• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Still confused as to what the end game is.
Rhykker talked about "Expeditions", which seem a lot like D3's Rifts. Basically endless dungeon running for better lootz. But they could be customized to an extent with different map layouts and additional challenges, which I presume will mean better drops.

I went ahead and bought it. Won't play it until tomorrow once the full game unlocks.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I remember seeing this years ago as Umbra and thinking it had potential, I'm looking forward to giving it a good go tomorrow. I'm basically going in blind so I'm hoping for the best.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
As if I need another game atm, but I couldn't resist. Lookin forward to digging into this right away tomorrow

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Played it for a bit tonight, it does feel very good combat-wise. The dialogue is pretty cringey though, hopefully all the quipping ends soon and I can get to enjoying killing and looting.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Is this exactly like Diablo when it comes to playing on harder to get to higher tiers of loot? How long is it? I am definitely interested and I'd buy the early access version since it's cheaper.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there is no respec which sucks. I like experimenting with my first character and knowing I can respec if I do something wrong.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I saw today this has a dedicated dodge button ala D3 on console so I am buying this.

Yes I am simple like that. Anyways will the 3 chapters be a complete story?

Not even close to the same, D3's "dodge" is pretty useless, you roll way further and it actually helps you avoid pretty large AoE's in Wolcen. It's more like the vault that the DH has in D3.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently there is no respec which sucks. I like experimenting with my first character and knowing I can respec if I do something wrong.

Not only is there respec, you can respec every aspect of your character, from your attributes to your passive ring to your skill modifiers.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Anyone knows if it supports Ultrawide?
I don't, but I'll co-sign this query. Might be the difference between grabbing it now or not.

Seems so. Here's a quick comparison:

1920x1080 (16:9) said:
20200213143933_1jvj4p.jpg

20200213143945_106kuy.jpg
1920x810 (64:27 a.k.a. "21:9") said:

The loading screen is centred, but that's hardly a deal-breaker.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
What is the price increase supposed to be for this game? I've had my eyes on it for years and am willing to give it a shot. Not expecting PoE but I do not want to play another D3 as that game is shite.

I have been playing PoE since closed beta if that's a point of reference.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
What is the price increase supposed to be for this game? I've had my eyes on it for years and am willing to give it a shot. Not expecting PoE but I do not want to play another D3 as that game is shite.

45$ after launch.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Official word is +50% for the US ($30 -> $45) and +33% for Euroland (€30 -> €40). Other regions will fall somewhere in the middle, I assume.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

good video explaining the features if you dont know much about it or didnt play the beta.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
not to judge anyone's spending habits, but the game is raising its price when it goes live. Going either 40 or 45 im not sure. If it looks like something you enjoy, especially if you know the genre, you can get it discounted on humble right now.

Seems like a no brainer to me, I mean, if it goes to 45, you will be waiting a long time for a sale to hit those 24 or whatever it is on humble. Just sayin. you do you.
How do you get that discount price on humble?

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Not even close to the same, D3's "dodge" is pretty useless, you roll way further and it actually helps you avoid pretty large AoE's in Wolcen. It's more like the vault that the DH has in D3.

Its not about what it does. Its about it having a dedicated button.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
I really thought this game would be lost in development hell for ever after backing it on kickstarter..
I tried the first beta and it was unplayable...

Lets see what happened since then.
If it can drawn be away from Grim Dawn
Nah, just kidding, nothing will ever do that :)

But it looks fun for at least a couple of hours

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone back this when it was Umbra? I assume a lot of those features like weapon customization and base customization didn't make the cut, don't really seem suited for a Diablo-like. Does it still have those demon power transformations (ie demon wings AOE-type attack)?

Last edited: