• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
lmfao at least russ isn't hurt. that wall contract

russ and beal make sense at least

wall and harden make approximately zero sense playing together.

If this was 2017 Wall, they would make perfect sense. Wall is a pass first PG which is pretty much what Harden needs beside him.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
If this was 2017 Wall, they would make perfect sense. Wall is a pass first PG which is pretty much what Harden needs beside him.
not really, no. because harden is the point guard/lead guard/only guard. he's already worn through chris paul and russ westbrook. there's a pattern here... he needs an off-ball guard that can primarily shoot 3s/defend. that's it. doesn't even need to be a star.

and john wall can't shoot for shit and needs the ball in his hands to be most effective, so it won't work. and playing john wall off-ball is an entire waste of the good things john wall does offer. especially at the money he'll be making.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I feel bad for Westbrook. Great talent, but just can't find a good spot.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
if you can get rid of westbrook's contract in exchange for a first-round pick, which with that protection looks very likely, you absolutely do it.
Wall has an identical contract except with less trade value and more uncertainty. The pick is nice, but I'm not sure that makes taking Wall on worth it.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Oof don't know what Wall has left..

Houston is in Tank mode, Harden deal should be next

Oct 30, 2017
Wall has an identical contract except with less trade value and more uncertainty. The pick is nice, but I'm not sure that makes taking Wall on worth it.

oh my bad i thought wall's expired a year earlier.

well, i'd still make the trade if i were houston. not like they're going anywhere with either player, and at least wall will probably be more pleasant to be around. he might even do them a favor and end up barely playing

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see this helping either team that much

Nov 27, 2017
California
Wall has played like 60 games in the past 2 seasons lol before the bubble/shortened season
Westbrook before the bubble was the one carrying the rockets
Wizards won

last professional game wall played was December of 2018 đź’€

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Ok. I just think that Russ and Beal can make the playoffs in the East. I don't expect much from Wall at this point however

Not a bad prediction....but the wiz made it with a healthy wall not too long ago. I just think two teams made this trade because they wanted to get rid of those players and their contracts stopped many other teams from wanting either.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Man those triple dbl years feel like ages ago and so pointless now. Maybe Durant was right about Russ, wonder how OKC would've been had they gotten rid of Russ instead of Harden.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
We getting that trophy babyyyyyy.

Honestly I like John Wall but he hasn't played in two fucking years so what do you want Wiz fans to say?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Rockets fan here.

I'm thinking trade Harden to the Astros, get Altuve onto the Rockets.

Worst comes to worst we can laugh at the results.

OP
OP
Noctis

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

The Knicks are free from the rumor mill again

john-wall-2.jpg

kagete

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a sad Rox fan all right... I was hoping for maybe Blake Griffin and a pick or two. Heck spare parts rotation players may have been a better haul.

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
Rockets messed up big time trading Paul.

They were a Paul hamstring away from beating the Warriors at their peak, and seeing Paul ball out last year, will forever make me question what if they gave it one more shot.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
I will say the Rockets were able to land Christian Wood, so if Wall is actually healthy and can lead the break, or just pass like he used to, Wood and Harden could be explosive.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Good trade for the Rockets. A dead corpse is better than having Westbrick and would probably make more shots.

Oct 30, 2017
Forgot Boogie signed with Houston. Wall and Cousins will be cool to see if they ever actually hit the court together.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
As someone living near DC, this at least makes the Wizards interesting. Not good, mind you, but interesting.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can Wall even play? We haven't seen him in an NBA game in, what, two seasons? He was very reliant on his speed. As for Westbrook, pretty similar. He's mostly been healthy but he's a net negative on the floor.