• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sony or Microsoft?

• Playstation 4.

Votes: 1,076 79.2%
  • XBox One.

Votes: 282 20.8%

• Total voters

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
PS4
There are just a lot of games that aren´t even available on Xbox (or only at a later date).

Xbox is mostly used for BC these days and the odd AAA third party game that isn´t a Live Service dumpster fire.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 and the Pro until the X came out. Now I would say it's about 90% the X and I only turn on my PS4 for exclusives.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
This is going to be a lopsided poll lol. I only have a PS4 but I'll probably buy an X by the end of the year. Backward compatibility is genius.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
The Xbox One, not even close. And the Switch ( since the last 2 years ).

I bought a PS4 only for God of War ( what a game ). But the Xbox One remained my default console with the Switch ( where is the Wii U/ Switch option OP ? ).

Oct 28, 2017
PS4. I see the Xbox as an inferior pc without exclusives. During the PS2/Xbox era that was a bringing PC gaming home as I couldn't afford PC gaming at that time and graphics cards updated so quickly during the Geforce 2-5 era. I don't like Halo, Gears or Forza. So I don't really have a need for one. But during that one point in time? Wow. That and I got burned on the 360.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
the xbox had fucking nothing of interest to me this gen. everything i wanted to play was also on PC and console exclusives were better on PS4, which I also own.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
My Xbox gathered dust for 4 years. I got an xbox one x though, so played a bit more, although I think that's more to do with a person I became friends with having Xbox because he's now got a PS4 and we play on that now. So my x is now gathering dust, but it's also a 4K player so it's all good.

I don't see this situation changing next gen. In fact, Xbox might not even get a purchase from me. Which would be weird for me as I buy both ps and Xbox every gen.

Kattlauv

Oct 28, 2017
Manila
Bought a X1 first, and a PS4 a year later. I've never gotten less value out of a console, so yeah. Used my PS4 way more.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I only got a PS4, so it wins by default.

Xbone just didn't have any exclusives of interest to me.

Also, I used an Xbone controller for PC games and really didn't like it. The shoulder buttons are awful.

Last edited:

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
2014 PS4
2015 WiiU
2016 PS4
2017 Switch
2018 Switch
(With a small patch of XBone with Sea of Thieves)
2019 Switch -> into foreseeable future it's this

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Everything XBOX has to offer for me is on PC, so i never thought to Buy one.

So Ps4.

And Switch.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Honestly, with all the backlog I had on the Wii and 3DS, I was fine with just the WiiU for home console gaming. And I still haven't finished everything so I'm not that much in a hurry to get new consoles yet.

That said, I would love to play Journey someday.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I've barely used my Xbone this gen, it's a real shame after the 360 being perhaps my favourite system if all time. Being on Gamepass for three months for $1 has me using it a bit more though.

Hopeful for Microsoft's future since they seem to be trying to build up their first party offerings, hope they kill it next gen.

Have used my PS4 so much more, it's an excellent system, I much prefer it's UI and Sony first party has been real strong.

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
Neither.

I brought a PS4 on the back of the reveal but by October 2016 I'd realised Sony weren't going to deliver on the vision presented there so I moved full time to PC and haven't looked back since.

mattypacker

Oct 29, 2017
Bristol UK
PS4 by an absolute mile. All my friends are on it and I just like the ecosystem more. Plus the output of exclusives this gen has been right up my street.

The X is a great 4k blu ray player though and as my streaming device for MLB and NFL

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox.

Only ever used my PS4 to play a bit of Spider-Man and so my gf could play Bloodborne.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I bought an Xbox One for Cuphead, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive, and I enjoyed all three of those games immensely. I also happened to get into the Forza Horizon series; I loved 3, but 4 is easily one of my favorite games of this console generation. After I purchased an Xbox One X, I found myself playing PC games far less often, as I was able to finally play most games with very little in the way of compromises on my TV. (I hated the PC gaming experience on my TV, as Windows can be really quirky in some respects for living room use.) Also, I have to say that Back Compat was a nice surprise, as was Game Pass.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
PS4 by miles, gave my XB1 to my brother after I played Rise of The Tomb Raider and had no reason to take it back. Only played FIFA with him on it since.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Original consoles was not really a competition because I'm just not a fan of the current XBox ecosystem/interface, but I like the X hardware.

