• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Just opened my CE, I was not expecting the Terror Billy doll and it's accesories to be this high quality. It's really just like an old school GI Joe figure.

I need more of these.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Game's really effective with the atmosphere right from the start.
Was really hard to listen and watch the husband spout his hatred, but damn does it make for a powerful scene. Was also hard to go through the dog and shotgun scene, and I kept hoping there was some "trick" that would pop up to take care of the husband and save the dog. Of course, it doesn't work that way, and I was left genuinely relieved when that flashback ended. Tough to watch, but the game really sets up the atmosphere so well.
You don't have to shoot the dog. I aimed up and to the right and the father chastised me for being weak and shot the dog, anyway. :(

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Man I just got back from a session of playing more Wolfenstein 2. Man that room in NY state building was a pain to get past. Died a lot. That was a challenging room.

HeyMel

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Is this game weirdly dark for anyone else? I'm having difficulties spotting enemies.

The brightness option just makes it washed out.

Wondering if it's stuck on some weird HDR mode due to my tv being hooked up as a third display.

Skitso

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I was really ready to love this game, but... I just can't. There's too many things that bug me out.

Firstly, my PS4 pro is in constant turbine mode. It's literally so loud I can't hear the dialogue without playing with headphones and high volume. No other game has been even close to this. Absolutely unacceptable. I'd love to see a low detail 1080p mode so my console wouldn't sound like it's about to fly out of the window. Oh well, at least the game looks absolutely amazing.

Sound mix/design is ONCE AGAIN messed up. Guns sound weak, dialogue is too quiet, cut scenes are on different volume level than rest of the game etc. I have a high end hifi system and for some reason Bethesda/id tech games always sound lackluster.

Gunplay is fun and feels great, but frustrating gamepay mechanics (too accurate and deadly enemies, too low health, not knowng when I'm hit) make it hard to enjoy it.

Somehow it feels this game doesn't know what it wants to be, or at least fails to signal how it's meant to be played. It's no Doom, thats for sure. :/

Last edited:

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was really ready to love this game, but... I just can't. There's too many things that bug me out.

Firstly, my PS4 pro is in constant turbine mode. It's literally so loud I can't hear the dialogue without playing with headphones and high volume . No other game has been even close to this. Absolutely unacceptable. I'd love to see a low detail 1080p mode so my console would be more silent.

Sound mix/design is ONCE AGAIN messed up. Guns sound weak, dialogue is too quiet, cut scenes are on different volume level than rest of the game etc. I have a high end hifi system and for some reason Bethesda/id tech games always sound lackluster.

Gunplay is fun and feels great, but frustrating gamepay mechanics (too accurate and deadly enemies, too low health, not knowng when I'm hit) make it hard to enjoy it.

Somehow it feels this game doesn't know what it wants to be. It's no Doom, thats for sure. :/

I noticed on PS4 tonight that the default audio settings have dialogue at 50% while music and game sounds are at 100%. Definitely adjust those. The music gets VERY loud sometimes. I'd prefer to hear the dialogue over ambient noise as well. (I adjusted the settings as I was getting off for the night, so I don't know how much it'll change yet.)

definedMF

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto Canada
That opening was stellar. Man idTech 6 is really so good. Machinegames really went into this game, like this game clearly had a a much higher budget around it. Like the little animation details I've seen in 1.5 hours is insane.

Also anyone who hasn't, try slowly climbing up the ladder. The animation plays slowly and naturally.

So far machine games might have created my favorite FPS of the gen.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Man it's hard stealthing. so far I put silencers on my weapons because I'm really trying to stealth more. More often than not, it's myself that makes me seen and had to go in gun blazing.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
This game and Titanfall 2 are tied for best FPS this gen for me. (only 3 hour in but I thoroughly enjoy it)

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so goddamn good. I love it. I love the story, I love the characters. Sigrunds and Sets interaction in the ship is fucking fantastic and I had a smile the whole time.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game weirdly dark for anyone else? I'm having difficulties spotting enemies.

The brightness option just makes it washed out.

Wondering if it's stuck on some weird HDR mode due to my tv being hooked up as a third display.

I think the problem is that the game adjust your "eyes" because of the bright muzzle flash while you are shooting in dark rooms. Which makes the room become even darker until you stop shooting for a while and the room becomes brighter again. I have only gone through the opening mission so far, but it was extremely hard keeping track of what you were shooting in dark areas because of that.

StevePharma

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Game has a really strong opening but I'm getting extremely anxious about the PSPro fan going into overdrive on all these new games. I'm scared sometimes to play for long sessions. I can handle the occasional fan frenzy though when I pause Horizon Zero Dawn on the map screen or go to the Nioh blacksmith (which seems framerate related somehow), but this is different. Hopefully something can be done about it either software or hardware related. Pretty interesting to see if the X-version has the same problems or if that one is more silent.

On topic though, we need a Blitzmensch cartoon. Studio MDHR get on it!

