• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
UnderSiege

Your opinion of CW doesn't have to match mine. I'm suggesting that CM's better legs might be because it's a more enjoyable watch, but now that I think about it, probably not. It is more casual-friendly but maybe the general rise of MCU revenue and pre Endgame hype are bigger factors.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
The theme of Captain Marvel is what sticks in my mind. I found it hard to get worked up about pro- and anti- regulation of vigilantes (Steve is just wrong, there has to be accountability) but the slow burn in Captain Marvel is beautiful to watch. Gradually we see that she has been systematically deceived, and in fully discarding that deception she gains unimaginable power. That's a great message for the age of #MeToo.

Cap being wrong and putting innocent people in danger as a result was a big negative for me. There's some dialogue to try to explain it, but the visual is- Cap is beating up cops to save Bucky, who is dangerous.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
The theme of Captain Marvel is what sticks in my mind. I found it hard to get worked up about pro- and anti- regulation of vigilantes (Steve is just wrong, there has to be accountability) but the slow burn in Captain Marvel is beautiful to watch. Gradually we see that she has been systematically deceived, and in fully discarding that deception she gains unimaginable power. That's a great message for the age of #MeToo.
Yeah, that's a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.