• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TBH I don't know why people keep insisting they need a canon reason to explain the recastings. Unless they're making some major changes to the actual characters, they should just recast them and pretend like nothing's changed like what Marvel did with Bruce Banner. So long as the performances are good, no-one will care.
Yeah they could. But it would be mad fun if they did. Could be a running gag etc. I think it would be a fun way do it :D

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
With Bumblebee doing well so far in China I'd put the o/u WW total at 450m. I think that's a pretty good result for the film in the end, it's just that the film has been placed with this unfair burden of simultaneously being a spinoff and tasked with rebooting the franchise coming off a disastrous 5th film

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to see Bumblebee last night but the theater was empty except for one other person. Hopefully its total worldwide box office haul is enough to convince Paramount to keep on with this rebooted universe. I assume the next movie would be Optimus Prime.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
If Far From Home doesn't cross a billion, maybe Sony rests Spider-Man and gives us a 2099 film in 5 years or so.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Passing Dark Knight Rises will make it #1 from DC.

Ack, I meant WB not DC. I'll update the post so five other people don't correct me :)

People actually said this? Huh?

James Wan does not make bombs. He's been box office gold for a decade. Not even the stench of the DCEU was going to change that.

Oh yeah, there was a group here who thought Justice League had turned people off DC movies to the point that Aquaman would get pushed to 2019 like Alita.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit.Bumblebee on 88k total. Straight bombed hard.

I assume you mean 88m, but it should still finish around 125m domestically, which is just a bit off the previous film's 130m, a mainline entry.

I really don't know what people were expecting. Yes it had great reviews. It's still a spinoff not a lot of people asked for. I think 125m is not bad?

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Ack, I meant WB not DC. I'll update the post so five other people don't correct me :)

Oh yeah, there was a group here who thought Justice League had turned people off DC movies to the point that Aquaman would get pushed to 2019 like Alita.
Was thinking to myself, "No Harry Potter movie got that big" and then forgot how insane the foreign gross for Deathly Hallows pt2 was.
Yeah, Aquaman not gonna touch that worldwide total.

Deleted member 36543

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
I assume you mean 88m, but it should still finish around 125m domestically, which is just a bit off the previous film's 130m, a mainline entry.

I really don't know what people were expecting. Yes it had great reviews. It's still a spinoff not a lot of people asked for. I think 125m is not bad?
We have Bohemian rhapsody making more than 500m. One would expect a Transformer to make more than 200-300m easily with the now huge Chinese market in addition to American market. Looks like a huge Bomba to me.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
We have Bohemian rhapsody making more than 500m. One would expect a Transformer to make more than 200-300m easily with the now huge Chinese market in addition to American market. Looks like a huge Bomba to me.

It opens in China this weekend. It's not a huge bomb.

Also, the last Transformer made 130M in the US and BB is at 200M WW now.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017

Bohemian Rhapsody making over 700m WW is simply just that, a fantastic performance. It has very little to do with Bumblebee and its own merits. They face entirely different circumstances.

Not sure what you're saying with the 200m-300m easily with Chinese in addition to American market. Are you saying 200m-300m worldwide? Are you saying 200m-300m in each market? 88m is just the US total. It's gonna do over 400m worldwide. Should do 250m between China and the US.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Aquaman is good and a crowd pleaser. It's making bank based on that and the novelty of it being set underwater. Maybe Entourage wasnt wrong after all.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Bohemian Rhapsody making over 700m WW is simply just that, a fantastic performance. It has very little to do with Bumblebee and its own merits. They face entirely different circumstances.

Not sure what you're saying with the 200m-300m easily with Chinese in addition to American market. Are you saying 200m-300m worldwide? Are you saying 200m-300m in each market? 88m is just the US total. It's gonna do over 400m worldwide. Should do 250m between China and the US.
ASIB was what I was expecting to be this years Musical number, but the power of Queen was too strong WW

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aquaman out here performing like the Star Wars film it secretly is

Gonna be over 900m by the end of today and clear a Billy easy. Its International performance is incredible

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Aquaman hitting 1b is pretty crazy to me, even though after seeing I can totally see why it's resonating with audiences. I feel like in MCU phase 3 every movie had people (at least on GAF/ERA) claiming that this one would make 1b yet they all fell short minus BP and obviously Avengers. I do wonder if the MCU has a ceiling outside of anomalies like BP and team-up films while DC's is higher (like some have speculated). Like I don't really know any non Endgame upcoming MCU films that have a good chance outside of maybe BP2. Though this is all speculation, if a GotG sequel couldn't break through I don't really see any of the other sequels (like Spidey) doing dramatically better than their predecessors.

Aquaman's success though, if DC can become a brand known for quality (or at least entertaining films) it seems like the sky is the limit.

Dec 12, 2017

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
In light of Aquaman's results, I say we should hold a vote on whether or not Homecoming should be re-classified as a disappointment.

Dec 12, 2017
I would love for WB to position Aquaman 2 against a future SW non-episode film in December.

Settle this "bu-bu-bu-but December..." talk once and for all.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Movies don't have to make over a billion dollars to be profitable. I don't understand this mentality.
cost and marketing plus the fact big films are designed to carry other films. If they don't make enough it can have an affect all the way down. So a film might make a lot of money but it can still underperform relative to expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.