• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
For ND:

OMA2mcn.png

With gameplay similar to this:

+​

So... Futuristic Uncharted with a double jump and air dash?

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone 2 needs to happen, those Hordes gonna be glorious with 10TF and a SSD ;)
First one was already outstanding, but I'm sure they could improve so many things in the sequel and add new stuff.

New Naughty IP please, I still love UC and TLOU, but I'd rather they make something new for the new gen.

GoW 2 and Horizon 2 are already given and I'll welcome them with open arms and wallet.

What Sony really should do is bring back COLONY WARS with a bang, make it a PSVR2 launch title and go all in!

1st party titles should all be 100% playable in VR, guess that one will remain a dream for some time, but we'll know for sure when they announce PSVR2.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Rather than assuming I just hate everything sight unseen, maybe understand that the reason I'm complaining is that I'm not being given ANYTHING that appeals to me. You know much much I like Bloodborne. It's been five years.

Too be fair if you're waiting on more Bloodborne you're not really waiting on a Sony studio. But yes, Bloodborne 2 is always the answer.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
For me I'd go for

- Universal improvements in accessibility. I won't benefit from this myself but many players will, and I think if ND can share what they learned with TLOU2 and standardise the experiences on that front it will be fantastic to see.
- Focus on the experience and not the scale. Worlds don't have to be massive to be immersive or high quality, and if they want to cut down on development times it may well be essential. A fully fleshed out, and fun experience can be done in a town the size of Silent Hill 2's (Or other PS2 games).
- Development times were brutal this generation - It needs to be reduced however possible to be sustainable for both companies and the people making these games. Think of what Shaun Layden said recently regarding this, a full AAA game with that Sony quality will catch attention nowadays, and they could experiment a lot more in their biggest titles.
- Retain talent and support victims of past abuse. This entwines with the previous points made but with tough development cycles comes departures or a toxic work culture, this must be confronted in a clear, honest manner that no longer tolerates BS from abusers in the game industry, their time is up. Regardless of their position and contributions to Sony and the team they work for, if they are racist, transphobic, sexist, etc tell them to change their attitude or fuck off. If this happens on a wide scale, it will likely lead to an improvement in work culture as employees feel safe and healthy and the games benefit as a result.
- Cultivate games and talent from Japan. They may not be able to buy out Capcom or Square, but there are likely a lot of talented people who want to have a crack at those kind of games, fighting, rpgs, puzzles, etc. Give them a studio and a chance to shine.
- Build on the smaller studios where possible. Bend and Sucker Punch took a long time with their titles this generation, it may help them to see how the bigger studios do things and where they can be supported. I believe Bend Studio has expanded a bit since Days Gone so hopefully they'll be able to do better on their next title.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Brand new ip's and experiences. The thought of next gen being a bunch of sequels and reboots deflates me.

I'd like to see ND create a game in the vein on Dead Space. I think they'd be great at that.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Would a little more variety kill them? I know that Sony has zeroed in on what portion of the gaming community butters their bread, but branch out a bit? And for fuck's sake, don't send your AA games out to die at retail. Cut that shit out. PLEASE.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
There's no real fill here for a JRPG, that would be really nice, I enjoy those.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'd be down for a Sci-Fi RPG, like say the first Mass Effect, from Naughty Dog. Though they do like telling a Story from a character's perspective and not the players so maybe RPG is not for them. You have no choice in what happens in their games. You either do it or stop playing. Kinda goes against the notion of Quests and Dialogue trees. I'm excited for Sony First Party on PS5 regardless though.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War 2
Horizon 2
Spider-Man 2
New IP from Sony Bend
Ghost of Tsushima 2
New IP from Naughty Dog
Don't care about MLB

this is what we will get.. i think we will geta sequel to biker deacon from bend though...

sequels, sequels... would rather have new types of games from sony reall

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Clap Hanz is not a PlayStation studio but it might as well be.

I want a new Everybody's Tennis and new Everybody's Golf. I hope they aren't stuck doing VR version of these games as the HotShot/Everybody's golf series is one of my favorite PlayStation IPs.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Santa Monica - God of War 2 and a new action-based IP
Sucker Punch - New platformer IP
Naughty Dog - New IP in a unique setting and a TLoU3 with a new cast
SIE Japan - New JRPG, linear action IP, Silent Hill, and a new Ueda game
Insomniac - We know we will get a new Spiderman and Ratchet, but i'd like them to make a Ghostbusters game and a new IP
Bend - Now is the time for a new Syphon Filter
Guerrilla - New IP after Horizon

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I think in general I'd like to see more upbeat and colourful games, and less gritty, mature-toned and/or grimdark fare. Not that there's anything wrong with the latter in moderation, but if a large quantity of Sony's studios want to aspire to be like ND and not much else then that's a problem. More platformers, more Japanese games, more blue skies. Borrow the Jet Set Radio IP from Sega and put Japan Studio to work on a new one or something. That's the kind of game the world needs right now.

