• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
I don't get how any one box office record is more important than any other. It's just measly numbers that bring no benefit other than bragging rights for fanboys.

How is that meaningful?

It's 'meaningless' because it doesn't fit the agenda the fanbois are pushing. There are way too many variables to compare box office runs, the exchange-rates, overall expansion of various markets, tickets prices, premium formats etc. That's why the golden number will always be #1WW record. Since, its going down fanbois have to peddle some more nonsense to stan for their favorite movies.

Folks at BOT will do tickets sold breakdown for each territory once EG run is finished, its far ahead of Avatar when it comes to number of admissions. So, that's another thing to consider.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I never knew I wanted this until now.
keanu-reeves-mcu-marvel.jpg

It's seriously perfect casting.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all have got to chill about this Endgame vs Avatar bullshit. While it's fun to look at the numbers and guess how it will do, at the end of the day none of this really fucking matters that much.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So dbs is on tonight and I can't wait to see how this tournament continues! I know that's not really relevant but I'm trying to distract from the Cameron V everyone debates.

Also Broly made 114m so it's nipping at avatars record

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody was pretty civil and having a good time till T'Chakku started slinging names and aggression at people out of nowhere.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I demand this movie gets the respect it deserves
MV5BZTcwZGNiMWYtMTYwNC00MGVjLWI5OTQtODhkZTU4ZDZjOGNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Look at that cast. Before LoTR. Before Usher. Before The Daily Show(Jon Stewart was in this too). Before Fast and Furious. That's right. Even before La Familia

Invasion of the body snatchers with that late 90s Scream tone. Which makes sense, considering it was written by the same guy. The Faculty had its 20th anniversary last December and no one noticed. Heathens, the entire lot of you

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
MV5BZTcwZGNiMWYtMTYwNC00MGVjLWI5OTQtODhkZTU4ZDZjOGNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Look at that cast. Before LoTR. Before Usher. Before The Daily Show(Jon Stewart was in this too). Before Fast and Furious. That's right. Even before La Familia

Invasion of the body snatchers with that late 90s Scream tone. Which makes sense, considering it was written by the same guy. The Faculty had its 20th anniversary last December and no one noticed. Heathens, the entire lot of you

From the director of Alita!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

The only thing I remember about this thing is that the kid from Radio Flyer is in it.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

It's about time somebody adapted one of the Goosebumps books

Oct 25, 2017
So dbs is on tonight and I can't wait to see how this tournament continues! I know that's not really relevant but I'm trying to distract from the Cameron V everyone debates.

Also Broly made 114m so it's nipping at avatars record

One thing pissed me off about the release of DBS:Broly. It came out on a Wednesday, but I fondly remember it having NO showings that same weekend. I feel that did a lot to cut off legs at least here in the states.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It was in the top 5 domestic for that weekend, IIRC. That was super impressive for an anime movie.
Really exploded as far as available showings in North America compared to the two previous ones too. Just give us the opportunity Funimation and we'll outgross japan! Still had pretty limited showings and in January they could have afforded to fill things out more. Was packed every time I went and I went 5 times

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
From the director of Alita!
And Desperado!
I've never seen this movie but I can tell it's bad cus every movie that came out in the 90s was about. Also, the 90s poisoned movies up until 2003ish. Movies started being good again once Kill Bill came out.
You're probably joking but I'm gonna answer anyway lol.

Written by the guy who wrote Scream. Not the Shining or anything but one of the best horror movies from the era easily. The characters really make it. Like I said, that cast is A-List

Respect The Faculty y'all.

Respect it

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
One thing pissed me off about the release of DBS:Broly. It came out on a Wednesday, but I fondly remember it having NO showings that same weekend. I feel that did a lot to cut off legs at least here in the states.
Ha! See my last post we're in complete agreement. They definitely left money on the table. Hell it made seven million on that Wednesday and that was in a limited number of screen and showtimes

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You're probably joking but I'm gonna answer anyway lol.

Written by the guy who wrote Scream. Not the Shining or anything but one of the best horror movies from the era easily. The characters really make it. Like I said, that cast is A-List

Respect The Faculty y'all.

Respect it
I accidentally wrote "about" when I meant to say "bad".

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Here's a question regarding your Han. Why did they not bring that guy from Tokyo drift into the fam in furious 7? Like they visit him and he knows someone killed Han but he just kinda wishes them luck and is in and out in 5 seconds. You'd think he would at least go after han's killer

Cause he aged 10 years in 10 minutes, you really think they want fucking Benjamin Button on the team

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a question regarding your Han. Why did they not bring that guy from Tokyo drift into the fam in furious 7? Like they visit him and he knows someone killed Han but he just kinda wishes them luck and is in and out in 5 seconds. You'd think he would at least go after han's killer
You talking about country boy? Idk I too wish they thought him back in full time like the rest of the cast. It is odd how he's kinda just in it for like 5 minutes bad you mentioned. Han was like his bff and he doesn't go on the hunt with the rest of the cast. But I'm sure this was up to the director/writers.

Cause he aged 10 years in 10 minutes, you really think they want fucking Benjamin Button on the team

Lmfaoooo dead

It's crazy how he could play an 17 year old and a 35 years old lol

Last edited:

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017

It's a seriously underrated movie. They perfectly capture the tone of those late 90s teen movies that were the pop culture mainstay of my middle school days.

Also, Cabin in the Woods has a great, super subtle reference to it. In Cabin it's said that the US was successful every year in except for 1998. Most people assume it's a reference to the faculty.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's a seriously underrated movie. They perfectly capture the tone of those late 90s teen movies that were the pop culture mainstay of my middle school days.

Also, Cabin in the Woods has a great, super subtle reference to it. In Cabin it's said that the US was successful every year in except for 1998. Most people assume it's a reference to the faculty.
giphy.gif

You get it!

I had heard that rumor before, and I hope that's true.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

This was a great movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.