• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
With the number of games that are being announced to be on Xbox Game Pass from First Party games, Third Party and from ID@Xbox Game Pass, it really does show that Xbox Game Pass is becoming a big force in the Gaming Industry and there are tones of benefits for Indies to join Xbox Game Pass.

I do wonder whether Sony will follow suit and compete with Xbox Game Pass. While PSNow has lots of games, more than Game Pass, Game Pass no doubt has better quality games overall. Xbox Game Pass will no doubt have a big impact when it expands to other devices via XCloud.

However, it does include taking big losses to gain market share and a user base.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't benefit Sony at all to give people a reason to not buy their games, and would likely lead to a complete alteration in the kinds of projects they fund and greenlight.

It'd be a very bad move.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say that how "dominant" it is is determined by how many people use it, not how many games are on it. Do we have MAU numbers?

OP
OP
12Danny123

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
I'd say that how "dominant" it is is determined by how many people use it, not how many games are on it. Do we have MAU numbers?

Phil Spencer has confirmed that it is in the Millions, realistically around 2.5 - 5 Million subs and with PC Game Pass will likely add millions more.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Please remember from our E3 rules:

• No reaction threads – To prevent clutter we will lock all reaction threads during E3. A reaction thread is a topic about a hot take or some other personal reaction to anything that did or did not happen during E3. Examples include "Why wasn't the Switch 2 announced?", "Did Ubisoft just win E3?" and "I can't believe the leaks were real". These sort of topics can be discussed in news threads and conference threads.
Please discuss this in one of the announcement threads during the festivities!

Status
Not open for further replies.