• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Is this legit?
kong-huge-first-look-at-godzilla-vs-kong-2020-concept-art-11.jpg

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My heart sank during the opening of Bumblebee. It was like an episode of the cartoon with a new coat of paint. I didn't even like the cartoon when I was a kid. I was all about the toys and the Marvel series.
And as shit as Bumblebee was in a general sense, the lack of attention to period detail was pretty annoying, too. When the mom was talking about carjacking, I was thinking "Was anyone who worked on this movie even alive back then?". I don't think the word even existed.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Age of Ultron riding on previous Avenegers high IW on 10 year build up.

Again the first time any of this was done.

What does Aquaman have going for it? He had pretty much the same amount of screen time in jL as Spider-man did in CW. Why hasn't Spider-Man the most famous superhero in the world grossed a billion yet?
Isn't China the main difference between the two? Had Homecoming done in China what both Aquaman and Venom did there, it would be blowing the door down to the billion dollar club. Homecoming did $116M in China with a total global gross of $880M.

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how Joker, Detective Pikachu, and Terminator 6 are my most anticipated films for this year.

It's gonna be a good year, I can feel it

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
How did I make it all the way to 2019 without ever finding out about this movie where Paul Rudd plays a World War II super-spy-baseball-man hunting down Mark Strong?

Dec 12, 2017
jack_package_200 brings up a great topic, Movie Era.

If you can only peep 3 movies in 2019, what are your picks?

For me, it's hard but prolly:

1) Endgame
2) IT: Chapter 2
3) Us

Runner up: Episode 9

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017

1) Endgame
3) Us

Avengers: Endgame would be on there. I don't know beyond that. I haven't missed an MCU film in theatres since my daughter was a newborn, but if I could only see 3 films for the year, I would have to pass on Cap Marvel, Far From Home, and the other superhero films releasing next year.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Detective Pikachu 3 times

(I don't have a serious answer. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for sure, though. And Godzilla KOTM.)

A man of good taste.

It's tough but for me:

1) Detective Pikachu
2) Avengers: Endgame
3) Sonic the Hedgehog

I predict nothing else in the year will give me as much entertainment in the long run as Sonic.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
The Irishman
Endgame

Also looking forward to Far From Home, Hobbs & Shaw, and Godzilla

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Guy Ritchie's Aladdin is Disney's complicated scam to get Bollywood money. Ironically the original tale is from China.

Oct 28, 2017

1) Endgame
3) Us

Detective Pikachu because it's something I've never seen before in a sea of capeshit, remakes and sequels
Us because I gotta know if Jordan Peele is a one-hit wonder
Sonic the Hedgehog because Sega signed off on it

Status
Not open for further replies.