I will say though that the PS5 event had a nice line in diversity, so that bodes well for the future.

Am I allowed to dream of gravity rush 3?

Of course you are. I'll dream with you.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Except for the games already confirmed or sequels we know will happen, like God of War and Spider-Man 2.

Naughty Dog - New IP
Santa Monica - New IP
Guerilla - Killzone sequel.
Insomniac - Resistance sequel or Sunset Overdrive sequel.
Bend - Days Gone 2 or Syphon Filter sequel.
Sucker Punch - New IP or Infamous sequel or Ghost of Tsushima 2.
Japan Studio - Astro Bot VR 2

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Killzone Reboot or F2P Battle Royale (if their other rumored project turns out to be a multiplayer shooter)
TLOU Multiplayer game
Sci-fi IP from Naughty Dog
Rumored new IP from Cory at SSM
God of War 2
Spider-Man 2
Uncharted Reboot from rumored San Diego Studio
Silent Hill from Japan Studio
Days Gone 2
Bluepoint, PixelOpus, Housemarque, Media Molecule, and Sucker Punch are wild cards

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Sequels to everything, except Naughty Dog who should try a new IP.

I wouldnt mind Sony Bend doing something new, but Days Gone seems like easy money for them to rake in

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to see naughty dog do horror. I think they could make a genuine classic. They know how to nail atmosphere and tension and with their attention to detail im positive it would be one of the best horror games we'd get.

Oct 27, 2017
I expect them to all become top-tier devs releasing 90+ meta games. MS may win next-gen in terms of quantity but Sony's 1st party will reach new heights in terms of quality.
Horizon 2 is already looking like a Uncharted->Uncharted 2 jump in quality and I expect the same for the next games from Bend, Insomniac and Sucker Punch. All of them (maybe not Bend yet) will enter the league ND and SSM are in.

GT seems to be finally on the right track and I can't wait for the rumored SH reboot from Japan studio and all their more creative, expiremental output, same with Pixel Opus.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Experimentation. Genre differentiation. Multiple smaller and medium sized titles. MP.

Basically go back to the PS3 days were we had the Uncharted 2's, TLOU but we also had weird titles and MP titles and other genre dips. (Fighting games, FPS, JRPGs, etc...)

Go crazy, experiment again.

Make Gyro a standard for First Party.

Also FPS new SciFi I.P RPG from Insomniac. Bring back Legend of Dragoon and Alundra. Make a new Ape Escape.

Put out a big MP shooter like MAG or WarHawk.

Arcade Racer.

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
I'd like to see them cater to almost every genre. Loving the current offerings and would be over the moon if they introduced a W/J RPG and a Horror Series!

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Days Gone 2 - This needs to happen and I'm pretty sure it probably already is in the works. Days Gone while rough around the edges was still a solid bit of fun and there could be a truly great series here.

MotorStorm - a return of this would be great for PlayStation racing fans.

dziga

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
Bloodborne 2, Horizon 2, God of War 2, Spiderman 2, Days Gone 2, Ghost 2 and TLOU part 2 2

amemehack

Jun 6, 2020
I just want one big game that connects the fanbase together the way other games do for Nintendo or MS.
One unique type of genre-bending, shared world multiplayer

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Oh, also an open world racer

Open world racer is maybe the only genre where their main rival has a game that is just miles better than anything on Sony's system, 1st or 3rd party

If you want a Forza Horizon type game on PS4, it's slim pickings, and none of those pickings hold a candle to the Forza Horizon games
They had a dedicated studio for arcade racing games...they were called Evolution and they were fantastic....they shut them down.

Jan 11, 2018
Its kind of a bummer cause I think its pretty predictable what most of the studios will be up to for the majority of the gen. Hopefully there will be some surprises along the way.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
I need more original IP from Japan Studio. They just seem to collab on other projects quite a bit. But I want more games like The Puppeteer, Gravity Rush, Ape Escape etc.

Jan 11, 2018
Oh, the things I would do for Tearaway 2, Sunset Overdrive 2, a new IP from SSM, and a new IP from ND. Sadly only the latter seems likely.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really love a Gravity Rush 3 or a similar style of new IP from them. I worry that Toyama is going to go back to Horror next though :/