• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want to see what Trevorrow would have done with star wars honestly.

So as the thread title says, which other cut of fan favorites would you like to ever see released?

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all about the Fan4stic Trank cut.

Unlike the Snyder cut, seeing what Trank was originally shooting for would at least be interesting regardless of quality.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I'm all about the Fan4stic Trank cut.

Unlike the Snyder cut, seeing what Trank was originally shooting for would at least be interesting regardless of quality.
There was another cut of that monstrosity?

And yeah, I don't understand the hype some people have for the Synder cut, like people had many complaints for Man of Steel or Batman v Superman so why they expect his cut of Justice League to be amazing is beyond me

Slyfox

Oct 28, 2017
Guess trolling is allowed in resetera now. Hey OP what other titles did u come up with when trying to troll? Release all the titles u came up with

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't been keeping tabs for awhile, but did Spike Lee's Unedited Oldboy ever make it onto a release?

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would have loved to have seen the cut of Batman Returns that featured Robin. I've read that Marlon Wayans was going to be him and that they filmed a bunch of training scenes for it.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
David Lynch's Star Wars 6. He really wasn't interested in doing it before meeting with Lucas, and meeting him somehow convinced him even more that he didn't want to do it. But I really wonder how it would have been.

He definitely wouldn't had huge creative freedom, but just imagine an alternate weird ass universe where he's doing Star Wars 6, still doesn't give much fuck about Star Wars, about what was told in the previous films (he would still acknowledge it : see Twin Peaks The Return, where a lot of events from season 2 are talked about), and has full creative controls and freedom. He can do whatever he wants. It would be glorious.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
There was another cut of that monstrosity?

And yeah, I don't understand the hype some people have for the Synder cut, like people had many complaints for Man of Steel or Batman v Superman so why they expect his cut of Justice League to be amazing is beyond me
I'm not entirely sure how complete it was but Trank's version was definitely reworked into a more traditional superhero flick with some of the most obvious and awkward reshoots around.

It was supposedly more of a horror film(you can see the remnants of this occasionally, the body-horror first transformations, Doom's head popping attack), there was a lot more of Reed on the run(he uses a car to make a new way to go to the alien world), and the whole climax was done without Trank.

We'll never know if there was a great film lost in that mess but it definitely would've been more interesting.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
not an alternate cut but the original idea for the vincent ward alien 3 sounded insane

TableBeRound

Alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Alien 5 with Sigourney Weaver written/directed by Cameron and Scott that both wanted to do in the early 2000s.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I think the problem is you can only do so much with editing/unreleased footage etc, if there are just fundamental tonal and writing problems (like most of the DC stuff has) you'd basically need a full remake/reboot.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Director's cut of Billy Bob Thornton's All the Pretty Horses with the original Daniel Lanois score
Director's cut of Bill Forsyth's Being Human

And for a slightly less realistic answer: a version of Snowman where they actually shot 100% of the script.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
I'd want to see Gareth Edward's third act of Rogue One, particularly all of them running through Canary Wharf station

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
You know I'd like to see it released just so we could finally put this to rest.

They hired a new director and reshot much of an entire movie it was so bad, and yet people are still clamoring to see it. I say give it to them.