• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably a weird question and I don't blame the devs if the answer is no, but does the game support 4:3 aspect ratios? Because I play games on a CRT :P

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
As far as I can tell from googling.. there is no real difference between online/offline besides the obvious (playing alone.)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
skill modifiers are much more descriptive now

dQhcgj8.png

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I have had this on my wishlist on Steam for quite awhile. Great OP btw, thank you!

Can someone who has played Wolcen and Diablo 3/Grim Dawn/Torchlight 2 compare them?
Is this game very similar? Meaning:
-lots of content and levels
-endgame things to do
-loot?!
-fast fun gameplay
-a summoning class (lol)

I adore games like Diablo 2/3 and if this is legit I'm going to drop the cash and buy today. It's pretty rare to get a brand new, big deal game in this genre - assuming it is like Diablo/Torchlight/Grim Dawn etc

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so help me out.

I love a good ARPG. What differentiates this one from PoE, D2, D3, and Grim Dawn? Honest question because I'd love to buy and play this, but the ones I listed seem to offer me something unique that merits my time.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i think OP should include that offline and online mode are separate
they do NOT share characters nor stash

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking of buying this, but not sure if I should (huge backlog).
I'm not a big Diablo fan, I enjoy them, but I also find them usually a little too grindy/repetitive, but I got an itch to play an ARPG and this looks pretty great.
Any chance the servers aren't going to be down the next few hours? Otherwise I can wait a few days I suppose.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
here's a little tidbit that I completely somehow missed in the beta:

Gloves and Shoulder items are INDIVIDUAL PIECES. AKA, you can equip 2 gloves, and 2 shoulder pads.

don't be like me in beta that only noticed this at level 20 and was walking around with level 1 left glove and left shoulder rags >_<

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
So my initial evaluation after about 4 hours of playing just now, is that it's pretty good. A little janky at times, but overall not bad. I think my main gripe is that the game starts to perform progressively worse as time goes on which makes me think there's so inefficiency in there somewhere--my FPS in Stormfall was ~80 when I first entered it, by the time I logged out it was ~40-50, so something is going on behind the scenes. I'm ordering a new GPU tomorrow and I imagine that will blow the doors off the game anyway, but it runs a little iffy at times for me now. As for the actual game, I kind of like the talent tree design, the way skills work is a little odd but not bad, and I think overall the game just needs some tooltips that better explain stats and such. So far a solid 8/10 for me.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
So my initial evaluation after about 4 hours of playing just now, is that it's pretty good. A little janky at times, but overall not bad. I think my main gripe is that the game starts to perform progressively worse as time goes on which makes me think there's so inefficiency in there somewhere--my FPS in Stormfall was ~80 when I first entered it, by the time I logged out it was ~40-50, so something is going on behind the scenes. I'm ordering a new GPU tomorrow and I imagine that will blow the doors off the game anyway, but it runs a little iffy at times for me now. As for the actual game, I kind of like the talent tree design, the way skills work is a little odd but not bad, and I think overall the game just needs some tooltips that better explain stats and such. So far a solid 8/10 for me.

Did you get the game early or have you been playing the beta?

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Did you get the game early or have you been playing the beta?

The Beta. I just wanted to test it out to see if I'd like it. I know there's a big patch coming out, but I'm not sure how much they're really going to change--especially on the performance issues. It looks like they're changing a few of the things I complained about.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
30,000 players currently online on steam. That number has doubled in the last half an hour. Great numbers!

And thus come the expected server issues

Hello everyone!

We're closely monitoring the release and we're aware that there are issues with the servers and authentification. This is caused by the overwhelming success of the game, and we're working with our partners to increase server capacities and fix authentification issues as soon as possible.

We want to apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being so many to support us on this very special day. This is clearly unexpected.

We will keep you informed on Twitter and Reddit regarding the status of the situation.

Thank you and stay tuned.

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I really wanted to pull the trigger, but if the servers are just going to be dead the next couple of hours, I shouldn't. No need to waste money and stare at a loading screen in frustration. I'm happy for them it's a success, but I was looking forward to playing this now haha. :(

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Maybe an idiotic question but this is my first Diablo like game. Since the single player and multiplayer characters are seperate from one another should I only bother with a multiplayer character if I want to play with people online predominantly?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe an idiotic question but this is my first Diablo like game. Since the single player and multiplayer characters are seperate from one another should I only bother with a multiplayer character if I want to play with people online predominantly?

if you want to play online than you need to make a online character.

Keeps telling me the game has an update, I retsrated steam. Verified the local file, nothing. Annoying.

there is no update, just auth servers are probably down.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Got booted from the game because of the servers, can't access my online character now lmao

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Typical launch server issues. Expected but still sucks having to wait. And yeah the update notice is annoying. Time to let them sort this out and try again later. No desire to make an offline character.

Have fun all, those who make it in.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
People need to remember that even companies as huge as Blizzard and EA can't have their servers stable on release day. This is a very small studio releasing their first game. Give them a break.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, missed the early access price. Anyone know why it's $50 on Humble (pre Choice discount) but $40 on Steam?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Any good ressources for build suggestions and stuff like that? I am going completely blind and have no idea what to do

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone change the main movement/attack settings and is happy with the change/prefer it to the default?
I've been messing with them for a bit now but it just ..... doesn't feel perfect yet.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
103k viewers on Twitch with a majority of them playing offline ofc. Nice turnout for a game that I'm pretty sure the devs honestly did not envision. Glad they're working hard to get it all sorted out.