• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Man the RNG gods must hate me. Level 32 now and im still stuck with that god damn staff that shocks me since level 15. Been finding everything but staves.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I'm level 10 and my damage output is nowhere near that. I'm playing a mage. My staff does like 40 damage at most. My spells do better but not by much. Might have to modify my build a bit, otherwise the dreaded act 1 boss is going to kick my ass.
Is there any way to sell the spells I have leveled up but don't use anymore? The spear thing is just too good. Want to invest everything I have in that and a gollum summon (as a tank).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if dots can crit in this? I'm building kind of a crit poison build with that dagger rush down attack, I forgot the name of it. It's pretty good so far, but I worry I'm wasting points by dumping them both into crit and poisons if they don't build off of each other.

only with a certain passive node

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
From Discord:

"We continue our efforts day and night with our partner to bring back Online servers. We can already share with you that the servers will not come back Online before tomorrow 12 PM UTC. We will keep you informed if anything changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

...welp.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn shame because I have been having a lot of fun offline. Having the game not be playable online for a full day on launch weekend is going to hurt them quite a bit. Really unfortunate.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh you can re-roll gem sockets btw, whoever it was yesterday that was talking about having a offensive 1 socket (attack skill) on a staff

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know if dots can crit in this? I'm building kind of a crit poison build with that dagger rush down attack, I forgot the name of it. It's pretty good so far, but I worry I'm wasting points by dumping them both into crit and poisons if they don't build off of each other.

Like the other person mentioned, you'll want the node that lets ailments crit. Also, like they mentioned ailment damage has a baseline so you'll want to find the nodes that increase ailment damage specifically, increase the maximum number of ailment stacks, and how quickly you can apply stacks.

You can end up doing a ton of damage once you have a build combining ailments and crits.

I took that as midnight UTC
So in 3h20min

12PM is noon.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Yeah they edited the time on discord to fix the confusion:

We continue our efforts day and night with our partner to bring back Online servers. We can already share with you that the servers will not come back Online before tomorrow 12 noon UTC. We will keep you informed if anything changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, can't lie. That does suck. Was really hoping to play today. They must have found some massive bug that when they try to fix ends up breaking other stuff.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 10 and my damage output is nowhere near that. I'm playing a mage. My staff does like 40 damage at most. My spells do better but not by much. Might have to modify my build a bit, otherwise the dreaded act 1 boss is going to kick my ass.
Is there any way to sell the spells I have leveled up but don't use anymore? The spear thing is just too good. Want to invest everything I have in that and a gollum summon (as a tank).

I have a ton of experience optimizing builds in games like these, so if you need any advice just let me know! As far as I know you can't sell your current spells, but you can sell dupes you find of them or turn them into essence to level other skills.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Like the other person mentioned, you'll want the node that lets ailments crit. Also, like they mentioned ailment damage has a baseline so you'll want to find the nodes that increase ailment damage specifically, increase the maximum number of ailment stacks, and how quickly you can apply stacks.

You can end up doing a ton of damage once you have a build combining ailments and crits.

12PM is noon.
Welp you're right
I was hoping to play some before the dunk contest

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I want to see if this game lets me do a dual-dagger rogue that focuses on mobility and speed, but with some ranged skills to apply and spread poison around.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I just decided to go offline instead as I doubt I'll play much online anyway. Good thing I did as I got a unique 2H Axe called Edgy and now I'm getting 8k crits at level 22. Don't think this act 1 boss will be much of a challenge.

EDIT: He wasn't.

Last edited:

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017

12PM is noon.
Awesome, thank you for the tips!

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dumb question that, as I type, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to: are online and offline characters separate, meaning, am I "wasting" my time with my offline character right now?

Separately, I'm playing this over GeForce Now with 0 complaints. It's pretty awesome.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess that whatever company they went with for servers is actually the bigger issue here. I'm going to guess the dev team was promised scaling that whoever is hosting isn't actually able to provide.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OMG... best feeling in the world. Found my first unique.

1lwCfDS.png

Level 15 staff. Can finally use it. It literally triples the damage of my regular attacks. Spells are almost pointless. Regular attacks crit for upwards of 400 some damage.

Now I want to see MORE uniques. Gimme gimme gimme.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
shit lol, I got too cute with my build. These two passives do NOT synergise at all

oSgw99A.png
LPXRvXN.png

I'm trying to make a "boss killer" build, basically get all the buffs posible to unload on 1 skill, but unfortunately these dont work together, because to get Overload stacks, you need to auto attack, but when you auto attack, it eats up the ammunition stacks from the other one. booo!

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I think the biggest issue is a significant portion of the content was locked before 1.0 release. Only access to Act 1 and only two rings of the passive tree were available.

Who releases the full games content at launch without those additions being tested and their impact on the game. They should have an extended beta of the full content of the game available before the 1.0 rather than what they are experiencing now.

I don't even know if they even did a sandbox with networking stress test, but I think it's a fair point for any game with an online environment is to overestimate your server traffic rather than underestimate, but again it all goes about to manpower and being able manage everything in a reasonable manner.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
steamcommunity.com

Fix for offline progress not saving :: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem General Discussions

If you have any diacritics in your windows user name, game will not save. Easiest workaround is to move your windows saved games folder (go to c:\users\yourusername and right click on it, then pick location tab) to some new folder where the whole path does not have any diacritics.
image.png

Thanks for this, I can finally start enjoying the game. Time to do the begining of act 1 for the fourth time.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Dumb question that, as I type, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to: are online and offline characters separate, meaning, am I "wasting" my time with my offline character right now?

Separately, I'm playing this over GeForce Now with 0 complaints. It's pretty awesome.

Totally separate. But I never intended to play online so it's fine for me.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I think the biggest issue is a significant portion of the content was locked before 1.0 release. Only access to Act 1 and only two rings of the passive tree were available.

Who releases the full games content at launch without those additions being tested and their impact on the game. They should have an extended beta of the full content of the game available before the 1.0 rather than what they are experiencing now.

I don't even know if they even did a sandbox with networking stress test, but I think it's a fair point for any game with an online environment is to overestimate your server traffic rather than underestimate, but again it all goes about to manpower and being able manage everything in a reasonable manner.
Peak was like... 1900 in Early Access. Peak in 1.0 was close to 100k at some point. There was literally no reason to even dream of a success like that. I can't blame them for not testing for so many people.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
All of this online talk has me curious about the game. I probably wouldn't play it without controller support but it looks like there is a layout out there for steam that lets you use controller?

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Review bombing is continuing. Now it's recent : mixed and All reviews : mixed. Will probably be in the negative by tomorrow.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I wouldn't call it a "generic clone of Diablo" at all. Absolutely inspired by, but the loot system and build customization is closer to Path of Exile. Otherwise, of course ARPGs are going to look alike. What were you expecting?
The part to transform into monster that made me dislike the game tbh

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Yea what a joke that is. Some people just have no idea how life works.
I thought steam implemented some sort of functionality to stop review bombing from happening? Am I remembering wrong or did they do this for one particular game last year?

Think they separate release reviews from later reviews knowing that games with release issues get bombed early on.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
I thought steam implemented some sort of functionality to stop review bombing from happening? Am I remembering wrong or did they do this for one particular game last year?

I wouldn't call it review bombing if the online has barely worked since the game launched and the offline has bug causing corrupted save files

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Im not entirely sure how they changed it, but when it comes to Wolcen, the devs are clearly surprised by how popular this became & the servers can't handle it, so i think people review bombing them should give them a break & play offline for now, as much as that may suck.