• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Nandos slander shall not be accepted.

Might make an appreciation thread for it after Christmas, at a time UK-era are awake.

Damn I could do with a sunset burger right now.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Sweet Neptune we are thirsty for Aquaman here in the Netherlands. It's already the #3 movie of the year with 10M. For reference, Avengers: Infinity War had been #1 since spring, doing 11M for its entire run. Until Bohemian Rhapsody just edged past that recently.
Aquaman will crush those numbers in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
From what I've seen of New Gods in comic panels all the suits look goofy, wonder how they will translate them to live-action
Same for The Eternals
Superhero movies are about to get a LOT more trippy, and I'm not complaining

For New Gods, partly that goes back to the two approaches. There's the classic stuff and the modern stuff. They've become more regal, armored, and such, versus the weirder space fantasy looks of Kirby.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think his heart was in it, he just needed an easy hit after Tomorrowland

He probably kept it in his back pocket as one of those 'break glass in case of emergency' sort of deals. I felt like the first one lost all momentum after the first third. Same with the sequel really. It just barely works on spectacle.
Yeah, I liked Incredibles 2 just fine but it didn't really strike me as a story that took him 14 years to crack.

It has so many problems. Like the villain motivation is shaky at best, and the finale was just a mess when you stop to think about it.

Last edited:

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Ava DuVernay was teasing New Gods on twitter recently so that film might be further along in development than we may think. If Aquaman performs well in the end, WB will probably be more encouraged to go through with New Gods.
Ava always feels like she's working on a million things at once, so I think it's a matter of fitting it into her schedule. I'm sure we'll hear something about it in the coming months.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I think Ava is wrapping up a doc series about the Central Park Five before diving into New Gods.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Would be wild if New Gods went into production before Batman, but it wouldn't surprise me

I'm still waiting for the imminent Matt Reeves drops announcement

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
It's blowing my mind that out this week is both an Adam McKay film and a Will Ferrell/John C. Reilley buddy flick and they're not the same movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Would be wild if New Gods went into production before Batman, but it wouldn't surprise me

I'm still waiting for the imminent Matt Reeves drops announcement

Honestly. They are better off letting Matt Reeves cook. We don't NEED a Batman movie right now. Let him cook. If the story is right, and it's good it's going to do numbers regardless.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna catch the 6 o'clock Aquaman and it was sold out, the 7 only had front row left.

Fucking bummer!

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up missing Aquaman because someone shit themselves while vomiting in the theater in the previous screening and they had to get a biohazard team to clean it up.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going again and bringing several friends along for their first time viewing.

My birthday falls around Xmas. Guess what movie I'm getting my parents and siblings to see?

200w.gif

That's what I like to hear!

Everyone fights. No one quits.

Last edited:

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Aquaman and it's doing great, but I feel kind of sad for Bumblebee as I loved it, more so than Aquaman.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly. They are better off letting Matt Reeves cook. We don't NEED a Batman movie right now. Let him cook. If the story is right, and it's good it's going to do numbers regardless.

Reeves had the power during negotiations and bringing in his own people to produce. It's entirely at his pace. And I'm happy it is. I think he's gonna knock it out of the park.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe Alita was supposed to come out the same weekend as all these

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Reeves had the power during negotiations and bringing in his own people to produce. It's entirely at his pace. And I'm happy it is. I think he's gonna knock it out of the park.
Yeah not like there hasn't been enough Batman content over the years anyways. Batman on break let's aquaman and Shazam be the stars of DC.

Reeves is gonna be compared to the Nolan films and if he needs time to craft a Batman film let him. I just hope he's weaving in Some batfam elements.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I think the Australia box office this week is interesting regarding bumblebee. Unlike in the US it had a totally clear opening, it was essentially the only movie out this week and had pretty weak competition. It still performed terribly.

I don't think competition is the problem. The movie simply has no awareness, marketing has been awful and the brand is just too tainted even if the movie is good. It will take more than 1 decent movie to start bringing people back in.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
I really thought Christopher Robin and Mary Poppin's Returns were gonna make bank.

Christopher Robin absolutely deserved to. Lovely movie. Dumbo just seems like something that woule do Pete's Dragon numbers. So not sure why Disney even bothered. Especially in a year where they have Aladdin. Makes no sense.

It also makes me sad at Bumblebee numbers. I mean, I never expected anything higher because of it seen as a "spinoff" and coming in after Michael Bay ran the franchise into the ground with general audiences.

I really hope Paramount sees the reviews and audience scores and keeps going in this direction.

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Also, Merry Christmas Box Office Era.

Thanks for being the best behaved Sales Era community on most weeks. Star Wars weeks being a bit iffy :p

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Merry Christmas Box Office Era.

Thanks for being the best behaved Sales Era community on most weeks. Star Wars weeks being a bit iffy :p

I just want to say thank you for all the time and effort you put into these threads every week! BoxOfficeEra would be nothing without you! Thank you so very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.