• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

I hope you're all doing well.

I know I am.

For those you of who are unaware, Slayven and I made an under-the-table deal for the fate of our avatars. Slayven felt strongly about Wonder Park's box office prospects. He then felt less strongly about Captain Marvel's.

He lost on both counts.

I am posting the bets here for prosperity sake, and so that you can shame him when he undoubtedly refuses to stand up to his end of the bargain:

0ZWq8Ms.jpg

Slay decided this bet was not foolish enough

Xzft4Cv.jpg

He let his prejudices get the better of him, then tried to run from his fate:

KfNlLvo.jpg

dG4U01N.jpg

But no matter how much he dread it. Ran from it.

tumblr_p0en724q1L1sc0ffqo8_540.gif

Well you know the rest.

I decided to wait for the week just to ensure Wonder Park would in fact not make Minions money and, well, I think we're fine.

So now we get to the fun part.

As I have made clear in the past, I perhaps sometimes on very rare occasions have a tendency to get carried away with editing photos at others expense.

This was one of those cases.

So I come bearing options.

And it is not up to me to decide which cross Slayven must bear.

SimpleVillainousAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

Just as Prometheus gave man the gift of fire and God gave man the gift of sacrifice, I too bring with me a divine gif.

The gift of justice.

So look upon the marks below and decide not for me, but will me, on which one we shall brand Slayven with:

1. Envy
envyn6jia.jpg

2. Gluttony
gluttonysrjcw.jpg

3. Greed
greedyqk3l.jpg

4. Pride
lust3xjqd.jpg

5. Lust
pridev6jba.jpg

6. Sloth
sloth22ojka.jpg

7. Wrath
wrath3okln.jpg

Thank you all.

short-circuit-reading-input-book-stephany-13964865330.gif

Hey.

Slayven.

Fate has arrived.

And she's red yellow and blue.
I vote for Pride.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
2., OrangeAtlas. Definitely 2.

The Monica one seems way too premature when they're obviously setting her up for future movies as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

I know I am.

For those you of who are unaware, Slayven and I made an under-the-table deal for the fate of our avatars. Slayven felt strongly about Wonder Park's box office prospects. He then felt less strongly about Captain Marvel's.

He lost on both counts.

I am posting the bets here for prosperity sake, and so that you can shame him when he undoubtedly refuses to stand up to his end of the bargain:

0ZWq8Ms.jpg

Xzft4Cv.jpg

KfNlLvo.jpg

dG4U01N.jpg

Well you know the rest.

I decided to wait for the week just to ensure Wonder Park would in fact not make Minions money and, well, I think we're fine.

As I have made clear in the past, I perhaps sometimes on very rare occasions have a tendency to get carried away with editing photos at others expense.

Just as Prometheus gave man the gift of fire and God gave man the gift of sacrifice, I too bring with me a divine gif.

The gift of justice.

So look upon the marks below and decide not for me, but will me, on which one we shall brand Slayven with:

1. Envy
envyn6jia.jpg

2. Gluttony
gluttonysrjcw.jpg

3. Greed
greedyqk3l.jpg

4. Pride
lust3xjqd.jpg

5. Lust
pridev6jba.jpg

6. Sloth
sloth22ojka.jpg

7. Wrath
wrath3okln.jpg

Thank you all.

Hey.

Slayven.

Fate has arrived.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still sad Ragnarok didn't

I blame Joss whedon's lack of making Thor awesome in the first 2 avengers movies. But man if there is a Thor 4
( directed by Taika wattati) bet your ass it's gonna be passing the $1billion point, probably even more than iron Man 3 after how much the Russo's ( and Taika ) elevated that character

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone.

I know I am.

He lost on both counts.

0ZWq8Ms.jpg

Xzft4Cv.jpg

KfNlLvo.jpg

dG4U01N.jpg

Well you know the rest.

The gift of justice.

