• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Questions:
- Will FFH pass SM 1 to be #1 domestic SM movie of all time?
- Will FFH stop at 1B? 1.1B seems to be the ceiling right now.
- Will Aladdin get a 4x multiplier to reach 360MM domestic? 1.05B WW?
- Will Toy Story 4 get to 400MM domestic and 1B WW?
- Does TLK still have a shot at 1.5B? I think 1.2B is the floor
- Does Avengers Endgame have enough juice left to reach 2.8B?

No (I miss read it was WW)
Yes
No
Yes
No
Let it end.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Questions:
- Will FFH pass SM 1 to be #1 domestic SM movie of all time?
- Will FFH stop at 1B? 1.1B seems to be the ceiling right now.
- Will Aladdin get a 4x multiplier to reach 360MM domestic? 1.05B WW?
- Will Toy Story 4 get to 400MM domestic and 1B WW?
- Does TLK still have a shot at 1.5B? I think 1.2B is the floor
- Does Avengers Endgame have enough juice left to reach 2.8B?
In my opinion
1. No
2. It will go above $1b
3. It will get $360m domestic
4. Yes
5. I think it has a shot at $1.5b
6. I can see some fudging to get it there 👀

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. It's fudging for the announcement timing/milestone. Otherwise, it would have gotten there in a few weeks most likely.

Except that's you speculating not actually knowing.

It's kind of shocking we would start the whole thread claiming a company screwed with numbers when none of us are actual box office people but hey you do you

The Lion King isn't shocking and actually better than expected. Only sad part is it's not letting Once Upon a Time get imax or Dolby showings

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
And all of this is why I wish Endgame either clearly fell short or went well past. We'll be hearing about this for years.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood will suffer due to no premium formats but it will still make bank.

Putting it between The Lion King and Hobbs & Shaw wasn't smart imo. They should have released it the 2nd weekend of August so it could have gotten some premium formats.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Except that's you speculating not actually knowing.

It's kind of shocking we would start the whole thread claiming a company screwed with numbers when none of us are actual box office people but hey you do you

The Lion King isn't shocking and actually better than expected. Only sad part is it's not letting Once Upon a Time get imax or Dolby showings
the evidence is in the OP. take it or leave it, but it's not baseless speculation.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring staff post
Knew it was coming even though all last thread people were saying "nobody's actually claiming the numbers were fudged"
Precisely the reason I'm done with these threads on here. Clearly, this whole thing is supposed to be in good fun and even after the fact we still have people, let alone the OP of a thread that should be non-biased, throw out this fudge thing as if it's a fact. Bunch of hypocrisy all around.

I must not know how to read that then, it shows it at $319,000,000.
That's only the domestic gross. Worldwide gross is well over $930M.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
There's like a whole section in the OP about how this is a fudge.
It's all conjecture.

International numbers have been wonky for the whole re-release, probably due to the limited release, staggered schedule, and other factors like distributers that make a re-release harder to track internationally than a normal release. People seem to not care when it was underreported or even pay it any mind as anything weird, but claim fudge when missing numbers suddenly appear.

A Wrinkle In Time jumping, for instance, was a double feature, so it had something to point to as explaination for the fudge.

Until I see actual box office experts claim fudge, I think this is underreported numbers internationally like it seems to be.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Feels like I've said it a billion times but what an achievement the while MCU has been. Surpassing the likes of Avatar and even Star Wars is a remarkable feat. Feige is a genius.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
This is all a bit above my pay grade. It does feel like we're congratulating Endgame with an asterisk. Like, it won, but did it...? Kind of a thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Phase 4 is an improvement artistically.

Hope all the fresh new directors are capable of framing and staging shots beyond the most basic shots in The Russos and Watts' films.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I am the foremost box office expert in the history of this forum and the preeminent film reviewer

I have no idea what fudge is

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Phase 4 is an improvement artistically.

Hope all the fresh new directors are capable of framing and staging shots beyond the most basic shots in The Russos and Watts' films.
Same.

I hope it has a different "vibe" Tonite as well. I'd probably get bored with the same formula we've had the past 10 years. I want a different time at least.

I feel like it'll be an improvement over the past 10 years nonetheless.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I feel like you have to outright prove that EG was being funneled money undeservedly, and this wasn't just international territories reporting late.

Either way, I'm trusting Jatinder on this, since he's an actual insider and outright stated 4 days ago that EG already beat Avatar from India and Thailand numbers alone.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Lets talk about

CATS
When fudge is on the menu

enMzWEq.png

Oct 25, 2017
Same.

I hope it has a different "vibe" Tonite as well. I'd probably get bored with the same formula we've had the past 10 years. I want a different time at least.

I feel like it'll be an improvement over the past 10 years nonetheless.
Mavrel needs to be less hands off and not fixate on having a "uniform visual style" in many of their movies.

Civil War is the fucking worst with how just washed out and drab it is.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Since english is a secondary language to me, this sexy new "fudge" word that seems to be all the rage is news to me. It sure sounds delicious.

Congratulations to Avengers Endgame for winning all the fudge awards and may God-emperor James Cameron save some Avatar bonus fudge for all of us in the future.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Mavrel needs to be less hands off and not fixate on having a "uniform visual style" in many of their movies.

Civil War is the fucking worst with how just washed out and drab it is.
People seem to love the airport fight scene in Civil War, but I hate it. It's the epitome of the MCU's drab color palette and uncompelling choreography/cinematography for me. The Steve/Bucky vs. Iron Man fight is great, though.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring staff post
smh Avatar stans resorting to blaming a dessert now for Endgame being the GOAT

Last edited:

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fudge fudgity fudge fudge fudge

Did you just say the F word?

Fudge?

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
People seem to love the airport fight scene in Civil War, but I hate it. It's the epitome of the MCU's drab color palette and uncompelling choreography/cinematography for me. The Steve/Bucky vs. Iron Man fight is great, though.

I like the airport fight but hate the final fight. Might just be because at that point I just wanted the movie to be over already.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Amazed that they brought Apollo 11 back and actually hit $9 million. Guess they weren't happy with being at $8.9 million. XD

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
They could have announced it earlier, though. Look at Jatinder's post. It ALREADY BEAT Avatar on Wednesday, four days ago.
The numbers Jatinder mentions are not the ones they updated with. He even says as much

Again, they went with "underreported" international gross. Not actually underreported international gross. Like Endgame is 100% going to reach the numbers they put up today (or if things like that Thailand story checks out it's already well over that), but the reported numbers they put up are an artificial construct so they could break the record at the same time as SDCC. They are just too convenient, too even, and too timely to be anything else.
l4Ifne6.png

I can 100% promise you that whatever the actual international gross is, higher or lower, it does not have 6 zeros at the end.

kjtc1979

Nov 27, 2017
The numbers Jatinder mentions are not the ones they updated with. He even says as much

Again, they went with "underreported" international gross. Not actually underreported international gross. Like Endgame is 100% going to reach the numbers they put up today (or if things like that Thailand story checks out it's already well over that), but the reported numbers they put up are an artificial construct so they could break the record at the same time as SDCC. They are just too convenient, too even, and too timely to be anything else.
l4Ifne6.png

I can 100% promise you that whatever the actual international gross is, higher or lower, it does not have 6 zeros at the end.

That's typical for Sunday estimates, though. Disney is known for lowballing those, not inflating them. Their numbers almost always go up with actuals on Monday.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.