• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Good, not great, intro so far. Still:
stuck on the submarine and just started roaming Section F.
Don't know why, but never dug this type of environment, not even in the first game, so starting with it is... eh. Curious to see how the game continues to develop.

I'm playing on one of the harder available difficulties, and the game is quite hard from the get-go. Can't even imagine trying the "Mein Leben" level any time this decade.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Visual style, gameplay of this game reminds me of Riddick and F.E.A.R. This is super cool.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't started the game so I can't comment on this yet, but one thing I really loved about The New Order was the variety of locations. By the time you're finished you've assaulted a castle, sneaked on to a U-boat, gone undercover on the moon, hopped across a collapsing bridge and caused a prison breakout. I never got bored with the locations.
Haven't played TNC yet, but the problem with TNO'S variety was that every level looked the same because everything was gray. That game had practically no art design.

I'm hoping this one has more color

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
No chapter select? I havent been scouring maps super thoroughly for secrets because I assumed there was one that I could go back later for stuff. lol

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
My collector's edition order with Best Buy has been delayed. They say I'll at least get it by Nov. 26th. Good thing I cracked and bought it off CDkeys last night I guess.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is from playing at a higher difficulty but does BJ always have only 50 health? I'm a good few hours in (At the
rocket train
) and it seems like it's not going away.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint with this game is not knowing where I'm getting shot from sometimes, a bit hard to tell.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Steam overlay doesn't want to work with this game. Anyone have the same problem?
I think the reason for that is that Wolf II currently runs exclusively on the Vulkan API and the Steam Overlay has problems with that, afaik. I also have the same issue, so I use Afterburner for screenshots.

Case in point, MSI Afterburner shows Vulkan as the API and there is no option in the game whatsoever to change it. Don't know about a potential possibility to change it in the ini/cfg.

ihuYEsT.jpg

Last edited:

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Along with chapter select, would be nice if they patched in new game plus, so we could replay through the alternate route while getting the rest of the collectibles.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I got about an hour in last night and excited see where the game takes me. Really enjoyed everything so far, had to drop the sentivity options down pretty far thigh. Felt super twitchy at first on PS4.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That game had practically no art design.

This is so many levels of wrong...

TNO has an unmistakable dystopian art direction, that which coupled with Nazi German iconography which is pretty sleek itself is absolutely engrossing.

You're equating a desaturated visual style with poor art direction which is a much more broad term. Colour vibrancy is merely one of the areas that make up are direction.

With your criteria you could argue that games like Limbo, Inside and Killzone had "practically no art design".

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

TNO has an unmistakable dystopian art direction, that which coupled with Nazi German iconography which is pretty sleek itself is absolutely engrossing.

You're equating a desaturated visual style with poor art direction which is a much more broad term. Colour vibrancy is merely one of the areas that make up are direction.

With your criteria you could argue that games like Limbo, Inside and Killzone had "practically no art design".

Agreed. I always thought the lack of colour was intentional. The Nazis won the war. They'd flattened housing in London to build the London Nautica. Berlin is concrete building after concrete building. The surroundings at the prison camp are so bleak it feels like the world is dying. The Nazis had sucked all the colour out of the world.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
are the BSOD still happening?

I had a LOT of issues with alt-tab (I wish I had a second monitor ;_;) and no matter if I selected Borderless Window or Fullscreen, it never was smooth and I got a few BSOD. Also the V-sync wasn't working for me at all: either had a ton of tearing or the game would lock up.

I ended up using Borderless Gaming for the first tme in a long time since most games have been launching with functional Borderless Window modes and it's worked really well. Tearing is gone, I can alt-tab super fluidly and the nvidia hook for recording/screenshots is even working (even though it is technically capturing "Desktop" now). It's made the game a lot more enjoyable for me on PC.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Great job on the Op! Gunna pick this up as soon as I get paid lol.

Is there a good recap video of the previous game and its DLC? I never finished the campaign of the first game and tried going back but theres just too much out atm and between work and school I just dont have time.

Edit: Found this one:

Also, Anyone know if Nvidia Geforce Experiance will auto detect the best settings for the PC version?

Last edited:

Liamario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I change the resolution to 1080p it just zooms in cutting off a good chunk of the screen. Any ideas how to fix this?

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
Unlocked early and played last night for a little over 3 hours and I can't stop thinking about certain moments. The first hour or so was fucking incredible.

An hour in and holy shit

this game

my thoughts exactly.

Whenever I change the resolution to 1080p it just zooms in cutting off a good chunk of the screen. Any ideas how to fix this?

try switching to either borderless windowed or borderless fullscreen, same thing happened to me when I set to 1440p.

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon

Absolutely. "Desaturated palette = poor art" is a bad perception of art in general. I get that some people prefer vibrant colors, but it's not the only way to go about it. In Wolfenstein the design of everything mechanical alone deserves big props.

Gimpy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why because I've never had this with literally any game ever, even in VR, but I am getting such bad motion sickness when I play this. I don't know whether there is some sort of subtle microstutter or something that is causing it, or that there is something else going on, but I feel genuinely nauseated when playing it. So odd, never experienced motion sickness in any form before this, gaming or otherwise

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

I getcha, thanks for clearing that up

I mean the way they visualize the Nazi takeover of America was effective, but the actual levels themselves were to dull for me
And yes Killzone has no art design : p