• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 24, 2018
Not Spanish but I would love A Vampire Watermelon Pokémon from Baltic/Romi Folklore.

And generally more buy-types based on invertebrates not in Pokémon yet. I want an Ice-Type Dung Beetle with a head like a snowplow that helps clear roads and path (not a joke). Also uses balls of snow as weapons (:

I want a Sea pig (perfect animal), Comb Jelly, Grasshopper, tape worm, wolf spider or Daddy Long-Legs and Termites as well (:

I want a new Shark that isn't your typical Tiger/Bull/Great White look but Basking Shark, Carpet Shark etc.

And I want a Iberian Lynx and Genet.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Lynx
Iberian wolf
Imperial eagle
Iberian brown bear
Regional black tauros
A fallas themed bat (rata penada in valencian)
Osprey
Giant lizard (el hierro)
Pilot whale
Donkey
Spanish pinto horse
Monk seal
Iberian pig
Mink?

Flora themed:
Milenary Drago
Carnation

Other
(Valencian) Paella themed ghost
Firecracker pokemon

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
A goat

la-cabra-de-la-legion-asciende-a-coronel_11139b4d_1200x630.jpg

This beauty (Ocellated Lizard)

lagarto.jpg

Birdseeding

Mar 13, 2018
What about some Pokemon inspired by famous Spanish art?

A Goya devil-goat
csm_Francisco_de_Goya__Hexensabbat__El_Aquelerre___1797-98_LAC_a2e5d25453.jpg

A Joan Miró creature:

9zy_Joan_Miro_oct176.jpg

A Pablo Picasso dove:

Dove%20of%20Peace%20Pablo%20Picasso.jpg

An El Greco Baboon:

GettyImages-53313152-1024x787.jpg

A Salvador Dalí fire-type Giraffe:

67379664-33fe-11e7-8397-b8d9fcc7163b.jpg

Bonito_Flakes

May 31, 2021
While not a Pokemon I bet the English translation will feature a Monty Python "Spanish Inquisition" reference in the text of some random trainer or something

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I could see this being used as the inspiration of one of the Fossil Mons since it was found in Portugal:

463463.jpg

Metoposaurus.jpg

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Sintra would be cool with the highlight being Palace of Pena at the top of the area. Something more obscure could be the Anchor Graveyard for a small area dedicated to Ghost Pokémon.

In regards to Pokémon a Cod fish Pokémon seems the easy and boring association to Portugal. Rooster of Barcelos could be fun, Flying/Ghost perhaps?

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
For me it's easier to name something I do NOT want to see featured: Bull Pokémon, or at the very least, anything bullfighting related.

I am not an animal fan neither a Poke fan, but bullfighting is something that really annoys me.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
For me it's easier to name something I do NOT want to see featured: Bull Pokémon, or at the very least, anything bullfighting related.

I am not an animal fan neither a Poke fan, but bullfighting is something that really annoys me.
I think that a bull removed from bull-fighting is ok. But yeah, it better be a black bull a-la Osborne and there shouldn't be any matador or similar things.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I wish this was more inspired by al Andalus specifically. It covers the Iberian peninsula, but it will be something non-Western finally. Making it focused on science, and perhaps even making it take place in the past. It would be far more interesting than being inspired by a western culture.

Would also be very awesome to get Pokémon or elements in the game of astronomy, surgery, medicine etc.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018

I agree. The practice is evil and cruel. Don't know how Spain feels about it but here in Portugal it only exists due to tradition, most people want it abolished being held back by old people.
I hope Pokémon did their research, the link to animal cruelty is far too obvious.

Feb 24, 2018
Vampire Watermelon? Tell me more!
The belief as I understand it is that if a Watermelon left to age too long outside (usually after Christmas), they eventually become Vampires and rise to feast on people and animals but aren't really that affective at it. They also tend to fight Vampire Pumpkins as well. They were popularized here by Terry Pratchett's Carpe Jugulum and seem to be based around how real Waterelons and Pumpkin can appear "bloody" as they age:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The belief as I understand it is that if a Watermelon left to age too long outside (usually after Christmas), they eventually become Vampires and rise to feast on people and animals but aren't really that affective at it. They also tend to fight Vampire Pumpkins as well. They were popularized here by Terry Pratchett's Carpe Jugulum and seem to be based around how real Waterelons and Pumpkin can appear "bloody" as they age:
OMG, I love it.

I want the watermelons and the pumpkins.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Being honest - I REALLY hope we get regional variants in this game and they aren't just animal based but also object based - see Regional Aegislash

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
1000_F_217607305_RUthDDGjmy8XtwutU1T39DdNfgvusBQA.jpg
Needs a galo de barcelos if Portugal is in. It's basically a Pokémon already.
Also, a sardine Pokémon.

Dog Weissman

Banned
Sep 12, 2020
User Banned (1 Week): Sexist Boys Club Rhetoric; Account in Junior Phase
Some kind of spicy latina senorita Pokemon, por favor. Ooh la la.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
What about some Pokemon inspired by famous Spanish art?

A Goya devil-goat
csm_Francisco_de_Goya__Hexensabbat__El_Aquelerre___1797-98_LAC_a2e5d25453.jpg

A Joan Miró creature:

9zy_Joan_Miro_oct176.jpg

A Pablo Picasso dove:

Dove%20of%20Peace%20Pablo%20Picasso.jpg

An El Greco Baboon:

GettyImages-53313152-1024x787.jpg

A Salvador Dalí fire-type Giraffe:

67379664-33fe-11e7-8397-b8d9fcc7163b.jpg

I want that devil goat as a dark/ghost. Lean into when people though Pokemon was demonic. Or they could troll and make it fairy type, since that seems to be Pokemon's version of light/holy.

If we get the flaming giraffe as a Girafarig regional I'll explode with happiness.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We had a weird dragon apple pie pokemon so it's time for pastel de nata Pokemon. Fuck yeah portubros.

As for Spain as I said in the other thread I just don't want any corridas bullshit. So tired of that stereotype.

It would be nice to see places we don't usually see in media regarding the peninsula like:

- The forests of Basque country (love them)
- The Pyrenees
- Asturias or Cantabria (lots of green there)
- The Doñana wetlands
- Madeira or Canarias
- Galician cliffs and beaches (so fucking wild and cold lol)

The geography is so diverse you can literally represent any climate or biome you want.