• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
tip time? tip time:

in your passive ring, try to work from the outside in. The outter ring is where the big "class" changes are, so you want to look at those first and see what kind of char u want to make, and then see how to get there via the other rings

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
SRZwILq.png

Damn this game looks lit af.

Jk, I'm just kinda bummed the servers are getting hammered rn ;(

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Is this the first or one of the first games to use Cryengine? (Other than games put out by Crytek)

I'm still amazed by the graphics in this game and that's just what I see on videos. Haven't seen the game first hand yet.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I have had this on my wishlist on Steam for quite awhile. Great OP btw, thank you!

Can someone who has played Wolcen and Diablo 3/Grim Dawn/Torchlight 2 compare them?
Is this game very similar? Meaning:
-lots of content and levels
-endgame things to do
-loot?!
-fast fun gameplay
-a summoning class (lol)

I adore games like Diablo 2/3 and if this is legit I'm going to drop the cash and buy today. It's pretty rare to get a brand new, big deal game in this genre - assuming it is like Diablo/Torchlight/Grim Dawn etc

This video might help?

www.youtube.com

Wolcen Overview: Beginner's Guide Tips & Tricks

Click here to check out Wolcen: https://rebrand.ly/Wolcen-RhykkerEverything you need to know about Wolcen: an over overview of "classes," the skill tree, exp...

Info on endgame is sparse because the game just came out of EA; but I think the above video shows some of it's unique qualities. At least I think.. haven't played much PoE myself, but it definitely has at least a slightly different feel from D3 or Grim Dawn, games I love.

Beyond that.... it's new.. lol.. I don't know how people manage to play so much of one ARPG. And I'm the type of person who puts like 10 playthroughs and 100s of hours into games like Skyrim. But the "one character endgame for 1000s of hours" thing is lost on me.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Is this the first or one of the first games to use Cryengine? (Other than games put out by Crytek)

I'm still amazed by the graphics in this game and that's just what I see on videos. Haven't seen the game first hand yet.
Not sure to your question but yeah wait until you see it first hand... it really looks damn good.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Refunded it on Monday due to not having Con. Support but was deliberating on getting it at the Humble Choice price before the increase, but ended up waiting too long. That's fine though, I refunded it for a reason (I don't need a loot game with PSO2 and Nioh 2 so close, plus I don't want to play with MKB). I'll check it out again though when they do get around to adding in that support, I liked what I played well enough.

Can anyone confirm Ultrawide mode?

IIRC, when I played it had support. I tend to not notice it unless it doesn't have it these days, but I'm pretty sure I was using the whole thing when I played briefly this week.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
a few times i've managed to surpass the steam authentication but at checking game version it says there is a new update and i need to restart the game
i've restarted steam and still not seeing any update

anybody got this problem as well?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
a few times i've managed to surpass the steam authentication but at checking game version it says there is a new update and i need to restart the game

yes youll just get a random error message, none of them are actually real. Well, except for the fact that the servers are borked.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

Yeah was happening for a lot, think they mentioned on Twitter what caused it but didn't see the response myself, just heard Quin reading it on his stream.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Anyone else unable to log in the game?
This launch reminds me of Diablo 3's launch lol

Nvm, seems to be everyone

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
I have had this on my wishlist on Steam for quite awhile. Great OP btw, thank you!

Can someone who has played Wolcen and Diablo 3/Grim Dawn/Torchlight 2 compare them?
Is this game very similar? Meaning:
-lots of content and levels
-endgame things to do
-loot?!
-fast fun gameplay
-a summoning class (lol)

I adore games like Diablo 2/3 and if this is legit I'm going to drop the cash and buy today. It's pretty rare to get a brand new, big deal game in this genre - assuming it is like Diablo/Torchlight/Grim Dawn etc
The beta only had the first act and it was ok, endgame was basically rifts with modifiers that you can choose and get rewards. It was getting boring pretty quick, because you basically played the small amount of maps that were there. Loot is alright, have not been able to get any sets or anything (hmm, really have to think if it even had sets), there are a couple of powerful and unique items.
Gameplay is pretty good, combat feels excellent, that is the best thing it has going for it, but downside was the rather lacklustre amount of skills. They added a couple, though, I have not played the final game yet, still downloading, so hopefully this will mix things up a bit.
The game doesn't really have classes, it's the skills that are dependent on which weapons you use.
I had a lot of fun with the beta, don't get me wrong, played almost 170 hours in the last 18 months or so, but it was buggy as hell, stopped playing when I ran into the stash bug, well and that I got sick of playing the same levels with the same skills over and over again.
Looking forward to the full game myself but have my expectations in check, so should everyone else, it's a very small team. Be prepared for some jank and lots of bugs. Server issues will be a concern, I'm afraid, not just on release, but we'll see.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
in today's idontknowwhatIexpected.gif moment, I checked Wolcen's discord server...

