• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
The posters saying no legs and huge drops need to keep in mind a few factors.

1. not everyone was able to get tickets for opening weekend.

2. People who avoid the opening weekend for the 2nd weekend or later.

3rd. No competition in it's 2nd week.

4th. Pikachu and upcoming movies will have an effect but not to the extent people think.

5th. Things like A-list where people can go see it multiple times without spending anything over their $20 a month subscription.

It could have a huge drop and will still set the 2nd weekend record.

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): posting unmarked spoilers in an unrelated thread
You dont want to piss off Jim Cameron!

According to a survey of Fandango "Endgame" moviegoers, 81% said they would consider seeing the movie again in theaters, and 92% are already looking forward to Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

92% of the people surveyed are looking forward to the phase 4 of Marvel,
so they will be more than fine without RDJ or Evans since you were wondering what the future was looking like for the MCU. ;) Feige is also very smart and he knows that Sam cannot carry movies which is why he's heading to Disney+ along with Bucky lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
F9cUZOz.gif
4daS6uy.gif

Absolute insanity. And completely earned and deserved. The best blockbuster of all time is going for the #1. AT EVERYTHING. Watch the Oscars next year.

Gifs by BoxOfficeZ from BOT.

Oh hi Zatt, I'm glad you're back.

That's a great gif lol.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
According to a survey of Fandango "Endgame" moviegoers, 81% said they would consider seeing the movie again in theaters, and 92% are already looking forward to Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

92% of the people surveyed are looking forward to the phase 4 of Marvel, HUGE MOTHERFUCKING SPOILERS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
My dude are you serious with these spoilers lmao

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Insane BO.

I do wonder about the drops and legs tho. I'm sure it'll remain insane for weeks to come as plenty of people haven't seen it but is the average person really gonna wanna see this 3 hour movie again after the first time? Especially when the first two hours are really slow...

That's just me though.

Also thank u Kswiss
At the very least, the second and probably third weekend will still be record breaking. Demand for Endgame hasn't been satiated yet.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
So glad I missed that post. Thanks to the mod who edited the post. If unmarked spoilers are being posted in here I'm out until I see it tomorrow morning.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Strangely enough finding tickets at my theater (Waterford Lakes in Orlando) for tomorrow was a piece of cake. Got the 3:30 PM showing booked and the theater was practically empty when I went to pick seats.

Maybe because of the timing? I figured it wouldn't be AS busy, but literally almost all the seats were available. And it's a pretty busy theater.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Strangely enough finding tickets at my theater (Waterford Lakes in Orlando) for tomorrow was a piece of cake. Got the 3:30 PM showing booked and the theater was practically empty when I went to pick seats.

Maybe because of the timing? I figured it wouldn't be AS busy, but literally almost all the seats were available. And it's a pretty busy theater.

Theaters are also adding screens as they go along. I've seen a few timings that are packed but then a show only 15 mins later is almost empty because the theater just added that show and people haven't had the chance to buy tickets for it yet.

Your show will probably be sufficiently full by the time the movie starts.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the same thing at my local theaters, I don't think I've ever seen 50%+ full theaters on a non-holiday Monday morning.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who took a day off to try to avoid the weekend crowd.
School and work can wait. This is the endgame.
School and Work are not more important than personal free time though

Ya'll go to work/school so I can go see Endgame on my day off. thx.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Same with my theater, but understand people have work and\or school. LOL

The 6PM and on are selling briskly.

Last edited:

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing that makes Avatar not comic book trash is that there was no comic first. It's 100% comic-book-level sci-fi. Corny, shallow, and based on spectacle.

If fact, it's pretty remarkable how many comic-book-based films have managed to elevate themselves from the source material.
Probably because the art and writing manages to reach higher heights than what you give credit to for the lowest rungs of the medium.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Very likely they added that showtime minutes before you searched it. Check back tonight, lol. It'll be full.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah and a large part of that is because theaters are forcing many showings to be 3D and people desperate to see the movie are watching it that way. Sadly, the 3D tax works for theaters so we're not going to see it going away anytime soon.
I haven't seen endgame in 3d yet, will this week, but IW in 3D was one of the formats best, and I saw that in 3D like 4 times.

That said a 3 hour 3d movie sounds painful

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and a large part of that is because theaters are forcing many showings to be 3D and people desperate to see the movie are watching it that way. Sadly, the 3D tax works for theaters so we're not going to see it going away anytime soon.

I was sad that I was going to miss a 3D showing, and was delighted when the showing I went to was in 3D but was not advertised.

Lots of great scenes in 3D in this movie, especially any set inside a ship or with Hawkeye.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I was sad that I was going to miss a 3D showing, and was delighted when the showing I went to was in 3D but was not advertised.

Lots of great scenes in 3D in this movie, especially any set inside a ship or with Hawkeye.
I saw it in 3D since it was extremely difficult to find 2D tickets and felt like it didn't really add anything of substance. Regardless of my opinion, though, my point was that the large chunk of revenue being 3D ticket sales doesn't really mean that people preferred to see it in 3D. I think a better metric would be the percentage of sell-through for each format. Since both were likely close to 100%, it's probably too early to say either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.