Still play mostly on my PS4 though.

Complete reversal of last gen where I'd bend over backwards to be on my 360, at least for the first half of the gen... Bring back the blades!

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
XB1 and then an X. I did buy a Pro for God of War which was fantastic. Next game I bought for PS4 was Spider-Man which to me was one of the most overrated games of the generation. After that I rid myself of the Pro. I figure at this point any worthwhile PS games I can just play on the PS5 in a few years. Until Sony gets a controller as good as what Xbox has Xbox will always be my go to console. Plus that is where all my friends are at anyways.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Xbox by a big margin, mainly due to not having a Sony gamepass equivalent for 1st party games on day 1.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I play mostly on ps4 for both exclusives and 3rd part, and the rest (and some fps) on pc.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Probably about the same. Game Pass has given The One absolutely tremendous value and this year in particular, the quality of new releases for the service has been outstanding. On the other hand, Sony is probably my favorite publisher this gen with a slew of amazing single-player software plus the PS4 has gotten more Japanese games and I've played about a dozen PSVR games.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Don't have an Xbox, so PS4. On the other hand, PC it is 95% of the time. I don't know when I last turned on my PS4. Could be one or two months ago.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
My PS4 easily. The variety of games and all the JRPGs made it my main console for the generation. I cant see any of this changing next gen despite the somewhat overhyped studio acquisitions MS have made IMO. I actually had an XB1 to start out the gen but I sold it pretty fast too because it just didn't receive much of anything.

Switch has climbed up recently though because of portability + JRPGs. I am comfortable going PS5+Switch going forward.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I think my numbers would work out as pretty much neck-and-neck. Although I would say that I played more of a variety of games on the PS4, whereas on the Xbox I went through a lengthy spell where Forza Horizon 3 was basically permanently in the slot. Conversely, though, I think I've played more Games With Gold than I have PS+ games.

Oldhand

Oct 28, 2017
PS4. This is the first generation I've not owned an Xbox due to me not wanting to pay for 2 online subscriptions, room under the TV and no compelling reason to buy an Xbox re: games.

I've got a really powerful PC (mainly for VR) but game on the PS4 most of the time due to convenience - sat on a sofa some 15 feet from the 65" TV, the PS4 is powerful enough and simply has the best games for me. I love the Sony exclusives in general.

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PlayStation 4 as it's the only console I've owned this generation. However, I am so compelled by the Xbox's backwards compatibility program and X Enhanced games. The only thing keeping me to the PS4 is the exclusives.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
At first PS4 but because of XBX and better Microsoft's dedication to improve both new and classic games, Xbox now.

I'll probably sell my Pro soon, but XBX probably never because thanks to BC it has some of my all-time favourite like Ninja Gaiden Black and Panzer Dragoon Orta, both enhanced.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Xbox by a mile, the Sony exclusives I did buy are usually done within a week while xbox had more of what I love which is racing games and Halo MCC/Gears and SoT.

Xbox was also better value (gamepass esp), better customer service and not as noisy.

Sold my Pro but still have my og PS4 for Dreams.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
PS4 from launch till XB1X came out. Although recently i have been switching back and forth depending on where my friends are playing what.

I love my XB1X BC and gamepass but the sony exclusives and PSVR are just *chefkiss*

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Bought XB1 and PS4 at launch. Now have PS4Pro and XB1X.

I have by far used the Xbox more. Hardly used the PS4 enough to have bothered with the Pro.

The exclusives I like more - especially Forza - have been on Xbox. But it's more the controller, ecosystem, XBL etc that has kept me mostly on Xbox. I'd have bought a console just to play Forza games, and as a long time Gran Turismo fan that series hasn't gone in the direction I'd have liked.

Unless things change radically I doubt I'll buy a PS5. I understand I am way in the minority here.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox One X for the Multiplatform games that were enhanced.

PS4 Pro for those that were only enhanced on PS4 (Little Nightmares, Dragons Dogma etc).

And also for exclusives. Played almost all of Sony's big exclusives and pretty much platinum'd them all.

In saying that, I'm glad I own both but will be just sticking to PS5 next time around.