• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Ha ha, Mortally Wounded.

Spidey was great. Kind of crazy it storms into theaters making a killing as soon as Venom leaves. But hey, comic book fatigue, am I right?

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was hoping for a little more from Spider-man. The movie is just exceptional on every level and deserves a little more considering the murder's row of movies coming out next week. Oh well, the people are only missing out on the best Spider-man movie to date and one of the greatest superhero flicks period.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is this considered a good opening for spiderverse?
I think it deserves better, but hopefully it'll have some legs

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
the first trailer for Mortal Engines was very lame. I would imagine it lost a lot of attention from then.

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
Mortal Engines wasn't even that bad. I had a good time in my Imax showing.

Some parts where kinda wtf like when Ada Wong showed up all of the sudden.
And this creepy Lazarus dude straighten out of Wolfenstein was some weird stuff as well.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Dunno about everyone else but I honestly feel Spider-Verse's soft opening is due more to massive competition rather than its animation style or its marketing. Ralph and Grich are still in the top five/top ten at the box office in regards to animated works, Aquaman is arriving as a deueling superhero film, and there's still Bumblebee and Mary Poppins as general holiday tentpoles. Pretty confident Spider-Verse could had opened more if, say, it was released in February instead. At least there, the big tent pole releases for that month are just Alita, HTTYD 3, and Lego Movie 2.

Woof at that ME bomb. Even given its lukewarm reviews, Universal did it no favors giving it that time slot in such a crowded month. If they were sending it out to bomb, they could had at least waited until January. :V

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I saw zero hype anywhere from spidey. Asked my friends if they want to come and check it out and everyone was like "there is a new spiderman movie?"

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
I'm so glad that bs Deadpool gimmick didn't fool too many people .

Seriously f*ck that stuff. You basically put together a TNT edited movie on the big screen and tried to sneak away with the fact that it's just Deadpool 2 with a day of shooting scenes with Fred savage .

Anyone who truly believed their intention was to make a PG-13 version for younger audience to see are gullible as f*ck. That was not the intention. First off the movie isn't all of a sudden okay for younger audience to see because of a rating change, that thing is still heavy in vulgar humor. Second, you don't call the movie something entirely different, they know what they were doing. Trying to fool people in thinking it's a new movie .

I really don't give two shits about Deadpool after this sham. It's really low imo. I hope they lost a decent amount of money with this release .

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/12/16/dragon-ball-super-broly-box-office-japan-opening-weekend/

Dragon Ball Super: Broly has amassed nearly $9 million in its opening weekend, and that is only in Japan. When Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of 'F' went live in Japan, it earned about $8.1 million during its opening weekend

Okay. So let's be real here, a big Hollywood studio is going to try dragonball/z/super again, aren't they? I mean it's absolutely freaking massive and has transcended anime itself as popularity and in known name appeal. Just start with Saiyan saga. Question is, which studio could pull it off?

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017

Seriously f*ck that stuff. You basically put together a TNT edited movie on the big screen and tried to sneak away with the fact that it's just Deadpool 2 with a day of shooting scenes with Fred savage .

Anyone who truly believed their intention was to make a PG-13 version for younger audience to see are gullible as f*ck. That was not the intention. First off the movie isn't all of a sudden okay for younger audience to see because of a rating change, that thing is still heavy in vulgar humor. Second, you don't call the movie something entirely different, they know what they were doing. Trying to fool people in thinking it's a new movie .

I really don't give two shits about Deadpool after this sham. It's really low imo. I hope they lost a decent amount of money with this release .
The money it made went to charity.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The money it made went to charity.

The best thing is that what does anyone expect? What did the money you spent on the original Deadpool 2 ticket go to?
You'll never be rewarding anything other than corporate greed, so you might as well reward that greed by seeing decent movies. That's the whole reason the MCU exists tbh. Consistent good blockbusters.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I thought they were doing it to get into China?

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
If they started with dragonball it would be the easiest to make look realistic and they could have multiple movies once they finished with kid Goku . One with Radditz maybe as the main villain then Vegeta

It's a Harry Potter level of undertaking, except with potential for more movies. A true franchise, a known IP, the exact thing Hollywood studios salivate over. I'm sure it will happen eventually, question is Disney would be perfect but it's not their own ip, so who really would end up doing it? Lol. I know legendary got the rights to my hero academia and is with WB on that now

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
They've done so many of these YA novel adaptations, that when I saw the trailer for ME before Spider-Verse, I thought it was a sequel to another movie. Nothing about it stood out.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Spider-Verse has some long legs, loved the movie. My only issue with it is that we didn't get more of it.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, most of the theaters around me weren't showing it. I'm wondering if that was part of the reason.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Can you image the nonsense studios would get into if Once Upon A Deadpool had been a hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.