• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Now that I think about it, Dreams as a PS5 launch game would make so much goddamn sense. Getting a game like that on a system as early as possible when there's not a huge catalogue of games for consumers to choose from would do it the world of good. Especially if it's heavily bundled. That's the kind of maximum exposure that Dreams needs badly, because I don't see it faring too well on the PS4 at this stage in time. Especially when you look at the release schedule for the first quarter of next year and how it's just juggernaut after juggernaut.

Really wouldn't be surprised if Ghost of Tsushima ends up being a cross-gen game either. Sony will need a first-party title to truly showcase what the PS5 is capable of, and GoT is the game to do it.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Aside from the usual suspects of Battlefield, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed.. Gran Turismo and Demon's Souls would be great choices. I'd love to see a new IP though, even if it's AA release from Housemarque.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon 2
Bluepoint game
Housemarque game
New ratchet and clank
Tlou2 MP
Sony japan game

Ray tracing updates for spiderman and ghost

Sep 14, 2019
Surprised how many people are not saying Ghost of Tsushima. Maybe I'll look foolish in the future, but that basically seems like a lock. Cross-platform release, sure, but still a launch title.

Anyways, I think the launch titles would be Ghost of Tsushima, Bluepoint's new game, and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe Horizon 2, although that seems a bit crowded for a Playstation exclusive launch lineup, so I will say Horizon 2 is the least likely and could easily be an early 2021 game.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon 2
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet

Bluepoint's new Game will be Spring.
Summer will be Uncharted reboot from their new San Diego studio.
Fall will be God of War unless it gets delayed to next year.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I think Ratchet will be a launch title. The first time Ratchet has been a launch title too. Just a hunch. Would definitely ensure I buy a PS5 day one.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls
Ratchet & Clank
Gran Turismo
+Assorted 3rd party lineup from the usual franchises

I would guess Horizon 2 will be their big game for 2021.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Horizon 2
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet

Bluepoint's new Game will be Spring.
Summer will be Uncharted reboot from their new San Diego studio.
Fall will be God of War unless it gets delayed to next year.
I feel like Insomniac will build Spider-man 2 and Ratchet simultaneously but prioritize Spider-man. There's no way they can ignore that success.

Not sure if San Diego can turn around a game that quickly... are they even fully staffed yet?

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there will be that many launch games. They will stagger their first party releases.
Ghost of Tsushima, Cross Gen
Ape Escape
3rd party exclusive, maybe Housemarque??

And then, there are always your big AAA 3rd party games.
New COD
New Assassin's Creed
etc

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tsushima could be a cross platform launch game. Or PS5 only. Its not been shown and I guess it will be shown during or after the PS5 unveal which makes this a no brainer.

TLoU2 PS5 edition.

GT perhaps. Horizon dunno, I guess Sony can push it to somewhat later down the line.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
A new Ratchet, and some sort of "complete edition" of GT Pro to put on shelves, maybe something new from San Diego and Japan Studio.

I am firmly on the side that we arent going to see anywhere near the volume of"remasters" next gen with both Sony and Ms pushing backwards compatibility. Using TLOU2 and GoT as examples of what PS5 can do to select PS4 games via some sort of internal upgrade is a bigger selling point for them than the resources necessary for a full blown remaster.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
I think Sony has games coming from Housemarque, Ready At Dawn, Remedy we already know Bluepoint I think all of those companies get acquired by Sony too.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how in the PS5 update blog post they explicitly say that Ghost of Tsushima is a PS4 game and people keep insisting on it being cross-gen, or worst yet, a PS5 title. People love to be wrong it seems.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I really hope Guerrilla aren't developing Horizon 2 with the pressure of having to have it ready for PS5 launch day.....because I'm pretty sure that's what happened last time with Killzone Shadowfall.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Knack and a few other titles nobody will care about 2 years into the life cycle when it gets actually good games.

Sony hasn't had a solid 1st party launch library in a very long time. They kind of mastered the slow burn. A couple of meh titles that look pretty at launch followed by system blockbusters a year or two later.

I'll be happy to eat crow but I expect disappointment.

Aug 26, 2019
FIFA and COD

Expect aggressive 3rd-Party marketing deals. Maybe Bluepoint's game if it's ready. I don't expect the goods to come until 2021.

Todesritter74

Oct 30, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn sequel would be great at launch but can see them releasing in February 2021.

3rd Party Games:
new Rayman game (it's time)
Destiny 2 upgraded graphics

Other Games:
Death Stranding: Director's Cut
The Order 1887

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Probably an Enhanced LoU2 (hopefully free of charge for owners)
- GoT
- + New Bluepoint Game

No point listing 3rd party games, that will be available on others and so not a differentiator.

Supreme Leader Galahad

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Horizon sequel, Guerrilla MP shooter game, God of War Sequel, Bluepoint next project, GT Sport repackaged with all old content and new ones, VR games from lots of WWS studios, an indie from Japan Studio, Factions bad sequel, Ghost of Tsushima (crossgen launch), something FromSoft(big fucking maybe). From third parties, every possible quickly made/rehashed sequel under the sun.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima will be cross gen but come out to coincide PS5 launch.
Bluepoint games.
Third party obvious ones + Batman
Maybe a TLOU2 re-release + online mp.
Maybe Astro Bot in some form as somebody said.

Feb 8, 2018
It's funny how in the PS5 update blog post they explicitly say that Ghost of Tsushima is a PS4 game and people keep insisting on it being cross-gen, or worst yet, a PS5 title. People love to be wrong it seems.

Means nothing lol. Did you follow the last transition at all? The only way to figure out what the launch window games will be before the reveal is trough rumours, leaks or teasers even with the official PS5 announcement.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
One big exclusive first party game to showcase the system (Horizon maybe).

One lesser casual/kiddie game (Knack 3 lol).

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would love for Horizon 2 to come out next year, I don't see that happening. Even if they announced it as a launch title I think it'd get delayed.

ChronoMonarch

Apr 22, 2019
Everywhere At All Times
For me, all they would have to do is announce Horizon Zero Dawn 2 as the launch game for the PS Penta and I'd buy both Day One... if not, then wherever and whenever Horizon Zero Dawn 2 releases, that is when I'll buy the PS Penta.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I'm thinking Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon Wild Lands 2.
Maybe an indie as well.

If Demon Souls remake is one, then that's a must buy for me.