TNO
- Hit indicators are not visible enough, sometimes it's hard to see you are actually taking damage
- The enemy AI seems to be quite simple, firefights are more like whack-a-mole just like in the first one
- Picking up items still annoying and you end up mashing pickup key anyways
Basically my problems with the game so far as well.

The game even started off with the cinematic audio preset or whatever, and after trying out all three presets, I'm pretty sure TV ended up being the best, while still being really shitty.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it works but it can introduce a ton of bugs. there's been a few cutscenes, in engine not pre rendered, where the camera doesnt go where it supposed to because everything seems tied to bj's head and turning head bob off detaches the camera.
Shit... basically one probably should disable it before cutscenes?
Still, perhaps it is worth trying.
I really don't want to play it again as it is.

Will I get permanent health boost later on? 50 seems way too low.
Yup.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I don't know if I'm being crazy fella's but about 3 hours in and I have to say the gunplay isn't nearly as satisfying as New Order was to me. Did it take a while to click for any of you?

Also why in the hell do I not pick up HEALTH, AMMO & ARMOR AUTOMATICALLY

Oct 25, 2017
are there health and armour increase pickups that I'm just missing? I really liked the collectables in TNO, but it looks like it's just weapon upgrades this time, and they're so easy to miss because they don't stand out at all. :|

I don't know if I'm being crazy fella's but about 3 hours in and I have to say the gunplay isn't nearly as satisfying as New Order was to me. Did it take a while to click for any of you?
it has started to warm up for me. I'm playing on PC (hard mode), and some of the crazy things you can do while running from one side of a massive arena to the other in a second or two is really cool. My enjoyment of the game fucking tripled once I let go of my collectionist scouring of every nook and cranny and allowed myself to just roll with fucked up stealth attempts rather than reloading.

Deleted member 1777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does the penthouse fight time out eventually and you're just saved? I stealth killed a few people and emp'd the mechanical soldier and then a helicopter flew in. Previously, I had tried to run and gun and had to fight many more soldiers before dying.

Pretty certain you need to kill them all.

Just watching some of DraQus initial playthrough on Twitch replay here and 'I Am Death Incarnate' difficulty honestly looks like no fun at all, at least to me.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think I'm about 70% through the game and I just want to put some thoughts out there.

I'm so happy they fixed the audio issues from the first game. I replayed it a week ago and the crackling sound effects and weird mixing was the worst. All those problems seem to be entirely gone now and it sounds pretty good. The soundtrack is also a lot better. TNO had a good soundtrack but it wasn't Mick Gordan's finest but this one that has some killer tracks.

The gameplay itself is greatly improved. The weapons seem like they pack more of a punch (especially the shotguns) and the way dual wielding is handled is the best I've seen.

So far, I have three real issues with the game. The level design is really lacking with not enough interesting areas and everything feels too short. The pacing is all over the place due to the constant need for cutscenes over single decently length levels like TNO. The side "assassination" missions are honestly pretty bad. They try to fluff them up by changing the layouts and adding extra stuff but they're just filler.

I wasn't so sure on the story before this point with BJ being depressed and all. Watching him getting decapitated and given a new super body made everything return to the crazy and fun shit that I loved from TNO. I'm really happy right now but I feel like it should have happened sooner.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are there health and armour increase pickups that I'm just missing? I really liked the collectables in TNO, but it looks like it's just weapon upgrades this time, and they're so easy to miss because they don't stand out at all. :|
You will get a one-time health upgrade at certain point in the story.

Also why in the hell do I not pick up HEALTH, AMMO & ARMOR AUTOMATICALLY

There is partial ammo and armor pickup. But only for dropped items, not pre-placed ones.

IMO the game's guns suffer from being... boring. the shotgun has lost some of its luster and otherwise i just went with dual wield assault rifles. Stealth feels like it is harder so i didn't use the pistol really.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County

it has started to warm up for me. I'm playing on PC (hard mode), and some of the crazy things you can do while running from one side of a massive arena to the other in a second or two is really cool. My enjoyment of the game fucking tripled once I let go of my collectionist scouring of every nook and cranny and allowed myself to just roll with fucked up stealth attempts rather than reloading.

Rez that is exactly what I'm doing! I'm trying to collect everything. Plus I swear I'm the most imprecise marksman of all time in this game. If I get a headshot its dumb luck not skill

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
So many of the game's problems are exacerbated by the decision to start you out with 50 health. Once you go back to 100 health maximum/default, these issues are a lot more tolerable. I get it from a storytelling perspective, but halving your health at the start was just a bad design decision.