• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The top 3 DC people now:
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Harley Quinn

Batman-V-Superman-sad-pointofgeeks.jpg

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Do I have to explicitly state that my musings are my opinion on what I watched?
It's too late I already made up my mind
The last film that did anything like this was Wonder Woman, which Aquaman is building on.
Aquaman seems to have caught on overseas in a way WW couldn't though

I'm still kinda shocked that fucking Aquaman is about to save WB. Entourage really was right all along

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
It's too late I already made up my mind

Aquaman seems to have caught on overseas in a way WW couldn't though

I'm still kinda shocked that fucking Aquaman is about to save WB. Entourage really was right all along

Same here. I thought WW was the plateau, now it seems like the DCEU can finally compete with the MCU!

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Aquaman was super cheesy and just felt the writing was borderline amateurish. So much more could've been done with this film. Great cinematics and visuals and source material and yeah, I'm smiled and enjoyed it, by it was super weak IMO. Like there could've been so much truly emotional heart felt scenes and they just weren't there. And some legit bad acting throughout. I'm was like really??!!

Spidey was miles ahead ;-)

Least DC has Wonder Woman.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Woody is vamping so hard in that scene. It's actually quite remarkable.

Also, seeing that video has settled for me that I never need to see this film.

We went from Kilmonger to Black Manta in the same year.
Not like the Kilmomger was this pinnacle of writing. And Ocean Master is more of a villain in Aquaman. And he does compare more favourably to the Kilmonger, well I guess Kilmonger works better because he doesn't say I am Kilmonger.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had some premium points to spend on a free movie this evening and saw Aquaman on a large format auditorium. The place was packed and of all the damn movies I've seen the last few years, I don't know how this one managed to earn the notorious end credits applause.

tenor.gif

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Had some premium points to spend on a free movie this evening and saw Aquaman on a large format auditorium. The place was packed and of all the damn movies I've seen the last few years, I don't know how this one managed to earn the notorious end credits applause.

tenor.gif

Pre or post credits scene?

The last shot precredits scene is a pretty great, feel good, Raimi Spider-Man type ending shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.