• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
That's still better than I expected. Are there any numbers archived for the weekend of September 11, 2001. It would be interesting to see what those numbers were like. That's probably the closest comparison that could be made to this weekend.
www.boxofficemojo.com

Domestic 2001 Weekend 37

Top 10 was under this weekend, but overall box office was higher.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Geez that is rough. If this keeps up it's going to be a long Summer.
source.gif
Tune in to see if he makes the jump in 2021.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
As an employee at a movie theater all I can say is that we are fucked. Especially my theatre since we just spent thousands upon thousands of dollars renovating a theater into 4dx.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
They should release BOP digitally soon. The theatrical run is pretty much dead but with people staying at home more, they might check it out.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
And I was going to see Bloodshot once I'm outta work today. I'm a lil under the weather and don't need people eyeing me everytime I cough. Might just head home.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Fast track Onward to Disney+ to drive subscriptions, it ain't making any more money at the box office

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised in the least. This is in the UK, but my partner and I went to an Imax showing of Onward on a Sunday lunchtime, and there was no more than half a dozen people in. People are staying WELL away.

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotally speaking, this shit is tragic.

On a Saturday, our highest attendance in a single house was 59 for Bloodshot. Onward had one showing that was a close second with 54.

In our concesssions stand, we typically have 10-12 team member on register on Saturdays. Last night, we had 3 throughout the day.

Considering our biggest BO boost next weekend is now non-existent, I'd be shocked if we stay open past Wednesday.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotally speaking, this shit is tragic.

On a Saturday, our highest attendance in a single house was 59 for Bloodshot. Onward had one showing that was a close second with 54.

In our concesssions stand, we typically have 10-12 team member on register on Saturdays. Last night, we had 3 throughout the day.

Considering our biggest BO boost next weekend is now non-existent, I'd be shocked if we stay open past Wednesday.
:( That's rough. Best of luck to you and your coworkers.

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone actually been to the theatre in the last couple of days?

what was it like?

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
Has anyone actually been to the theatre in the last couple of days?

what was it like?

Went to "The Hunt" in Woodinville WA opening night- bear in mind, four miles away from the WA coronavirus outbreak- and it was half full at best, possibly much less.

(Also, see that movie, it deserves it. Quite fun, but the satire during the first bit is terrible.)

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling The Hunt and Bloodshot wasn't going to make anymore than what they did this opening weekend anyway.

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling The Hunt and Bloodshot wasn't going to make anymore than what they did this opening weekend anyway.

They would have done a bit better but not much. I can't provide too many specifics, but our projected attendance versus actual has floated between -30% to -40%. This of course encompasses all features and not just those two. So they likely would have earned a few more million each but nothing significant.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on how all this plays out Artemis Fowl could be saved by being one of the first big releases after things start getting back to normal. Wouldn't that be some shit.

DarthFeanor

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
Things are not going to start getting to normal for 2 or 3 months.

China could save some of the summer releases. However, the west is in deep s*&# until the end of the year.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
At least Sonic still beat Pikachu, lol.

Man, this is nuts. What the hell is the Academy Awards gonna look like next year?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Generally speaking I feel like this will be a big blow to theater attendance in the longrun. Not just America, but globally.

Avatar 2 beating Endgame's record could be on shaky ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.