• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
That opening though. Holy shit!

This is why we need more single player games. Nothing else can deliver such intensity.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Started Wolfenstein 2 for the first time and hearing that main menu theme.

tenor.gif

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is sounding like a fucking awesome game. Bethseda's been on fire with this and Doom. Any word on whether a demo is coming? I'd love to play this but not sure my machine can handle it (quad-core Intel i5-7300HQ, 8GB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050 2GB).

Doom runs like a dream on this machine and this is the same engine correct? So guess it could run decently. Demo or should I just take the risk? Opinions?

EDIT: I should add I did post my specs in the PC performance thread but no-one responded. Hence asking here.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Love The New Order, but found it gave me motion sickness if I played it for too long in one sitting, which is pretty uncommon for me. I guess it might have been something to do with the POV on PS4.

If anyone here experienced something similar, how does the second game compare? I'm debating whether or not it would be viable for Extra Life. Leaning toward playing it safe, given my history with the franchise, but I really want to dig in soon.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very honored to be a part of Reset ERA. Also very happy to make my very first post in this thread.

This game is BONKERS! Those first two hours are absolutely jaw-dropping.

Playing on PS4 Pro and VERY happy with the visuals and performance.

This is a huge step up in terms of gameplay and storytelling from the first, and I loved the first game.

I mean, holy shit. Those opening moments are so hard-hitting. I was convinced they had killed BJ in TNO. But to see him again, in the state that he's in, with those fucking flashbacks? Just...damn!

What. A. Game!!!

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on PS4 Pro experiencing some stuttering? Feels like a frame pacing issue or something. Not bad, just noticeable. Playing at 1080p if that makes a difference.

intheflorsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's some genuinely unhinged stuff in this game. And it keeps upping the ante with every hour. Like that
audition
scene. whew

rbanke

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Not too far in but man I'm loving it every bit as much as The New Order. The intro was amazing.

I'm playing it on PC and keep feeling like the key mappings are a bit awkward but can't quite put my finger on what feels out of place, any suggestions on better mappings? After playing shooters on consoles for so many years and finally building a new gaming PC, I fear I might just be out of practice with KB/Mouse.

Also, I bought the physical edition for the Amazon discount and thought it was pretty awesome that the disc case comes with the same reversible cover as the console editions.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Finally got around to this and went through the first three levels or so. This game is just already kicking some serious ass. It feels sooo good, and the narrative is pretty strong for now.

Also this game seems harder than TNO and TOB.

CupONoodos

Oct 27, 2017
Not too far in but man I'm loving it every bit as much as The New Order. The intro was amazing.

I'm playing it on PC and keep feeling like the key mappings are a bit awkward but can't quite put my finger on what feels out of place, any suggestions on better mappings?

I changed my controls to have F as melee, Q as weapon select wheel, and G as grenade. Everything else is pretty much the same.

I wish they added a toggle for ironsights as I play all my PC FPS games with toggle. Not a deal breaker as I've been mostly hip firing the entire time since iron sights obscures your vision like crazy.

Also, really wish this game had the classic Lean Left and Lean Right as dedicated buttons. Not enjoying the Lean button at all and end up not using it that much honestly.

Oct 25, 2017
Really fun so far, on the third level.

A couple of things though:
1) aiming down sights seems like a bad idea. Everything is dark all the time so I feel like I'm WAY less accurate. I felt this way about the first game too, I'm just spraying bullets everywhere.
2) this is made much worse by the fact that for a tough guy, BJ dies in about 3 bullets. I'm on the normal difficulty and some spots, especially a few where it's forced combat with endless reinforcements as you scramble around a dark area looking for that damn commander who is supposed to be 5-10 ft away, are crazy. Like... the game wants you to run and gun but punishes you immediately the second you are anywhere out in the open. If I creep around with a hatchet it's easier but I wanna play this more like Doom since it feels so quick and smooth.
3) mashing x to pick up health/ammo is fucking stupid. Was in the first game. Is in this game.
4) They could not have made the item highlights more subtle. Is there an option to turn them pink or something?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Anyone on PC playing this on a controller? 5 hours into this and I still am not used to the KB + M. IDK what it, is this game feels off, I've been fiddeling with key bindings forever now.

Also I don't like the weapon wheel in this game, it feels maybe clunky on the keyboard? Thoughts?

Played it on an Xbox One controller (elite) while I was doing some benchmarking. Wasn't too bad, but definitely as refined as the KB+M. Agreed, not liking the weapon wheel at all.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Is it just me or is leaning a little bit finnicky? I don't remember ever having a problem in the first game, but in this it seems that if I lean anywhere near an object or a corner there's a 50% chance I wind up jerking back and forth wildly.

Otherwise, yeah, this is pretty fucking good so far.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Game's really effective with the atmosphere right from the start.
Was really hard to listen and watch the husband spout his hatred, but damn does it make for a powerful scene. Was also hard to go through the dog and shotgun scene, and I kept hoping there was some "trick" that would pop up to take care of the husband and save the dog. Of course, it doesn't work that way, and I was left genuinely relieved when that flashback ended. Tough to watch, but the game really sets up the atmosphere so well.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game's being weird with checkpoints. I'll get to one with very low health and then die and it'll spawn me with someone shooting at me. So death spiral.

