• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
After thinking about it for about a week since I last saw it, Bumblebee was just ok. The movie tries really hard to be like Iron Giant in a lot of parts and I don't think it does it as well as that movie.

Last edited:

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Lets get Rami $700 million Malek as the new Flash

How about something a bit more...magical

maxresdefault.jpg

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I don't know about everyone else but I've struggled to get anyone interested in seeing Spider-Man. All my friends/family who basically see every movie that comes out have no interest at all. My dad LOVES everything animated but doesn't want to see it. Pretty much always the same response as well, they just don't like how it looks (or it looks like a cartoon whatever that means).

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Haven't seen it but regardless I feel for bumblebee. Too bad bay destroyed that universe.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I wonder how quickly WB will try to resolve the Milestone stuff to see if they can get a Static movie up and running

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I can never tell when you guys are joking about stuff, but Queen sold a top end estimate of 300m albums over a now nearly 50 year span, and for us older types Freddie was one of the best performers of our time.

BH is a well executed movie (leaving aside the timeline issues which everyone I've talked to the movie about recognise but don't care about) about a globally popular band and frontman which leans heavily into nostalgia for 40+somethings. What's really amazed me is how much younger people have picked up on it, not just the movie but things like YT & Spotify stats on the band.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Queen are probably the most popular Rock band WW. It's only in the states where they never managed to get a foothold

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about everyone else but I've struggled to get anyone interested in seeing Spider-Man. All my friends/family who basically see every movie that comes out have no interest at all. My dad LOVES everything animated but doesn't want to see it. Pretty much always the same response as well, they just don't like how it looks (or it looks like a cartoon whatever that means).

Just make one of them go with out and hopefully it spreads.

Oct 31, 2017
As the chinese BO grows, every big blockbuster that doesn't hit a billy will start to become disappointments.

One other observation is that Disney may need to learn with Sony and WBs because Venom and Aquaman did Avengers like numbers over there whereas most MCU movies top out at 100-120MM and let's not even talk about Star Wars there.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
As the chinese BO grows, every big blockbuster that doesn't hit a billy will start to become disappointments.

One other observation is that Disney may need to learn with Sony and WBs because Venom and Aquaman did Avengers like numbers over there whereas most MCU movies top out at 100-120MM and let's not even talk about Star Wars there.

I feel like most studios paying attention already knows why Venom/Aquaman are doing so well its just dangerous to actively try and apply those lesson if you want a long lasting/healthy film franchise.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I hope we see this in the MCU one day.

I really want to start reading Marvel comics because I have a to marvel unlimited but I don't know where to start.

do you have any favorite characters?

2 good entries are tom king's vision & jason aaron's thor (volume 1 & 2)

both are two short trades long and excellent

for hawkeye, matt fraction's hawkeye is a must

for black widow, waid has a 2 volume run that is excellent

all recs are self contained and read well if you've seen the MCU

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
do you have any favorite characters?

2 good entries are tom king's vision & jason aaron's thor (volume 1 & 2)

both are two short trades long and excellent

for hawkeye, matt fraction's hawkeye is a must

for black widow, waid has a 2 volume run that is excellent

all recs are self contained and read well if you've seen the MCU
Spidey(Parker), Thanos, Iron Man, Dr. Strange,Thor(I read the god butcher series that was amazing!), I like movie Cap.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I really want to start reading Marvel comics because I have a to marvel unlimited but I don't know where to start.
I had a 1-month free trial of Marvel Unlimited by buying Spider-Man PS4 but only read a bit of Ultimate Spider-Man (which was great!)
Want to re-up soon!
Speaking of Ultimate Spider-Man, there's a moment where it flashes back to an encounter with the Lizard and I don't recall that happening in the issues I read? Man comics are weird

Status
Not open for further replies.