• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Things nowadays move so fast for me that I didn't even notice that Incredibles 2 was suddenly this huge disappointment.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, I once again failed to make it to the times today for Lego Movie 2.

Going to attempt to go sometime tomorrow. Hopefully.

Oct 31, 2017
I've heard good things about Alita and I'm now tempted to go check it out. Yay or nay? RT is at 59% last time I checked which doesn't really motivate me to go.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For a movie that made over 1.2 billion dollars, Incredibles 2 feels like it just came and went without any fanfare.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
For a movie that made over 1.2 billion dollars, Incredibles 2 feels like it just came and went without any fanfare.
It's a meh movie. I liked it well enough, but it's clear that Bird's heart wasn't on it and that it was just a way to get an easy win after Tomorrowland.

Btw, I actually liked Alita, which was kinda surprising to me given the reviews. Hope it does well enough to get a sequel.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Things nowadays move so fast for me that I didn't even notice that Incredibles 2 was suddenly this huge disappointment.
It was... Ok?

Aside from the kick-ass motorcycle pursuit, nothing really stood out tbh (ok, Jack Jack vs Raccoon was pretty funny).

I honestly think that starting right where they left the first off, and having yet another rich magnate with a super-hero obsession based in a past trauma plot was just retreading old grounds.
Introducing a bunch of new supers who have lived under cover and the push to repeal the Anti Hero act should have been a lot more epic imo.
Edna Mode and Jack Jack we're not enough in that way.

On the side, although I was glad to see a Woman empowerment theme, I think it didn't need to be made by making the men into borderline morons (the brother and Mr Incredible - pushing him even into resentful & pretentious jackass territory).

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
A bill doesn't mean a movie can't just come and go anymore. Once Alice in Wonderland cracked a bill, it wasn't special anymore. I2 was just a solid sequel to a great flick. Not as tight, not as well directed, not as clever.

lidmat

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Sam Jackson will be the first to break 6 billion dollars in domestic (US) film grosses next month. Although Rob Downey will be nipping on his heels after Avengers.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Worldwide updates:

Alita - $130.88mil
Lego Movie 2 - $97.4mil
What Men Want - $38.65mil
HDD2U - $25.3mil
Into The Spiderverse - $356mil
Green Book - $126.35mil