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so weird man. I just got caught in a low health checkpoint loop so I was checkpointing into a insta-death situation. Plus one level I'm tearing through Nazis like they don't exist and in this mission they're wrecking me before I can even move.

I had no issues like this in The New Order that's for sure.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so weird man. I just got caught in a low health checkpoint loop so I was checkpointing into a insta-death situation. Plus one level I'm tearing through Nazis like they don't exist and in this mission they're wrecking me before I can even move.

I had no issues like this in The New Order that's for sure.

Read two posts above yours lmao

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Well this is sounding like a fucking awesome game. Bethseda's been on fire with this and Doom. Any word on whether a demo is coming? I'd love to play this but not sure my machine can handle it (quad-core Intel i5-7300HQ, 8GB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050 2GB).

Doom runs like a dream on this machine and this is the same engine correct? So guess it could run decently. Demo or should I just take the risk? Opinions?

EDIT: I should add I did post my specs in the PC performance thread but no-one responded. Hence asking here.

Bare minimum requirements lists 4GB video cards, so unfortunately I don't think you'd do too well with the 1050 2GB.

LevityNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah so I tried the game on Bring it On, but holy fuck damage detection is awful.

I have no idea when I'm getting shot. They need to fix that.

After a couple of missions, I had to dial it back to the default difficulty. It just wanted fun at all.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on PS4 Pro experiencing some stuttering? Feels like a frame pacing issue or something. Not bad, just noticeable. Playing at 1080p if that makes a difference.

Definitely. On top of that I noticed some very strange artifacts on the horizon above the water in
Manhattan
right at the start. A bit further I just stopped getting on screen prompts when I picked up collectibles. Where before it was telling me what kind I got and showing the TouchPad icon. Just now after choosing to exit to main menu, it froze after choosing accept. Had to use PS button and choose Close Application.

Not very reassuring on top of the stupidly loud fan that I've never had until this game.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I know I am going to get laughed to hell at here but is there any way to turn down the recoil? A file to edit? I get that it is realistic with the recoil and weight of the weapons but I am playing with a controller on PC (another reason to laugh at me) and I am bobbing all over the damn place.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Installed the game, went with the reccomended settings, had EXTREME screen tearing anytime the camera moved up or down. I went in, lowered all the settings, it didn't fix it. Ran Geforce Experience, it said that all my settings should be HIGHER than what the game thought, so I did that, and the tearing went away.

Weird!

Oct 25, 2017
the wheelchair stuff was very showy -- i like

the entire first act was surprisingly effective. I mean, lots of anonymous indoor places weren't the best parts of TNO, so it's a tad concerning, but I'm not worried yet

is this game as long and varied as TNO?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Ran into a weird thing with my steam link. Tried to play my game through it and only audio was coming through but video stayed on my computer monitor. Only game that has done that (I was playing Cuphead moments before this finished installing). Anyone else encounter this? know of a fix?

NotUS

Oct 27, 2017
Love The New Order, but found it gave me motion sickness if I played it for too long in one sitting, which is pretty uncommon for me. I guess it might have been something to do with the POV on PS4.

If anyone here experienced something similar, how does the second game compare? I'm debating whether or not it would be viable for Extra Life. Leaning toward playing it safe, given my history with the franchise, but I really want to dig in soon.
I had the same issue with New Order, I could only play it in small doses before having to put it down.

Played Wolf 2 last night, before I knew it, 2 hours has passed, no motion sickness at all.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im waiting until i get my xbox one x to play alot that has come out recently, but i plan on picking this up in the b2g1 at target. I fell off the first but i was really impressed with this games e3 presentation.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
BTW, the deluxe edition is pretty swell. The packaging is perfect. The figure is really well made, the guns, the clothes, all of it very well done and high quality, unlike a lot of other videogame toy thingies I've seen. I just sorta wished he had "real" hair fuzz like the old GI-Joe figures it's based on.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game just kicks you in the ass from minute one, more games need to just go for it like Wolfenstein II does. Played 3 hours and it's living up to my lofty expectations. It's the perfect game at the perfect time, Machine Games and Bethesda deserve all the recognition they can get for this game.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Bare minimum requirements lists 4GB video cards, so unfortunately I don't think you'd do too well with the 1050 2GB.

Ah okay. Thanks for responding. You may have just saved me the cash on the PC version.

I've had a think about it and I think this might be worth getting an Xbox One for. Was thinking about getting a console anyway and the rave reviews for this are tempting me.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question, did the release the live action videos that they showed off in the Bethesda conference? Or is that an unlockable?

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Wow. As much as I love the game itself, the constant inner monologue from BJ may be what's keeping me tethered to this game the most. There is so much character conveyed through such simple, short lines. New Order had a bunch of memorable ones, but the stuff with him
talking to Caroline
has just been so heartfelt and kind of touching that its blowing a lot of that out of the water for me.

noatak

Oct 27, 2017
The general presentation of this game is amazing. Love some of the set pieces. But just like with TEW2 I'm disappointed that some of the character models didn't make the transition to the new game. Anya and Wyatt for instance look really flat and boring... their original models had so much more personality.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I had a REALLY hard time going through the beginning of the game with
the dad and that and feeling of powerlessness and the animal brutality. I almost refunded the game.