• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So do you guys think Spiderman is going to get a big EG bump when his movie comes out? Homecoming did 334 domestic and 880 worldwide. If it's a good movie I'd be surprised now if it didn't do Captain Marvel numbers or close to it at least.
I'm expecting it to overtake Captain Marvel unless it's a complete shitshow. Which it won't be lol.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Early Mon #s seem to put it in the $37-40m range...if that's accurate we're going to see the first $1b dom movie.
Astounding if true. It only needs to hit $34M to give it the best Monday multiplier in the Avengers series history. $35M or above starts to make $1B domestic extremely likely.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Black Panther and TFA are both tied for #1 Monday at $40m

Endgame looks like it's gonna be right there. Difference is today is a normal monday, BP's was president's day and TFA the kids were off school.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I feel like plenty of people will go just to get a minor update on this post snap world and maybe some words about certain heroes.

Thinking about it again, I think it will pass CM by a decent amount as well and be in IM3/BP territory world wide.

I don't think it's a sure thing. I can see it doing great, but I also think back to Ant-Man & Wasp not getting a noticeable bump. Of course, Ant-Man wasn't featured in Infinity War at all, whereas Spidey got serious run in that movie, so who knows?

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have been thinking the opposite -- that the legs won't be so good, that Endgame is going to be particularly front-loaded since people were eager to see the previous film's cliffhanger ending get resolved, and wanted to avoid/negate the spoilers that would become pervasive after this weekend. They've succeeded in getting every Marvel fan to see the movie in the first weekend, whereas previously folks would probably wait a couple weeks.

I guess it remains to be seen how much the film resonates beyond its usual audience, and whether or not the more casual audience gets drawn in for subsequent days and weeks. Looking good so far though, if they can fill up theaters on a Monday.

I have friends who are huge marvel fans but couldn't go because they don't like to go to the movies alone, and usually go with 3 or 4 friends. But now you have to schedule this kind of shit, since it's almost impossible to find a theater with that many seats vacant in a row, unless it's on the front row.

I have a feeling this will have legs.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

this guy knows his shit if you want to learn more about box ofice runs and how it works etc (basically to understand the terms people talk about here heh)

Last edited:

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
40 million dollar non holiday Monday.

Holy fucking shit if true.

Get on the 3 billion dollar train before its too late.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I thought that I wasn't going to have the desire to watch a 3 hour movie again.

Yet here I am taking a friend to watch it on Thursday. Goddamit, what is wrong with me?

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why is a 40mill monday impressive? what is the highest monday?
This is a work day, and tens of millions of people have school, both college and secondary education.

For your movie to earn $40 million dollars with the above two factors isn't just impressive, it's literally rewriting what analysts thought was even possible for the Box Office.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I thought that I wasn't going to have the desire to watch a 3 hour movie again.

Yet here I am taking a friend to watch it on Thursday. Goddamit, what is wrong with me?

I've seen it twice and can't wait to go again. I also watched last nights game of thrones twice and probably will again. I spent the day listening to game of thrones and avengers podcasts. I have a problem.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I've seen it twice and can't wait to go again. I also watched last nights game of thrones twice and probably will again. I spent the day listening to game of thrones and avengers podcasts. I have a problem.
Lmao and I already know that I'm going to watch it on Redbox when it comes and AGAIN on Disney+

I have a problem too.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Far from Home will get a boost coming from Homecoming.

When Homecoming released, the most recent Spider-Man film was The Amazing Spider-Man 2, so yeah...

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
At some point this year, half of the Top10 All Time Worldwide Box Office will be MCU films. All 4 Avengers films and Black Panther. If Endgame beats Avatar, it'll be at the top of the Top10, and Black Panther will be at the bottom of the Top10. That's kinda obscene. Lol.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when a lot of Era thought it might do numbers similar to IW, maybe even less?

Show yourselves, fools.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watched it again tonight. Theater was completely packed. Crazy for a Monday night.

Even better the 2nd time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.