• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Difference between TDK and BvS is that TDK is good and BvS is a dumpster fire. That's it.

Just got out of Mary Poppins. The theater was surprisingly packed and everyone seemed to enjoy it, myself included. :)

The Detective Pikachu trailer that played got a ton of good reception from everybody. I kept hearing "Wow, this looks good!" around me.

That movie is going to be huge. Guaranteed.
I'm predicting 800m WW for Detective Pikachu, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes even higher.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Of course Aquaman is doing a billion

As Chapo said it's about representation

It's Black Panther but for stupid people

It's dumb excellence

I dig it

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The movie should be doing better though, it's one of the better animated films of the last decade.
If it isn't Disney/Pixar or something with the minions, the public seem afraid to embrace it. It's not fair. It's a great movie

Actual action oriented animated movies have always had a tough time at the box office. I look at how stuff like The Adventures of Tintin and Book of Life performed as an example. So the casual audience who rush out to see the MCU movies (and Aquaman for that matter lol) will refuse to see it because it's animated.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It didn't in my humble opinion. Batman vs Superman is one of my favorite superhero movie ever. Never understood the hate. I think people love to hate it and Justice League just because of Ben Affleck.
Affleck is one of the few things people liked about BvS, and one of many things people disliked about Justice League.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Actual action oriented animated movies have always had a tough time at the box office. I look at how stuff like The Adventures of Tintin and Book of Life performed as an example. So the casual audience who rush out to see the MCU movies (and Aquaman for that matter lol) will refuse to see it because it's animated.
I really didn't think of that. Kubo was also brilliant and I think it would kill for Spider-verse numbers.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Difference between TDK and BvS is that TDK is good and BvS is a dumpster fire. That's it.

I'm predicting 800m WW for Detective Pikachu, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes even higher.
If it's good, 700-800m feels about right for Det. Pikachu.

But idk. It feels like people are both underestimating and overestimating that one. Overestimating it because a lot fans just assume that it's about to skate to being the biggest movie of the summer. However, this is untested waters for the franchise and it's going against some heavy hitters. We don't really know how much interest the gen. public has in "Pokemon as a big budget live action family movie" Not to mention the movie has to, ya know, be a good crowdpleaser.

On the other hand, it's Pokemon lol. You don't spend two decades becoming one of the most popular things on Earth without there being massive amounts of appeal. It's a cross generational thing now, and with the first trailer being as good as it was, interest for it is high. I think even WB didn't foresee it being what it is given how they just kind of threw the trailer out there without much fanfare.

It's gonna be interesting to see. As a fan, I'm obviously hype for it. As someone who likes seeing how movies do, it feels like an interesting wild card to me.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
imageproxy.gif

God, that's brain poison. Unless you hook yourself around a fixed object anything pulling up on you is only going to need to overcome your body weight. I could pull both of them off the ground by myself.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
so now it feels like flash is the perfect way to rid the dceu of affleck and cavill while keeping literally everyone else.

what a weird conundrum they've found themselves in.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

Sony is also considering making animated television shows based on characters introduced in "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse," which has collected $276 million at the box office

Unless this is a misprint, I'm pretty sure Marvel fully owns the TV rights

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
so now it feels like flash is the perfect way to rid the dceu of affleck and cavill while keeping literally everyone else.

what a weird conundrum they've found themselves in.
Or they could just recast and not potentially fuck over the first Flash movie by forcing it to be some big continuity reboot.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking BvS and Justice League are better movies than Aquaman is one of those opinions that's honestly hard for me to even comprehend

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think BvS Ultimate Edition is a better movie

*Shrugs*

It happens.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have that opinions. People can like what they like

It's just....those movies are SO BAD to me it's one of those things that's hard for me to understand

Oct 28, 2017
Just got out of Mary Poppins. The theater was surprisingly packed and everyone seemed to enjoy it, myself included. :)

The Detective Pikachu trailer that played got a ton of good reception from everybody. I kept hearing "Wow, this looks good!" around me.

That movie is going to be huge. Guaranteed.
If Detective Pikachu is actually good, it's going to make a billion dollars. Shocking prediction I know.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I don't even think detective pikachu has to be that good. So long as the next trailer delivers and the movie is half decent it will make bank. If it actually somehow gets great reviews than yeah 1 billion could be happening.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think detective pikachu has to be that good. So long as the next trailer delivers and the movie is half decent it will make bank. If it actually somehow gets great reviews than yeah 1 billion could be happening.

It's one of the few IPs that has true Universal Appeal. Pokemon is huge Worldwide. Asia, North America, Europe etc. Not to mention ton of people that were adults grew up on Pokemon and it's still huge with kids today

Unless the movie is utter gutter trash (which the trailer is fantastic so that would surprise me) the movie is gonna make hella bank

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why is aqua man doing so well? Is it any good? Looked pretty lame from the trailers

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Just in case anyone was like me and wondered (for some godforsaken reason) where the fuck Mortal Engine was:

thanks to boxofficereport and the-numbers, though boxofficereport you could have tweeted it out and not just snuck in in your weekend report dammit I don't want to put effort into this.

Holy. Shit.
Mortal Engines getting evicted real quick. three weeks and it's almost completely out of theaters. (With a sub-$400 avg per theater, I don't blame 'em)
Holmes and Watson is going to double it up in Domestic take. lmao.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Even if Venom hadn't turned out a smash hit, the writting was on the wall as far back as 2017 that they weren't selling, and thank god Sony can continue to do their own thing with Spider-Man. Homecoming is easily the worst aspect of the recent era against Venom and Spiderverse. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.