• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Is it the trailer or people overestimated how a popular IP will translate to film?

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think Endgame has at least 600m left in it's tank to pass AVATAR? (Say 300m domestic and 300m internationally)

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Do you guys think Endgame has at least 600m left in it's tank to pass AVATAR? (Say 300m domestic and 300m internationally)
It will do like $250-300m ish domestic from here on out. International most likely. At this point it is more a when not if it passes Avatar. Unless it completely falls off a cliff. Which is even more unlikely to happen.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What is the record for number 1 consecutive weekends?

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My local theaters still have Endgame in all premium formats granted that might change by Wednesday but if it does I bet it shares the premium screen time.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I think it is a bunch of things, I think above all the movie is about 10 years too late

I'm not sure this is true. 10 years ago the Pokémon brand was nowhere near as big as it is right now. The global movie market has continued to grow including in China where I'm sure they're hoping Pokémon will be a big success.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at Avatar now on BOM and this is what always stands out to me:

3rd weekend - #2 all time (after TFA)
4th weekend - #1 all time
5th weekend - #1 all time
6th weekend - #1 all time
7th weekend - #1 all time
*this is where Avatar and Titanic cross streams*
8th weekend - #2 all time (after Titanic)
9th weekend - #2 all time (after Titanic)
10th weekend - #2 all time (after Titanic)
11th weekend - #2 all time (after Titanic)
12th weekend - #3 all time (after Titanic and......Home Alone?!)

Cameron got dem legs

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
If anyone seriously believes that Ad Astra hasn't made it's May release date because they're waiting for the VFX to "perfected" then I have a bridge and/or jar of magic beans that you might be interested in purchasing from me.

WB's action pic Run All Night, starring Liam Neeson as a hitman protecting his family, had occupied that February date but has been moved off the schedule completely as Jupiter slides into its place. I hear the Wachowskis needed more time to complete visual effects work on their CG-heavy space epic..,

https://deadline.com/2014/06/wachowskis-jupiter-ascending-delay-summer-2015-wb-739903/
https://deadline.com/2014/06/wachowskis-jupiter-ascending-delay-summer-2015-wb-739903/

Last edited:

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

God bless the greatest nation on this planet, the United States of America. JJ is our eternal king.

giphy.gif

jj-abrams-led-a-moving-tribute-to-anton-yelchin-at-the-star-trek-premiere.png

giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at Avatar now on BOM and this is what always stands out to me:

3rd weekend - #2 all time (after TFA)
4th weekend - #1 all time
5th weekend - #1 all time
6th weekend - #1 all time
7th weekend - #1 all time
*this is where Avatar and Titanic cross streams*
8th weekend - #2 all time (after Titanic)
9th weekend - #2 all time (after Titanic)
10th weekend - #2 all time (after Titanic)
11th weekend - #2 all time (after Titanic)
12th weekend - #3 all time (after Titanic and......Home Alone?!)

Cameron got dem legs

Was just looking at the Avatar global take. It hit 2.78 billion or whatever with only 200 mill from China. EG will get 600+ from China. Both Titanic and Avatar seemed to have a more global reach.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was just looking at the Avatar global take. It hit 2.78 billion or whatever with only 200 mill from China. EG will get 600+ from China. Both Titanic and Avatar seemed to have a more global reach.

That's also going to factor into Avatar 2. I think domestically it's going to make a lot less than Avatar 1, but its going to do huge business in markets like China. Will be an interesting box office run.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The only hype thing about that trailer was Mewtoo
Oh yeah, the more i hear of Reynolds, the less charmed I am by it.

Yeah, Reynolds is kind of...annoying. I've made my peace with Deadpool in the MCU, but if it was my choice he'd be snapped.

Don't @ me Deadpool fans. I don't like the character anyway, let alone Reynolds interpretation.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Reynolds is kind of...annoying. I've made my peace with Deadpool in the MCU, but if it was my choice he'd be snapped.

Don't @ me Deadpool fans. I don't like the character anyway, let alone Reynolds interpretation.
I think it is more the writing, then anything. I like Reynolds but he near been one of those actors that could make bad writing shine.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't impressed with the first Pokemon trailer even. I'm just slightly too old to have ever gotten into Pokemon, and have no nostalgia for it.

Also, I have to laugh at the idea that Avatar had excellent world-building. That's one of its weaknesses, unless you mean visually.

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I can see hurting Detective Pikachu is if Endgame continues in its theater chokehold. There is a theater in my area that has 6/7 screens playing Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.