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I'm having a really hard time looking down the gun sights and consistently hitting guys where I want. I feel like so much of the view is covered up by your weapon. Any of you guys dealing with this

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Amazon UK have cocked up my delivery , Should have had this yesterday but now its stuck in a chester Royal Mail depot??!! I live miles away from chester!! Reading everyones posts is making me want it even more and being equally more angry at Amazon UK!!

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a really hard time looking down the gun sights and consistently hitting guys where I want. I feel like so much of the view is covered up by your weapon. Any of you guys dealing with this

I've always felt that TNO and now II aren't meant to be played using ADS unless there's a scope. It definitely feels mega hard to see guys when you are aiming down sights. Basically everything is iron sights and those are useless. I don't know if there are any penalties to not aiming down the sights, it doesn't feel like there are.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think this is a game you have to play shooting from the hip. I never played the last Wolfenstein but yeah. I am not using the iron sights.

Game is good. Think the insane hype doesn't do it any favors though. It has its flaws.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I did not expect my Terror Billy edition to be so big... I wonder if some old GI Joe outfits would fit him...

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I've always felt that TNO and now II aren't meant to be played using ADS unless there's a scope. It definitely feels mega hard to see guys when you are aiming down sights. Basically everything is iron sights and those are useless. I don't know if there are any penalties to not aiming down the sights, it doesn't feel like there are.

Awww yeah I think your right. Okay thanks

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering how they were going to top the
nightmare! stage segments
from the first two games and LOL

Those cheeky devs put the entirety of Wolf3D in the game in universe as Wolfstone, the game where you play as a heroic nazi that grousomely murders the Kreisau Circle members. The best part is that out of everyone thats played it, blasko him self had the second lowest score.

I was crying with laughter

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this game!
The wheelchair stuff
at the beginning was amazingly well done.

Killing nazis is just as fun as ever and this one is a bit more violent than new order.

ShaiKhulud

Oct 27, 2017
Kazan, Russia
I'm right in the middle (?) of the campaign and I must say, even after stellar TNO I'm über pleased with the narrative. The sheer speed, talent and focus in tonal shifting from Iron Sky to Schindler's List is fantastic. The story in TNC is even more weird, humane and lovely than it was in TNO. Gameplay is perfectly fine also, but my god, some scenes and themes here are totally freaking bananas.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn is this game difficult. I'm playing it on "Bring it on" setting (medium?) and it feels tougher than "hard" on the Wolfie 1. Particularly, the the time to death is very short.

Zeb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got stuck in the first mission because didn't know where to go. Not sure if it was the right decision for devs to introduce ANY sort of environmental puzzle (yeah, not exactly a puzzle but anyway) in the first section of the game.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've had a weird bug where sometimes I'm fighting one of the armored / ubersoldiers and my bullets seem to go right through them. Very weird.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I'm satisfied so far, but if I'd be lying if I said I said this was acing The New Order. As I suspected, America is just a nowhere near as interest as a setting for me personally as Europe, even Nazi occupied America. The states are so overdone in as a setting in video game I find it hard to muster interest in the location. But more of note, I'm getting tired of the continuous enter area, two commanders ages away, hunt for them in sprawling setting design. I don't remember The New Order being this on the nose and repetitive with this trope and I'm already bored of it, feeling its predecessor did a far more balanced pacing of commander areas versus straight up action and exploration. There's still a lot of the game to go and I'm very early, but yeah. Satisfied, but not blown away. The opening was strong, thankfully.

Oh and also; either the game is bugged or the choice to have body awareness and associated assets has resulted in some textures looking frankly godawful compared to both The New Order and The Old Blood, both of which had their own texture issues. In particular the main assault rifle with the scope upgrade. Whereas in both TNO and TOB number and logo decals were clean and visible, here they're a tragic blurry mess. Like just fucking awful. What I assume is supposed to be logo branding on the scope is literally a big white smudge of shit, whereas the Nazi craftmanship branding was clear as day on the TOB's scope.

It's not a major issue, but sticks out like a sore thumb giving I finished TNC's predecessors again quite recently.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Been playing for maybe fifteen minuites so far and i have laughed more times than i thought i would this early.
Just the concept of rolling around in a wheelchair on board a u-boat shooting nazis. But the nazi during the first cut-scene who tip-toes right into the electric trap takes the cake.
So funny!

Bogard

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice to hear the game is doing well. A friend and I were both curious about it. Now I need to catch up and play the others first.

Oct 27, 2017
The start of this game is strong as hell. As well the first actual level and its location is so messed up. Plus so far every time the soundtrack starts to kick in I want to duel-wield and kill every Nazi In sight. Though being on the 3rd highest difficulty makes that not work out too well.

As well I usually don't do it but I've been trying to read every bit of story pieces because how interesting it is. Especially the info of what's going on the American side as the war continued to look worse and worse.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how many collectibles there are. Not sure if I'm gonna read them all through to the end of the game, they kinda mess with the flow and some feel insignificant.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Been playing for maybe fifteen minuites so far and i have laughed more times than i thought i would this early.
Just the concept of rolling around in a wheelchair on board a u-boat shooting nazis. But the nazi during the first cut-scene who tip-toes right into the electric trap takes the cake.
So funny!

Not many games can pull off humor. This one does it pretty well :)