1. Envy
envyn6jia.jpg

2. Gluttony
gluttonysrjcw.jpg

3. Greed
greedyqk3l.jpg

4. Pride
lust3xjqd.jpg

5. Lust
pridev6jba.jpg

6. Sloth
sloth22ojka.jpg

7. Wrath
wrath3okln.jpg

Thank you all.

Hey.

Slayven.

Fate has arrived.

Greed.

Btw, You mixed up posterity with prosperity.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone.

I know I am.

He lost on both counts.

0ZWq8Ms.jpg

Xzft4Cv.jpg

KfNlLvo.jpg

dG4U01N.jpg

Well you know the rest.

The gift of justice.

1. Envy
envyn6jia.jpg

2. Gluttony
gluttonysrjcw.jpg

3. Greed
greedyqk3l.jpg

4. Pride
lust3xjqd.jpg

5. Lust
pridev6jba.jpg

6. Sloth
sloth22ojka.jpg

7. Wrath
wrath3okln.jpg

Thank you all.

Hey.

Slayven.

Fate has arrived.

As much as I want to say the Alex Jones one, or 2.... I think 4 is the winner.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Slayven 's internal struggle between his hatred of Carol and his wanting to stick it to incel idiots because he's a decent human being must be killing him.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Not so much that he didn't go to see Captain Marvel opening weekend. He contributed to his own downfall.

he deserves it too. Now if only we could find a way to shame BronsonLee aswell... oh what am I saying, he shames himself on a regular basis duh.

but for realsies tho, 69mill is actually higher than we expected right? I think I read it was going to be 65?

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Slay's issue was one of Pride. He let his hate for Carol override the truth.

Pride

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

I know I am.

He lost on both counts.

0ZWq8Ms.jpg

Xzft4Cv.jpg

KfNlLvo.jpg

dG4U01N.jpg

Well you know the rest.

The gift of justice.

1. Envy
envyn6jia.jpg

2. Gluttony
gluttonysrjcw.jpg

3. Greed
greedyqk3l.jpg

4. Pride
lust3xjqd.jpg

5. Lust
pridev6jba.jpg

6. Sloth
sloth22ojka.jpg

7. Wrath
wrath3okln.jpg

Thank you all.

Hey.

Slayven.

Fate has arrived.

There's only one choice, Gluttony.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
It feels really hard to predict where Endgame is gonna end up.

The marketing for Infinity War had so much juice behind it, the release schedule surrounding it was also kinda clear for the whole month. It had a boatload of trailers and ad clips showing a bunch of its key shots. The buzz was enormous. Infinity War's trailer still has more views on Marvel's channel than Endgame does, by a pretty massive amount. It also was rebranded out of its "part one" title so it'd be seen as more of an event and also have a bigger box office impact.

But now Endgame is coming out, the marketing is extremely subdued since they don't want to spoil anything. They're being really quiet about it, not showing any major set pieces. Even the Super Bowl ad was kinda contemplative. Also, the movie will most likely have some of its legs stumped by Detective Pikachu which is only two weeks after. It also doesn't have the Part 2 anymore so the traditional anticipated box office boost to the latter part of a two-part movie might not apply.

I have no doubt Endgame is going to rake in an obscene amounts of money but part of me is skeptical it'll meet Infinity War. I've never seen a blockbuster of this budget and size put so much faith in its audience. Will it really outperform its predecessor on the back of that iconic universe dusting scene? Strange times, let me tell you. Kinda excited to see how it'll turn out.
I don't think it will outgross Infinity War. Think it will hit somewhere between 1.7-2 billion, but it doesn't have the free run at the box office that Infinity War had - and historically films that are sequels to cliffhanger endings have a weaker showing for what ever reason! Unless Detective Pikachu is a massive flop, as you say that will eat into it quite a bit. The marketing is still good and the last trailer hit an obscene amount of views in a few hours.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CM should do another $150m global over the next 7 days, bringing it to $910m+ end of its 3rd weekend. Will be a while before it hits $1B but will do it comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.