• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

With the news from this morning SNK now joins Capcom and Arcsys in implementing rollback. Bandai Namco is last of the major fighting devs/publisher to not implement it. Do you think there's a chance they will have it in their next fighting game or are they gonna continue fucking around?

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
EDr1A3iXsAAFzWW.png

Harada is pretty stubborn.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
What are you talking about. Tekken 7 already has rollback, just ask Harada.

Jokes aside, I won't support fighting games without rollback anymore. After Strive showed me how I can finally play against people around the world, I'm done giving these companies a free pass.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Harada probally don't give a fuck and Bandai don't give a fuck about retroactively putting it in games. Going forward who knows but I'll choose the audacity of hope. Next Tekken and Soul Calibur probally long ways off and I would not be surprised if/when they do happen Harada will be busy spearheading other projects.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Probably but the next tekken is probably a few years off and they're not going to update T7's "rollback"

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
"no promises" = not confirmed.
I feel like "no promises" in this context more implies no promises with regards to the quality of implementation, not necessarily the existence of rollback itself. It comes off pretty clearly as more of a "please don't get too mad if it's not perfect" than a "we might just give up entirely and go back to delay-based netcode."

I mean yeah, it's a (bad) excuse if they somehow do fuck up so badly they have to do that, but I wouldn't rate that the most likely scenario.

Soonri

Oct 25, 2017
They already think they got the hottest netcode and the best fighting game around, so they're not gonna learn a thing until they get their ass humbled.

Also, the netcode DID improve at the start of season 4 but has kind of fallen off and seems to be closer to season 3's quality now.