...humanity is trash

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Omg, if you level bladestorm enough, you can make it into a channeling skill ala Poe's cyclone Pog.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I wish more developers would make controller support a priority in their games.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I agree. I just prefer playing with a controller now. I don't in anyway think it is superior. It's just my preference. I'm just happy they are including both ways to play the game, in a future update.

again I'm not referring to you.

I'm more happy the community has support and that we may randomly grind someday. The more the merrier in arpgs.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This video might help?

www.youtube.com

Wolcen Overview: Beginner's Guide Tips & Tricks

Click here to check out Wolcen: https://rebrand.ly/Wolcen-RhykkerEverything you need to know about Wolcen: an over overview of "classes," the skill tree, exp...

Info on endgame is sparse because the game just came out of EA; but I think the above video shows some of it's unique qualities. At least I think.. haven't played much PoE myself, but it definitely has at least a slightly different feel from D3 or Grim Dawn, games I love.
The beta only had the first act and it was ok, endgame was basically rifts with modifiers that you can choose and get rewards. It was getting boring pretty quick, because you basically played the small amount of maps that were there. Loot is alright, have not been able to get any sets or anything (hmm, really have to think if it even had sets), there are a couple of powerful and unique items.
Gameplay is pretty good, combat feels excellent, that is the best thing it has going for it, but downside was the rather lacklustre amount of skills. They added a couple, though, I have not played the final game yet, still downloading, so hopefully this will mix things up a bit.
The game doesn't really have classes, it's the skills that are dependent on which weapons you use.
I had a lot of fun with the beta, don't get me wrong, played almost 170 hours in the last 18 months or so, but it was buggy as hell, stopped playing when I ran into the stash bug, well and that I got sick of playing the same levels with the same skills over and over again.
Looking forward to the full game myself but have my expectations in check, so should everyone else, it's a very small team. Be prepared for some jank and lots of bugs. Server issues will be a concern, I'm afraid, not just on release, but we'll see.

Thanks for the info and video! I'll say that video sold me hard, but hearing it may have lots of bugs, crashing, server issues, and endgame is not known yet, I think I'll wait a week or 2 and see what the consensus is then.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Once you get past this login error, do you at least stay online after? If i have to deal with disconnects and having to go through this step again i'll just play something else.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much every streamer is playing offline rn, the only one that somehow managed to get in was cutedog, but he got booted by the server in the meantime.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it a day, don't want to be restricted to offline day. Sucks, but it is what it is. If it continues to be bad over the weekend, I'll refund it.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What does online entail? Is it just the ability to play with other people, or are there other notable features that you might want if you are only playing single player?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
What does online entail? Is it just the ability to play with other people, or are there other notable features that you might want if you are only playing single player?
Some achievements, co-op, trading and leaderboards. Think that's the bulk of why you'd want to go online versus offline.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Quin just said someone on the Wolcen team said they gave him priority access and now he's actually able to get online... lolwtf. Figured it was just a bait. Creating his character now. Lucky sob.

edit: lol but now clicking 'create' does nothing for him just times out

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
So how indepth is the character creator and are there any roleplaying elements? If it's just another loot farming simulator, I think I'll just stick to Diablo 2.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
It seems kind of gross to demand developers to work on a weekend. Steam refund policy window is two full weeks if you've played less than 2h, so where's the rush?
Not to say I disagree with you completely on the first point, but don't you think they should be prepared to work for the first few days of a new launch for things that might happen. Expecting to launch a new game and then not support it during the initial rush seems... problematic to me.

Oct 26, 2017
Release server issues suck but this team is tiny and I'm happy for their seemingly big success.

edit: I work in IT as well and basically the number 1 rule is "Don't release to production on Fridays", to this day I'm still not sure why devs insist on continuing to do so.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This game actually looks very good based on early launch previews from hardcore ARPG players (from both D3 and PoE fanbases).

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
WOAH. Just accepted the EULA and I'm online...

Same errors as other though, unable to actually get into the game after clicking 'Play' but at least we're getting closer.

Last edited: