• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As for the 'bad' timeline, I think rather than having the heroes all 'evil,' it'd be neat to have a timeline where the heroes all lost in their respective movies. As in, Zod is the Superman in this world. Orm is the Aquaman, Cheetah (presumably) is the Wonder Woman stand in, and so on.

That would be a clever spin on that story line.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They blew two massive opportunities just because they couldn't wait to release BvS and JL and because they hired a deeply flawed filmmaker to spearhead the whole universe. What a huge fuckup. Guess they can try Justice League 2, but they only had one shot at Batman vs Superman.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Did they? Did they really?

Because Flash, Cyborg, Affleck's Batman and Cavill's Superman have died with that movie. Flash was supposed to come out last year with Aquaman.

The damage of JL is going to hang over this universe for a while, with Batman only coming out from under it because WB won't let that character stay dead. But this is a DC Universe that won't have a Justice League.
I mean yeah WB wrecked themselves, but I'm saying the general audience seems to have not at all noticed the pile of garbage they tried to put out

They blew two massive opportunities just because they couldn't wait to release BvS and JL and because they hired a deeply flawed filmmaker to spearhead the whole universe. What a huge fuckup. Guess they can try Justice League 2, but they only had one shot at Batman vs Superman.
I want to live in the universe where the 2004 Colin Farrell/Jude Law BvS film happened

Oct 25, 2017

Because Flash, Cyborg, Affleck's Batman and Cavill's Superman have died with that movie. Flash was supposed to come out last year with Aquaman.

The damage of JL is going to hang over this universe for a while, with Batman only coming out from under it because WB won't let that character stay dead. But this is a DC Universe that won't have a Justice League.

There will be another Justice League movie by 2023 at the latest. No one aside from like 20 nerds on the internet will care about Batman and Superman being played by different actors without that being acknowledged.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Time would have never helped Batman v super man as being delayed a year didnt help
" remember it was supposed to be may 2015, got delayed to may 2016, then moved away from civil war to march)
Only way it could have been fixed if they scrapped the snyder stuff after man of steel and had competent people do superman and batman and build up to justice league

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

Snyder didn't spearhead the whole universe and wasn't their Feige-like figure people made him out to be. Dude was as affected by studio meddling as anyone else. For instance, guys like Charles Roven were above him in terms of defining how things went, and more closely involved with Suicide Squad, where all Zack did there was the brief Flash scene.

The problem with WB's DC movies has always been on the executives, even as some come and go over the years. It goes back decades. The big fuck up with Justice League was not delaying the movie, be it the production or for reshoots, for the higher ups to keep their bonuses. Like, Snyder ain't the greatest director to put it lightly, but people trying to use him as the scapegoat for the issues mischaracterizes the issues. Ain't like he was there for Green Lantern.

Nov 8, 2017
I maintain that jumping straight into the teamup was not implicitly a mistake - the BO performance it did get tells me that if it was actually a good movie that reviewed well, BvS would have cleared a billion comfortably and the rest of the universe probably would have been smooth sailing, especially if complete gutter trash like Suicide Squad can somehow make that much money.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time would have never helped Batman v super man as being delayed a year didnt help
" remember it was supposed to be may 2015, got delayed to may 2016, then moved away from civil war to march)
Only way it could have been fixed if they scrapped the snyder stuff after man of steel and had competent people do superman and batman and build up to justice league

That's what I meant, BvS should not have been the second movie in that universe. We had never seen Affleck's Batman before that movie, so half the necessary build-up never happened, and the other half was only "built up" through one movie and one that got a lukewarm reception at that. They were trying to sell a movie almost on name alone. By the time Captain America: Civil War happened, audiences had grown attached to both Evans' Captain America and RDJ's Iron Man through multiple well-received movies.

And yes, Snyder should not have helmed such an important movie.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering we are doing all this DC talk

That WW84 delay being that long suuuuure is weird. Especially as it was basically done filming when they delayed it

Wonder exactly how much of that movie is being reworked / redone

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Folks really thought an animated Spider-Man was about to come in and crush the buildings? Alita Battle Angel?
mjlol.png
They said Holmes & Watson.

Holmes & Watson, breh.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Snyder didn't spearhead the whole universe and wasn't their Feige-like figure people made him out to be. Dude was as affected by studio meddling as anyone else. For instance, guys like Charles Roven were above him in terms of defining how things went, and more closely involved with Suicide Squad, where all Zack did there was the brief Flash scene.

The problem with WB's DC movies has always been on the executives, even as some come and go over the years. It goes back decades. The big fuck up with Justice League was not delaying the movie, be it the production or for reshoots, for the higher ups to keep their bonuses. Like, Snyder ain't the greatest director to put it lightly, but people trying to use him as the scapegoat for the issues mischaracterizes the issues. Ain't like he was there for Green Lantern.

Snyder is the one who made everything super serious and grimdark, which everyone hated.

That was his call and he defended it with crap like saying a real dark movie would be Batman getting raped in prison.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That's what I meant, BvS should not have been the second movie in that universe. We had never seen Affleck's Batman before that movie, so half the necessary build-up never happened, and the other half was only "built up" through one movie and one that got a lukewarm reception at that. They were trying to sell a movie almost on name alone. By the time Captain America: Civil War happened, audiences had grown attached to both Evans' Captain America and RDJ's Iron Man through multiple well-received movies.

And yes, Snyder should not have helmed such an important movie.
Yeah i get you

After man of steel in 2013 they should have planned a superman movie in 2015 with a better director and writer to fix him after man of steel

Also in 2015 have the ben affleck batman movie

Not an origin story, just a random batman story, with bat family members

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Ezra to be replaced as Flash by Rami Malek in 3...2...

That WW84 delay being that long suuuuure is weird. Especially as it was basically done filming when they delayed it

Whedon is flying in

Oct 25, 2017

It sounded like it was more down to Flash being delayed and them wanting to put it in that slot after that (which was the same weekend the first one opened in) rather than due to major changes being made to the film.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

2019 is so absurdly packed that there was a real risk that WW could have been crowded out, especially if they cheaped out on the CGI again. Hopefully the delay allows Jenkins to get everything just right. I do think this could be a sign WB feels good about Joker since it was only coming out the month before.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Snyder is the one who made everything super serious and grimdark, which everyone hated.

That was his call and he defended it with crap like saying a real dark movie would be Batman getting raped in prison.

That's a lie on multiple levels. First off, that line was speaking to Watchmen. Second, it MoS' script and direction were how they were before Snyder even signed onto the project. David Goyer wrote the script and, again, Roven dictated things based on the success of Nolan movies. Not that Snyder is a stranger to making things dark or absolves his part. But jeez, y'all project so much negatively on one person, it's no wonder why you make the hate personal.

They gave it a more premium summer slot is all. It didn't wrap filming until a little while after they announced the date shift.

It's funny how as soon as it moved, Charlie's Angels and Terminator 6 jumped on the November date.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Back to the earlier conversation, put me down as a Detective Pikachu doubter. I dont think it's going to be as big as the buzz here suggests.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018

this is probably the worst take in BO thread history. Absolutely nonsensical, they'll be back ASAP.

Back to the earlier conversation, put me down as a Detective Pikachu doubter. I dont think it's going to be as big as the buzz here suggests.
wait maybe this one is worse

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from seeing Aquaman for the 2nd time. (Liked it more this time than the first somehow)

Is it too early to say that DC solo movies (based on Wonder Woman & Aquaman) have a higher ceiling than Marvel solo movies? As far as 💰 goes of course.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
this is probably the worst take in BO thread history. Absolutely nonsensical, they'll be back ASAP.
Asap? WB has rumors of a new movie every three weeks, most of which sound like someone throwing shit at a wall with no guarantee of them actually happening, and Justice League 2 isn't even among those. Cyborg may as well not even exist, they don't know what the hell to with Flash, Superman is gone, and we don't have a clue what is happening with Batman until Matt Reeves actually starts rolling a camera.

JL is one of the lowest earning DCEU movies. Joe Mangienello doesn't seem to know if he even has a job anymore and he is literally the post credits stinger.

Suicide Squad 2 makes more sense for WB, and the first one is one of the worst movies I have seen in theaters in years. That's how much of a fuckup the Justice League movie is. Shit is dead unless some exec does enough coke and screams "FUCK IT, LET'S DO JUSTICE LEAGUE 2" before throwing himself off a balcony.

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
So glad to see DC killing it lately. All they had to do was ditch Snyder.

Frankly, I'm not too miffed about them wasting Batman v. Superman. Like 'The Death of Superman', that's one of those comic stories I feel like I've had enough of.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I just want someone really creative at the helm of flash. You can do some really amazing visual things with super speed. But in the wrong hands it's as dull as dust

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Heck let's just do some greatest hits of dumb things Zack Snyder said, showing that he was completely the wrong person to handle a DCEU or touch Batman/Superman.

"I feel like [Superman fans] were taking it personally that I was trying to grow up their character." — In reference to MOS/BvS and the neck snap specifically

"If you know the true canon, you know that I didn't change Superman."

"In some ways, [Batman V Superman] will be, I hope at it's really best, the impossible version of Watchmen."

"He just didn't fit the tone of our world. I'm very strict about what goes into this universe down to all the details." — on why they didn't use the TV Flash.

"What we've done is create a place where they can really be the mythological characters as designed in the comic books. If you're a fan of them in the comic books, you'll get a great opportunity to see what they look like, and how they move, [that] they're real."

"I really wanted to show the violence is real, people get killed or get hurt, and it's not fun or funny. I wanted a hero in Superman that was a real hero."

"In the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time."

"Everyone says that about " Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go."

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Heck let's just do some greatest hits of dumb things Zack Snyder said, showing that he was completely the wrong person to handle a DCEU or touch Batman/Superman.

"I feel like [Superman fans] were taking it personally that I was trying to grow up their character." — In reference to MOS/BvS and the neck snap specifically

"If you know the true canon, you know that I didn't change Superman."

"In some ways, [Batman V Superman] will be, I hope at it's really best, the impossible version of Watchmen."

"He just didn't fit the tone of our world. I'm very strict about what goes into this universe down to all the details." — on why they didn't use the TV Flash.

"What we've done is create a place where they can really be the mythological characters as designed in the comic books. If you're a fan of them in the comic books, you'll get a great opportunity to see what they look like, and how they move, [that] they're real."

"I really wanted to show the violence is real, people get killed or get hurt, and it's not fun or funny. I wanted a hero in Superman that was a real hero."

"In the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time."

"Everyone says that about " Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go."
Well, for better and worse he talks like a comic book writer/fanboy. lol

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Glass feels like it could be big. Or at least the next thing after Aquaman, but before the next big thing... looking at February, uh, LEGO Movie 2 or Alita? Miss Bala?

If nothing else, Captain Marvel is coming after a bit of a dry spell

Sep 28, 2018

The film wrapped on Dec 23 and it was delayed in October. The delay has to do with The Batman/Flash not being ready for WB's Summer 2020 slot. Plus WW previously performed well in that slot. WB had nothing to put there and now they do.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

In China the buzz on social media was at the same level as Infinity War and Lion King. I think we could be looking at a floor of 500m, I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Asap? WB has rumors of a new movie every three weeks, most of which sound like someone throwing shit at a wall with no guarantee of them actually happening, and Justice League 2 isn't even among those. Cyborg may as well not even exist, they don't know what the hell to with Flash, Superman is gone, and we don't have a clue what is happening with Batman until Matt Reeves actually starts rolling a camera.

JL is one of the lowest earning DCEU movies. Joe Mangienello doesn't seem to know if he even has a job anymore and he is literally the post credits stinger.

Suicide Squad 2 makes more sense for WB, and the first one is one of the worst movies I have seen in theaters in years. That's how much of a fuckup the Justice League movie is. Shit is dead unless some exec does enough coke and screams "FUCK IT, LET'S DO JUSTICE LEAGUE 2" before throwing himself off a balcony.
Flash is coming out as is Batman. It's taking longer than expected due to scheduling of other things, but they are happening.

Justice League has been almost completely swept under the rug. If Aquaman has proven anything, it's that the general public has completely forgotten about it. Only places like Era that are deep into this stuff continue on as though it's this irredeemable black spot that they need to wait 15 years before trying trying again.

Aquaman is about to do a billi at the box office; Wonder Woman and Batman have a very real chance at doing the same by 2020. Should that happen, no way does a Justice League movie not become a priority for WB. The only reason it isn't right now is the last one came out last year and they're making other shit right now.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Flash is coming out as is Batman. It's taking longer than expected due to scheduling of other things, but they are happening.

Justice League has been almost completely swept under the rug. If Aquaman has proven anything, it's that the general public has completely forgotten about it. Only places like Era that are deep into this stuff continue on as though it's this irredeemable black spot that they need to wait 15 years before trying trying again.

Aquaman is about to do a billi at the box office; Wonder Woman and Batman have a very real chance at doing the same by 2020. Should that happen, no way does a Justice League movie not become a priority for WB. The only reason it isn't right now is the last one came out last year and they're making other shit right now.

If nerd pop culture folk ran these things, MCU would've been rebooted with Iron Man 2. Star Wars 9 would be cancelled and rebooted. There's a mix of very short term thinking and judging based on the last, immediate success/failure. In a sense, it's not unlike the clueless shareholders you hear from during calls, except without the fiscal interest angle.

As much as people are rightfully in love with Spiderverse, people on gaf were like "Sony will fuck it up!" around the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.